HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Send Pouliot to Hamilton for the rest of the season

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Basszor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
When did Fatendresse spend any time in the minors?
He probably meant staying in the NHL

Old
11-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Don't you think that would risk demoralizing the kid?

He, a French-Canadian, arrives to Montreal, the mecca of hockey, really pumped and enthusiastic and you send him to Hamilton right away for the rest of the season without giving him the slightest chance to show what he's got?! That can't be serious.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:20 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
I agree with dysonlu. His main problem is lack of motivation, just moving to Montreal might fix it.

A lot of Minnesota fans (thats an oxymoron I know ) also claim he improved his work ethics a lot this year. He floats less, hits more and all, so theres a positive trend already going on.

All I hope is we don't expect him to play like Latendresse was supposed to. Pouliot is a skill player, not the mythical power forward we've been waiting for.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:22 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If you want Pouliot to make a direct impact on this team when he plays for them, send him to Hamilton for the rest of the season regardless of how many injuries we have and make him a project that Guy Boucher can work his magic on!

I say this because after looking at the way Kostitsyn, White, Pyatt, Carle and others played when they were called up shows that Boucher has a thing for developing young talent and uses discipline (see: Sergei Kostitsyn).

Send him down for the rest of the season, turn this guy into a skilled power forward that will do anything and everything to score goals, who knows? Maybe he will become our version of Simon Gagne or even Rick Nash ;-)

Discuss!
Benny Pouliot is not a power forward...his style of play is very similar to Vinny Lecavalier.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:25 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Benny Pouliot is not a power forward...his style of play is very similar to Vinny Lecavalier.
He's still going to be asked to park his ass in front of the net.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:26 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hes been compared to him since his draft year. All we can hope for is that JM can get his head on straight like Tortorella did with Vinny.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:29 AM
OneSharpMarble

Give him top 6 minutes with our best offensive players. After playing with a plug like Boogard he might just explode with Cammaleri.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:35 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Lats is a whopping 8 months younger
I know. People threw in the towel on him. And now they think a guy that is older and less proven nhl'er is more poise to become what we always wanted Lats to become. I just don't get the logic behind that..

Old
11-26-2009, 11:42 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Boucher is the man.

Old
11-26-2009, 11:46 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

This thread is wrong, he is born in 1986, signed his first contract for the 2006-07 season, he is considered to be signed at 20, he can't be send down without waivers...

Habs Prospects website
Old
11-26-2009, 11:47 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

When is Pouliot due back?

Old
11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeingKostitsyn View Post
When is Pouliot due back?
Yahoo sports saying he is probable for Saturdays game

Old
11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I know. People threw in the towel on him. And now they think a guy that is older and less proven nhl'er is more poise to become what we always wanted Lats to become. I just don't get the logic behind that..
Obvious troll is obvious

Old
11-26-2009, 12:07 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Why the flip would the Habs send Pouliot to Hamilton, my goodness !

Old
11-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Maybe because Lats never really showed much sign of becomung what we wanted him to be. Let's face it, he was palying good with Koivu and Kovy, but he was carried. Pouliot might be 8 months older, but that's not a major difference. And Pouliot was put into a system he had a hard time adapting, which is probably why he didn't perform so well.
People are getting hope with Pouliot. He may be a bust or he may show up. That's up to him. But thing is, Pouliot was said to have huge amounts of potential, and this by mane scouts.

Old
11-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
This thread is wrong, he is born in 1986, signed his first contract for the 2006-07 season, he is considered to be signed at 20, he can't be send down without waivers...
That settles the issue. Thanks for reminding us those details thief.

JM will need to use other sticks and carrots...

Old
11-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Pax Macioretty

By the way Martin was talking about him, it looks like HE's the one who wants to make him his project. Pouliot's not going anywhere.

Old
11-26-2009, 12:24 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
By the way Martin was talking about him, it looks like HE's the one who wants to make him his project. Pouliot's not going anywhere.
Thats a good thing imho. People criticised Martin's handling of our young players but just look at AK and Pacioretty. They both started slow but in the last 5 or 6 games they are PPG players and visibly better.

Old
11-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
They should send him down for conditionning, but that's about it...
Yup, at most. The Habs simply need as many NHL-calibre warm bodies as they can get nowadays. As for where he fits in the line up, start him slow and low for a period or two, and go from there.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 11-26-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old
11-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Can we please wait to see him play before making this proposals? Ive watched the guy play this year and believe me, hes NHL material. Like many Wild fans have said, he looked like he was on the verge of breaking out this year and came out with a great attitude. In the games ive seen from him, he was litterally flying on the ice and creating plays with crafty stickhandling. The funny thing is that i kinda wished that we could get him for Lats, almost posting it here as a proposal and it happened.

The guy is mad talented, he entered the season with the right attitude and will get a chance to prove it here. Some people here are in for a big surprise once he finally plays.
Yeah, I'd have to agree with this... well in any case I hope it is true, I haven't seen him play this season but he's said in all the interviews i've heard that his problem was not working hard enough, and now he's working hard.

Let's see if his actions will follow his words. I am excited though, if this kid decides to show up we may finally have our big Center. With Plekanec going as well as he is our future would look less dim that's for sure.

I expect Pleks to sign a long term 4.5 Million deal. I don't hate Gomez but ultimately we will have to shed his contract... I hope he can come back healthy and with a vengeance.

Anyways I'm getting sidetracked, I'm excited about seeing what Pouliot will do. Here's to hoping!

Old
11-26-2009, 12:57 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
When did Fatendresse spend any time in the minors?
He didn't, I was commenting on how his playing in the bottom six up to the top six did not work out.

Old
11-26-2009, 01:11 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
Don't you think that would risk demoralizing the kid?

He, a French-Canadian, arrives to Montreal, the mecca of hockey, really pumped and enthusiastic and you send him to Hamilton right away for the rest of the season without giving him the slightest chance to show what he's got?! That can't be serious.
this

Old
11-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Talent Analyst

I see a good project in Pouliot. I think JM will made the same thing he does to Kostitsyn and Pacioretty. It gaves good results and if Pouliot work hard, we'll see good results.

Old
11-26-2009, 02:48 PM
m00ks

He paid his due. I'm down for a conditioning stint but he is done in the AHL.

Old
11-26-2009, 02:50 PM
canadian_man_44

I'm amazed at how many people are bashing the front office(ie. Gainey) and other members of this board for seeing some hope with Pouliot. He may be older then Lats and may not have proven himself in the NHL yet, but, that doesn't mean that he isn't going to be good for the team. This guy could explode with the right handling in Montreal. He may not have been with the right people before to play up to his potential. We've seen that kind of thing before. Look at Samsonov. The guy sucked with the Habs, but, send him somewhere else, under a different coach and system and he's playing great.
Bottom line: This may be the change Pouliot needs to blossom into the guy he was supposed to be when he was drafted. Hopefully it is and this is our teams diamond in the rough.

Closed Thread