HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Send Pouliot to Hamilton for the rest of the season

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Bryzga lol*

vCash: 500
Why does he have to go down to the AHL to work with Boucher when he could stay in the NHL and work with Martin? Why would they send him to work with a coach he doesn't know when he can work with one who knows him, and probably had a say when Bob was thinking about aquiring him.

Old
11-26-2009, 09:38 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzga lol View Post
Why does he have to go down to the AHL to work with Boucher when he could stay in the NHL and work with Martin? Why would they send him to work with a coach he doesn't know when he can work with one who knows him, and probably had a say when Bob was thinking about aquiring him.
How does he Martin?

When have they worked together?

He will probably have a conditioning stint in Hamilton I'm thinking.

Old
11-26-2009, 09:44 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
How does he Martin?

How long has he been off the ice injured? As it been that long that he'll need to go for a conditioning stint?

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
Old
11-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I don't think he needs to go down,I know Boucher is a great coach and all but it's not like if Pouliot never played in the AHL.He spent 3 years back and forth there and played lots of games.

Old
11-26-2009, 09:46 AM
otto bond

Quote:
How does he Martin?

I disagree.....no point for this. I say show some confidence towards him and then see. If this trades works for us I say that he plays with Gomez and Gionta.

Old
11-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Next Best Thing*

I don't think that's why they traded for him, and at this point in time, JM is still a better coach than GB.

Old
11-26-2009, 10:05 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
How does he Martin?

He has gone to his hockey school for years, I believe.

As for a conditioning stint, he is only day-to-day and has played with the Wild this year. And his injury is for his wrist, so it's not like he can't work out and stay in shape while he's injured.
I don't see how a conditioning stint would be necessary.

Old
11-26-2009, 10:08 AM
TankEller*

Proposal: Never make a proposal involving Pouliot ever again.

Old
11-26-2009, 10:15 AM
centrehice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Yeahhh, no.

He's spent enough time in the minors. Start him on the bottom six and let him earn his top 6 place and minutes.
I think that's what the Habs did wrong with Grabovsky. When you have such a talented offensive prospect, you need to at least give him a chance with the most skilled guys to see what he can do.

Putting those kinds of players in a grinding, defensive, or checking role, sets them up to fail and lose confidence.

With so many top 6 guys on the shelf now it would be dumb not to try it when he's back. After a few are back, then you decide whether he keeps his spot, moves down a line, or goes to Hamilton.

Old
11-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

So, MaxPac, Pyatt, White, Desharnais, S.Kost, D'Ago, Chipper are all with the Habs.
None of them except maybe S.Kost compare to Pouliot skills.
None are really turning it up with us either.

Pouliot has no reason to go in AHL. You can put him there for a conditioning stint if you want, but there's no way we went after him with all our injuries to sen him down.

We haven't seen him play one game yet, so I think it's way premature to say he should be sent down.
Let's start seeing how he performs first.

Old
11-26-2009, 10:23 AM
airlouche

He have to play in the NHL.

Old
11-26-2009, 10:27 AM
bleuetbio

With all our injuries, its probably the best moment to put Pouliott in the TOP 6, maybe TOP 3.

from usatoday: Benoit Pouliot will need another one to two weeks to recovery from a wrist injury. Pouliot has already missed three straight games due to the injury. The Canadiens acquired Pouliot on Monday from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Guillaume Latendresse. Pouliot was selected fourth overall in the 2005 NHL entry draft, but he could never live up to expectations in Minnesota. Montreal is hoping that the change in scenery will help him. 11/15/2009

im confused!!! Is it 2 weeks from monday or 2 weeks from 15/11???

Anyway... Pouliott all the way on the TOP6 for 10 straight games or more. Just give him the chance that a young 4th overall pick realy diserve. Its our only way to find a real supastar without taking stupid contracts from NY

Old
11-26-2009, 10:29 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Guys, this guy needs a whole season playing on the top six as opposed to 6 minutes in Montreal with Laraque!

Trust me, he needs to become a power forward of the future for this team with Pacioretty, something that Latendresse failed to do.
Don't hold your breath. Pouliot has failed even more so than Latendresse, and Lats is younger.

Old
11-26-2009, 10:31 AM
The Rocket

If I'm Benoit Pouliot, I want to play more than 12 minutes. I want to play 17 minutes; I want to play 19 minutes. I want to get on the ice and I want to perform," said Gainey. "But there's a price that goes with that and we have to describe to him what the price is. If he pays it, he'll find his minutes."

translation....got to the net...you`ll play

Old
11-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
With all our injuries, its probably the best moment to put Pouliott in the TOP 6, maybe TOP 3.

from usatoday: Benoit Pouliot will need another one to two weeks to recovery from a wrist injury. Pouliot has already missed three straight games due to the injury. The Canadiens acquired Pouliot on Monday from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Guillaume Latendresse. Pouliot was selected fourth overall in the 2005 NHL entry draft, but he could never live up to expectations in Minnesota. Montreal is hoping that the change in scenery will help him. 11/15/2009

im confused!!! Is it 2 weeks from monday or 2 weeks from 15/11???

Anyway... Pouliott all the way on the TOP6 for 10 straight games or more.
Not sure but got this from Yahoo Sports

#

New player notes Thu, Nov 26

C Benoit Pouliot, who was acquired from Minnesota in a trade on Nov. 23, has a wrist injury. He's listed as day-to-day and the Canadiens are optimistic he will play Nov. 28 against Washington.
(Yahoo! Sports)

His last game was Friday November 13th,2 weeks is tomorrow so maybe he could possibly be ready for Saturday

Old
11-26-2009, 10:45 AM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Not sure but got this from Yahoo Sports

#

New player notes Thu, Nov 26

C Benoit Pouliot, who was acquired from Minnesota in a trade on Nov. 23, has a wrist injury. He's listed as day-to-day and the Canadiens are optimistic he will play Nov. 28 against Washington.
(Yahoo! Sports)

His last game was Friday November 13th,2 weeks is tomorrow so maybe he could possibly be ready for Saturday

Pouliot can takes a place on our 2nd line easily

Old
11-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Guys, this guy needs a whole season playing on the top six as opposed to 6 minutes in Montreal with Laraque!

Trust me, he needs to become a power forward of the future for this team with Pacioretty, something that Latendresse failed to do.
With all our injuries I'm pretty sure he will not be playing on the 4th line with Laraque. We don't even have a 2nd line atm...

Old
11-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Don't hold your breath. Pouliot has failed even more so than Latendresse, and Lats is younger.
Lats is a whopping 8 months younger

Old
11-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Thorn

Quote:
How does he [know] Martin?

I seem to recall someone mentioning he went to Martin's hockey school or whatever you want to call it.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:16 AM
RC51

Everybody stop please. I have seen no report that says Pouliot is out of shape and needs two weeks in Hamilton so lets just NOT assume he is fat, slow, chicken and lazy. If you want him two weeks in Hamilton just in case then you should want all injured hab to do exactly that. SO when Gionta,Markov Gill and the whole whack of other guys are due to return lets send them all down for 2 weeks JUST IN CASE. Pouliot gets a game, Martin will assess him and that's that.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Harry Wong

With all of our injuries we have a great opportunity to give him some ice time, maybe some PP and see what we've got. I don't think I've ever seen him play.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:38 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
If I'm Benoit Pouliot, I want to play more than 12 minutes. I want to play 17 minutes; I want to play 19 minutes. I want to get on the ice and I want to perform," said Gainey. "But there's a price that goes with that and we have to describe to him what the price is. If he pays it, he'll find his minutes."

translation....got to the net...you`ll play
I love Gainey quotes. Could listen to the man talk hockey all day!

Heed the word of Bob, all ye of little faith, who else could work the miracle of getting a Top 6 forward with size and speed and mad skills with the right heritage who fits under the cap and could be acquired for a slow, lazy, puffed up ego marshmallow man who was poison in the dressing room?

InBobwetrust

Old
11-26-2009, 11:43 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
I think that's what the Habs did wrong with Grabovsky. When you have such a talented offensive prospect, you need to at least give him a chance with the most skilled guys to see what he can do.

Putting those kinds of players in a grinding, defensive, or checking role, sets them up to fail and lose confidence.

With so many top 6 guys on the shelf now it would be dumb not to try it when he's back. After a few are back, then you decide whether he keeps his spot, moves down a line, or goes to Hamilton.
It seems to have worked fine for players like Datsyuk. Pouliots main issue by all accounts is work ethic and intensity. Playing him on a loewer line with guys like Moen, Pyatt, White, Lapierre could really get his juices going.

Besides, as good a coach as Boucher is, I'm sure having someone like Martin who developed players like Hossa, Spezza, Havlat, Fisher etc. won't hurt Pouliot either. Add to that Pouliot is ellated to be here and wants to prove himself, sending him to the minors might send the wrong message and take away some of that competitive fire off the bat. I say keep him up at first, see how he does and if need be, send him down for further development.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
coolasprICE

If Boucher is so good why isn't he behind the Canadiens bench?

The answer is because JM is so good too.

Why was JM hired over Boucher?

Because BG would of gotten executed had he gone with another coach with no experience.

Fortunately, JM is a great coach despite that many ppl will say he's unaccomplished .

Look at how JM has helped Price... I can go on about why he's great, but the point is he won't get fired any time soon.

So Boucher focuses on AHL'ers and Martin focuses on NHL'ers... either one is just as competent in helping their players...

Old
11-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
If Boucher is so good why isn't he behind the Canadiens bench?

The answer is because JM is so good too.

Why was JM hired over Boucher?

Because BG would of gotten executed had he gone with another coach with no experience.

Fortunately, JM is a great coach despite that many ppl will say he's unaccomplished .

Look at how JM has helped Price... I can go on about why he's great, but the point is he won't get fired any time soon.

So Boucher focuses on AHL'ers and Martin focuses on NHL'ers... either one is just as competent in helping their players...
Yes,even at that lets say Muller is to leave the Habs I really wouldn't mind seeing Boucher start as an assistant to Martin say for a year before he gets the head coaching job,Would be a great way to get some experience

Closed Thread