HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings @ Edmonton Oilers - 11/25/09

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2009, 11:12 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Los Angeles Kings @ Edmonton Oilers - 11/25/09

Mustache Rides!

Old
11-25-2009, 11:13 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Kings (TM) has to change their tactics, we can't score from the outside. There are not many shots taken from the slots, most of the shooting is done from the blueline with no screen because our players don't get in front in time since they are on the outside by the boards or down below...this tactic doesn't work.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:14 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Couldn't watch or listen, details please.

Did Loktionov play well?

Old
DAkings20
Kings can't score

The lotki injury ruins the win for me, he was playing well.

Old
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Hemsky was out.

Old
MxK1NGS

A dirty win that was much needed! Got the 2 points now lets go out and steal a 2 points from the Nucks!!

Old
11-25-2009, 11:15 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post

Did Loktionov play well?
hurt. badly.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:19 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Kings (TM) has to change their tactics, we can't score from the outside. There are not many shots taken from the slots, most of the shooting is done from the blueline with no screen because our players don't get in front in time since they are on the outside by the boards or down below...this tactic doesn't work.
... I dunno, I think there was a conscious decision to go back to playing D and for the forwards to support the defensemen more. The Kings probably should have won this game 2-0, as Potulny's and Simmonds' goals were a little more unlikely than most. Too bad about Loktionov getting hurt -- he had a rough game, got worked in the draws (only won 1 out of 8) and didn't look like he was in sync with his linemates.

Greene was my number 1 star. He played his best game this season, for sure, against his old mates. He was defensively solid, and more than got the job done.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:19 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Was it me...or did POS's stache look like he was practicing for the Springtime For Hitler tryouts???

Old
11-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Doughty8 View Post
hurt. badly.
Either a dislocated or (i hope not) separated shoulder...

Old
11-25-2009, 11:22 PM
timmeh

May I ask why you mention "Hemsky is out" so many times? Is he injured often or you just dont like him?

Old
11-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLudwig View Post
Was it me...or did POS's stache look like he was practicing for the Springtime For Hitler tryouts???
Think "brother in Napoleon Dynamite"...

Old
11-25-2009, 11:23 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Think "brother in Napoleon Dynamite"...
Hahahah. Definately him!

Old
11-25-2009, 11:24 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
May I ask why you mention "Hemsky is out" so many times? Is he injured often or you just dont like him?
... It's because the Oilers' announcers in the streamed feed mentioned it literally 500 times during the game.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:25 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I dunno, I think there was a conscious decision to go back to playing D and for the forwards to support the defensemen more. The Kings probably should have won this game 2-0, as Potulny's and Simmonds' goals were a little more unlikely than most. Too bad about Loktionov getting hurt -- he had a rough game, got worked in the draws (only won 1 out of 8) and didn't look like he was in sync with his linemates.

Greene was my number 1 star. He played his best game this season, for sure, against his old mates. He was defensively solid, and more than got the job done.
Did you honestly think Lokti played that bad? I thought this was a great 1st game for the kid. Not like a start Parse had but still a good start.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:26 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post

Did Loktionov play well?
no. well, not really. looked enormously overwhelmed and ended up having to leave the game with what appears to be a dislocated/separated shoulder... he tried the ol' boomerang and learned the hard way that pushing off a 200+ pound NHLer is incredibly more difficult than either a junior player or 170 pound soaking wet AHLer.

Segal looked FAR more comfortable and like an NHLer out there.

from the second period on, Wayne Simmonds played his best hockey in about a month. he and Handzus were really moving out there. Michal had an unfortunate boarding of Hemsky and subsequently had the Oilers, and primarily Souray in his face the rest of the night.

the defense got stronger as the game went on and were very solid in the 3rd... Greene bagged the winner... that was nice to see.

Quick was great when he needed to be.

although you might hear different, Teddy Purcell played very well tonight, and Brad Richardson was terrific.

Dustin Brown still looks like a Plymptoon out there.

Frolov made a helluva play on Gagne in the final seconds and was rewarded with an empty netter.

they STILL can't win a faceoff and their powerplay is equally dreadful.

Patrick O'Sullivan is still the same excitably entertaining but reckless cowboy and hasn't appeared to have learned a damn thing.

Edmonton's broadcast duo was like sitting in a room, smoking weed with Ahlers and Hayward.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:27 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post

Greene and Drewiske were outstanding in the 3rd period especially.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:30 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

The Oiler board's PGT is titled "How long is Hemsky out for?", this makes me lol.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Quattro

Nice effort and win for the boys.

Bummer for Loktionov.

Is it just me or are the broadcasts for canadian teams just awful? I have never heard such amatuerish homers. Considering hockey is next to religion up there, it amazes me how bad the broadcasts are, be it local or national.

Made me really appreciate how good we have it with Bob & Jim.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:32 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Im really glad we won tonight. moreso than any other win recently

Old
11-25-2009, 11:33 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
the defense got stronger as the game went on and were very solid in the 3rd... Greene bagged the winner... that was nice to see.
... Yeah, it really was. He deserved it.

Quote:
Quick was great when he needed to be.
... Quick was solid. No especially tough saves, but no soft goals allowed. The Kings played excellent defense out there.

Quote:
although you might hear different, Teddy Purcell played very well tonight, and Brad Richardson was terrific.
... Purcell was alright, he did some good work along the boards and had a couple takeaways. I don't agree that Richardson was all that good, he played fast and loose with the puck, but he had his legs out there for sure.

Quote:
Frolov made a helluva play on Gagne in the final seconds and was rewarded with an empty netter.
... Yeah. He also deserved a goal, and I was happy to see him get one.

Quote:
they STILL can't win a faceoff and their powerplay is equally dreadful.
... No argument about the power play, but the Kings have been solid on the draw for the last four games prior to this one, winning over 50% of them.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
ummm...you do realize they won, right?

Old
11-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
no. well, not really. looked enormously overwhelmed and ended up having to leave the game with what appears to be a dislocated/separated shoulder... he tried the ol' boomerang and learned the hard way that pushing off a 200+ pound NHLer is incredibly more difficult than either a junior player or 170 pound soaking wet AHLer.
Offensively, yeah, but I thought he did a pretty good job defensively with his positioning. There were a few plays where the Oilers tried to do cute little drop passes that he intercepted and skated out of the zone with the puck. Especially with Murray as the coach, that kind of thing is what is going to endear and earn him more time on the ice.

Quote:
Michal had an unfortunate boarding of Hemsky and subsequently had the Oilers, and primarily Souray in his face the rest of the night.
Honestly, I kind of wish the Kings themselves did more of what the Oilers did in terms of going after a guy that hits/injures your star player.

Quote:
Edmonton's broadcast duo was like sitting in a room, smoking weed with Ahlers and Hayward.
The "Quick" jokes really got old after the eighth or ninth time they tried slipping it in the broadcast.

Butchering Loktionov's name throughout the game was pretty bad. Making jokes about how you haven't a clue how to pronounce it just makes it worse.

No offense to those guys because I'm sure they're trying their best, but Bob Miller often talks about how he makes it a point to either talk to the player directly (i.e. Michalek of Phoenix) to get the right pronunciation or speak with the broadcasting guys of the other team so that he gets it right on the air.

That kind of extra effort really shows.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:44 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... Also, I want to point out that Jack Johnson had a very good game. Almost 27 minutes out there, led the Kings in ice time in one of their best defensive performances of the season, a couple shots on goal, a couple hits, a couple blocked shots, and an assist. Nice job, #3.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Terrible win, no passion, no intensity, no nothing besides Simmonds & OD. I know I'm the minority here but seriously, I'm tired of complaining about the physical presence of this team. . .

Whatever, happy thanksgiving everyone. Be safe.

Closed Thread