Old
09-19-2003, 01:25 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorntoNeely198
Question...

I know it's not done as a matter of course, but is it possible to call up and demote a young player to/from his Junior hockey club to Boston as you would with a player in Providence?
Nope you cant. Once you send him back to Junior he cant be recalled until his Junior team is eliminated from playoffs.

Old
09-19-2003, 02:48 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay
This staff does certainly deserve credit in this area.

Remember the days of waiting, and hoping for Cameron Mann to finally break out? He was our only new hope - it seemed like.

Things have changed in the last 5 years, and O'Connell should get credit for this.

Now there's a whole plethora of talent to watch, and we don't have to get excited over a prospect like Anders Myrvold.

Robbed by Lacroix; but I think lessons have been learned.
excellent post- I wish I was thinking this way at 5:30 this morning- Cameron Mann (symbolic in he was our hope- erie but Andy Hilbert reminds me of him), Anders Myrvold represents the Old MOC, who was arrogant, abrasive, someone who hadn't yet assembled his scouting and development organization and just as importantly realized the value of picks. Heck, he wheeled around drfat day like it was the NFL; and back 5 yrs ago some front office people may have had concerns about in his role....he has become 'unplugged'- an excellent, honest and positive voice (hey, I disliked him until the last two or three years when I have been told of his honest effort to open the windows and get some fresh air into the Broons- and he started with himself which most people- few people ever realize; often times its the skunk who can't figure out what the problem is but MOC has gone out of his way to assemble a top notch scouting, strength program and front office. This isn't BS its the word over there. The couple of players I know pretty well like Mike. He's a good guy from what I hear; hey, he works with Gorton- he's considered a heck of a guy; Whitesides- ditto (one player told me best strength guy ever been around- great guy); Coady- South shore guy- tough kid; hot *****- great track record and respected and liked; Bradley don't know him, but seen around Fleece and at Lowell- laid back, always a content happy look, heard he's a gem; so MOC has surrounded himself with people who are young, aggressive, smart and personable.

The proof will eventually be in the pudding- err, on the ice, but as Duguay says so well- we are no longer a fan base looking at a couple of prospects but one with atleast a dozen players on the horizon who have a chance- thats the key; they have a chance to actually make it. No disrespect to the Dimao's, Knubles, Taylors, Khristichs, Zamuners, Groseks, Lapointes (especially) et al that have filled the second and third lines over the past half dozen years- but the Broons 'realistically' can expect some of these forwards to make it.

I get sucked in as a season tix holder for the exhibition games but to be honest- if I get to see Bergeron, Zinovjev, Hilbert, Samuelsson, Venarsky, Jillson, Morrisonn, Toivonen, Jurcina, and Huml its not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Old
09-19-2003, 08:47 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingcrwns
Then we have some more options down the middle. Zinovjev or Rolston could move to the wing if both play their way onto the team. I don't know what I'd do for a lineup, I like the idea of Samsanov and Zinovjev on the same line, We could put Rollie on the front line with Joe and Muzz. Knuble at RW with Sammy and Zino/a. and Burgeron centering Lapointe and Axelsson. With Zam Stock and McCarthy rounding out the Forwards (Zam for PK situations and McCarthy and Stock doing what they do.)
Heady stuff, huh? How long has it been since the Bs had three top notch centers? The Espo-Stanfield-Sanderson era?

Both Bergeron and Zino play responsible defense. Both are skilled passers. Zino is often matched against the opposition's top line and in tournaments was Russia's best face-off man.

Old
09-20-2003, 01:27 AM
HockeyGoddess

Actually, I think you *can* recall someone from juniors if you've exhausted all your other avenues... the Calgary Flames did it a few years back after 5 of their goalies in their NHL/AHL system were injured all at the same time... they recalled some young kid from juniors (Garner?) and he was used and abused by the Bruins, from what I recall. Don't know if the kid ended up staying in Calgary for the remainder of the season, but I remember him playing against the Bruins for at least part of a game (I think the 5th goalie (Trefilov, I think it was) got hurt in the game against the B's).

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
09-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Ratty

Bergeron-Cleary

While others have, rightfully so, cautioned about unbridled optimism over this kid and plugging him into the #2 centre spot, I can't help but feel the Mikes are giving him every opportunity to do the near impossible.

I saw the kid on the second or third day of rookie camp. And I was impressed, not only by his three goals in an intrasquad scrimmage, but by the was he makes good passes and decisions.

Okie has said that he is not adverse to playing him more in training and not sending him back to Juniors right away.

Sure, most will say that, for his development, he'd be better off with another year at Bathe-Acadie. But, once in a while a second rounder comes out of nowhere, gains experience, maturity, and his talent shows through.

With Zinovjev winging his way across the Pacific, Hilbert yet able to compete for the job, and Rolson being a converted left winger playing third line centre, there just might be a surprise in the making here.

Old
09-20-2003, 10:25 AM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Ok there may be a loophole for Goalies. Because back in 98/99 LA got a rash of goalie injuries and they called up an 18 year old Alexei Volkov from Halifax. He only dressed 1 game but then returned.

I honestly dont think skaters can be called and sent back down.

Old
09-21-2003, 07:40 AM
sarge88

I was under the impression that any junior player could be called up to the NHL on a 10 game tryout, once per season. Didn't they do this with Girard a few years ago?

Old
09-21-2003, 07:51 AM
neelynugs

i was under the impression that a junior player couldn't be recalled midseason unless under dire emergency (like calgary and LA had those times, and i think olivier michaud dressed for montreal a year or two ago).

anyway, if the b's want bergeron in the lineup, they still need to get him under contract.

Old
09-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Cabin Mirror

I believe they also did it with Glen Murray in the early '90s.

Old
09-22-2003, 05:29 AM
brianscot

Hmm, i was wonder the impression that the league phased out that 10 game try out clause to protect the junior teams seasons.

Is there such a thing as NHLtryoutclause.com ?

Closed Thread