HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Send Pouliot to Hamilton for the rest of the season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2009, 07:23 AM
  #1
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Send Pouliot to Hamilton for the rest of the season

If you want Pouliot to make a direct impact on this team when he plays for them, send him to Hamilton for the rest of the season regardless of how many injuries we have and make him a project that Guy Boucher can work his magic on!

I say this because after looking at the way Kostitsyn, White, Pyatt, Carle and others played when they were called up shows that Boucher has a thing for developing young talent and uses discipline (see: Sergei Kostitsyn).

Send him down for the rest of the season, turn this guy into a skilled power forward that will do anything and everything to score goals, who knows? Maybe he will become our version of Simon Gagne or even Rick Nash ;-)

Discuss!

WestIslander is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:25 AM
  #2
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 25,498
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I think he'd have to pass through waivers.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:26 AM
  #3
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 8,788
vCash: 500
waivers.

GoodKiwi is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:26 AM
  #4
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I think he'd have to pass through waivers.
No he doesn't. He's only played 65 games.

schumway2 is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:28 AM
  #5
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
No he doesn't, he can be sent down and called up anytime!

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

WestIslander is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:29 AM
  #6
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 25,498
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
No he doesn't. He's only played 65 games.
But he's in his 5th year of pro hockey, at the age of 23.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:32 AM
  #7
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
But he's in his 5th year of pro hockey, at the age of 23.
Isn't it his 4th. Signed contract may 2006 at 19. So it's 4 years or 160 games.

schumway2 is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:32 AM
  #8
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
But he's in his 5th year of pro hockey, at the age of 23.
4th year pro.

Fozz is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:33 AM
  #9
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,019
vCash: 500
Yeahhh, no.

He's spent enough time in the minors. Start him on the bottom six and let him earn his top 6 place and minutes.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:34 AM
  #10
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 25,498
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
4th year pro.
Counting sucks.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:35 AM
  #11
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,672
vCash: 500
Pouliot is ready for the NHL, hes been in the AHL more than enough.

SOLR is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:36 AM
  #12
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,614
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Yeahhh, no.

He's spent enough time in the minors. Start him on the bottom six and let him earn his top 6 place and minutes.
Don't know about that. Did not really work for Gui and I am pretty sure it would not work for Pouliot. I am not against the idea of giving him some time in the minors wtih Boucher to learn dicipline etc.

beowulf is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:38 AM
  #13
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Don't know about that. Did not really work for Gui and I am pretty sure it would not work for Pouliot. I am not against the idea of giving him some time in the minors wtih Boucher to learn dicipline etc.
When did Fatendresse spend any time in the minors?

schumway2 is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:40 AM
  #14
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If you want Pouliot to make a direct impact on this team when he plays for them, send him to Hamilton for the rest of the season regardless of how many injuries we have and make him a project that Guy Boucher can work his magic on!

I say this because after looking at the way Kostitsyn, White, Pyatt, Carle and others played when they were called up shows that Boucher has a thing for developing young talent and uses discipline (see: Sergei Kostitsyn).

Send him down for the rest of the season, turn this guy into a skilled power forward that will do anything and everything to score goals, who knows? Maybe he will become our version of Simon Gagne or even Rick Nash ;-)

Discuss!
Words coming out of Minnesota are that Pouliot is more serious than ever and he was looking good before his injury. With that in mind, I prefer to see him in Montreal. Martin can work with him too you know. Andrei is turning things around lately and he had to learn to work harder under his new coach.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:43 AM
  #15
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Give him a season in Hamilton on the top six and teach him to:

1) Go to the net and use his size
2) Stand in front of the net and play like Ryan Smyth
3) Use his shot a la Pacioretty is doing

Wait... THIS ALL SOUNDS FAMILLIAR WITH A YOUNG FRENCH CANADIAN PLAYER - LOL

WestIslander is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:46 AM
  #16
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,421
vCash: 500
They should send him down for conditionning, but that's about it...

All-Star is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:57 AM
  #17
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
They should send him down for conditionning, but that's about it...
Guys, this guy needs a whole season playing on the top six as opposed to 6 minutes in Montreal with Laraque!

Trust me, he needs to become a power forward of the future for this team with Pacioretty, something that Latendresse failed to do.

WestIslander is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 07:59 AM
  #18
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Can we please wait to see him play before making this proposals? Ive watched the guy play this year and believe me, hes NHL material. Like many Wild fans have said, he looked like he was on the verge of breaking out this year and came out with a great attitude. In the games ive seen from him, he was litterally flying on the ice and creating plays with crafty stickhandling. The funny thing is that i kinda wished that we could get him for Lats, almost posting it here as a proposal and it happened.

The guy is mad talented, he entered the season with the right attitude and will get a chance to prove it here. Some people here are in for a big surprise once he finally plays.

jcpenny is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 08:00 AM
  #19
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Guys, this guy needs a whole season playing on the top six as opposed to 6 minutes in Montreal with Laraque!

Trust me, he needs to become a power forward of the future for this team with Pacioretty, something that Latendresse failed to do.
Anytime someone says "trust me", I make it a point to keep my hand on my wallet.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 08:00 AM
  #20
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If you want Pouliot to make a direct impact on this team when he plays for them, send him to Hamilton for the rest of the season regardless of how many injuries we have and make him a project that Guy Boucher can work his magic on!

I say this because after looking at the way Kostitsyn, White, Pyatt, Carle and others played when they were called up shows that Boucher has a thing for developing young talent and uses discipline (see: Sergei Kostitsyn).

Send him down for the rest of the season, turn this guy into a skilled power forward that will do anything and everything to score goals, who knows? Maybe he will become our version of Simon Gagne or even Rick Nash ;-)

Discuss!
I find your logic a bit odd. None of Kostitsyn, White, Pyatt or Carle have spent anything close to a full season in the AHL under Boucher. If they don't need to spend a full season in the AHL to reap Boucher's "magic", why does Pouliot?

Send him to Boucher for a conditioning stint and then make an assessment. Making decisions about his whole season without even seeing him spend one day in the organization seems a bit premature, to put it mildly.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 08:05 AM
  #21
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
The title threw me.

I thought he did something stupid and the Media was going to crucify him or something.

Ya send him to Hamilton for the rest of the season.....

Toro is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 08:07 AM
  #22
schumway2
Registered User
 
schumway2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Guys, this guy needs a whole season playing on the top six as opposed to 6 minutes in Montreal with Laraque!

Trust me, he needs to become a power forward of the future for this team with Pacioretty, something that Latendresse failed to do.
I don't think they plan on playing him on the 4th line. In fact the way Bob Gainey spoke of him the other day it sounded though as if they have aspirations he can make his way onto the top 2 lines.

schumway2 is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 08:11 AM
  #23
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,839
vCash: 500
Before anyone accuses me of sniffing glue, I think he should be put into the top 6 to start. Let him show what he can do offensively, before we put him into a checking role. If he doesn't show the drive and work ethic, he then gets demoted to the 4th line and if still nothing, a trip to Hamilton. Putting him directly into a checking role may have him thinking that some things never change. Give him the ball, let him run with it.

__________________

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 08:15 AM
  #24
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Before anyone accuses me of sniffing glue, I think he should be put into the top 6 to start. Let him show what he can do offensively, before we put him into a checking role. If he doesn't show the drive and work ethic, he then gets demoted to the 4th line and if still nothing, a trip to Hamilton. Putting him directly into a checking role may have him thinking that some things never change. Give him the ball, let him run with it.
I believe he was acquired for the top 6 at least to start there. I'm sure he will get his chance on the top 3 lines right away. His work will dictate what he gets after that.

Toro is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 08:16 AM
  #25
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
I don't think they plan on playing him on the 4th line. In fact the way Bob Gainey spoke of him the other day it sounded though as if they have aspirations he can make his way onto the top 2 lines.
Exactly, we have a glaring lack of talent in our top 6. If Pouliot delivers, the spot is his.

And even with all these injuries, the 'talent' on our bottom 3 lines is pretty well distributed. Even if he does play on the 4th line, he'll be playing with some decent linemates (not great by any means, but better than Boogard)

fufonzo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.