HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Latendresse traded to Wild for Benoit Pouliot, Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2009, 03:43 PM
  #26
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
LOL @ this thread making it to a part two. I can't imagine what's gonna happen when an important player on this team gets traded.
Probably less, unless Carey Price gets traded.

Lats had more written about him than any other Hab not named Carey Price, or at least so it seemed.

MathMan is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 03:45 PM
  #27
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Every french media in Montreal except Demers and Bergeron was saying he was just a bitter fool at the time, but now would they admit he was right?
Journal de Quebec.

They'd never miss a chance to tweak Montreal's nose, and Patty, being the Remparts' grand poobah, is one of the Quebec City crowd now.

MathMan is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 03:49 PM
  #28
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
I am not surprised coming from Jean Charles... he also said that Louis Leblanc is French BUT... he comes from the West Island, how much of a French Canadian can he be?


There's degrees of being a Québécois.
-Ethnic Québécois that was born and raised in a majority French-speaking area of Quebec that played in QMJHL are the perfect Québécois.

-Non-Ethnic Québécois
-Ethnic but raised in a bilingual neighborhood
-Ethnic Québécois that played his hockey elsewhere
-French Canadian of another province.
-French speakers from Switzerland and France
-etc...
are all imperfect versions to various degrees of the Real Québécois.

The only reason the imperfect Québécois are assimilated to the perfect Québécois is to bash the Habs to have drafted someone that doesn't even qualify as an imperfect Québécois (Eastern European, Minnesota kid, etc...). See for example Claude Giroux. Get with the times, bud...


Last edited by Erik Estrada: 11-26-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:03 PM
  #29
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
There's degrees of being a Québécois.
-Ethnic Québécois that was born and raised in a majority French-speaking area of Quebec that played in QMJHL are the perfect Québécois.

-Non-Ethnic Québécois
-Ethnic but raised in a bilingual neighborhood
-Ethnic Québécois that played his hockey elsewhere
-French Canadian of another province.
-French speakers from Switzerland and France
-etc...
are all imperfect versions to various degrees of the Real Québécois.

The only reason the imperfect Québécois are assimilated to the perfect Québécois is to bash the Habs to have drafted someone that doesn't even qualify as an imperfect Québécois (Eastern European, Minnesota kid, etc...). See for example Claude Giroux. Get with the times, bud...
Another thread turning into ethnic/linguistic/racial bashing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

typical Habs board on HF boards

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:09 PM
  #30
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Another thread turning into ethnic/linguistic/racial bashing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

typical Habs board on HF boards
Wow, oversensitive much?

Coldplay is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:10 PM
  #31
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Another thread turning into ethnic/linguistic/racial bashing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

typical Habs board on HF boards
I can't have a commentary on something a regular fixture of the Habs comments industry (on CKAC, and l'attaque a 5) said?

I'm also very amused at how you cleverly transformed the bigoted commentator as the victim.

Erik Estrada is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:15 PM
  #32
David
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
There's degrees of being a Québécois.
-Ethnic Québécois that was born and raised in a majority French-speaking area of Quebec that played in QMJHL are the perfect Québécois.
Sounds just like a description of the racist hicks I met in Sherbrooke.

David is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:21 PM
  #33
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
There is a good article here by Sébastien Goulet, on Corussports. They said Latendresse is the same player we drafted in 2005. He hasn't progressed since. André Ruel made that comment.

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/no...l-1852931.html

I agree with this one.
interesting indeed

you can listen to the full interview there

http://www.corussports.com/audioplayer.php?mp3=35271

Ruel speaking on various development issues including not getting the chance to play on the right wing and so on

Mathletic is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:29 PM
  #34
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Sounds just like a description of the racist hicks I met in Sherbrooke.
Or Rosemont.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:50 PM
  #35
DumFries
Registered User
 
DumFries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Shawinigan
Country: Canada
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
There's degrees of being a Québécois.
-Ethnic Québécois that was born and raised in a majority French-speaking area of Quebec that played in QMJHL are the perfect Québécois.

-Non-Ethnic Québécois
-Ethnic but raised in a bilingual neighborhood
-Ethnic Québécois that played his hockey elsewhere
-French Canadian of another province.
-French speakers from Switzerland and France
-etc...
are all imperfect versions to various degrees of the Real Québécois.

The only reason the imperfect Québécois are assimilated to the perfect Québécois is to bash the Habs to have drafted someone that doesn't even qualify as an imperfect Québécois (Eastern European, Minnesota kid, etc...). See for example Claude Giroux. Get with the times, bud...
Ohh boy!!! To me if you speak French in Canada you are French period. The Acadiens are just as French as the Quebecois. Franco-Ontarians that live just outside the Quebec borders speak the same if not as the French people in Quebec. The French people in Canada would actually have had more power if they stopped dividing themselves into nations that all speak French. The Quebecois are a nation, ok. The Acadiens are what??? Anglos??? This is a prime example of how the nationalistic Quebecois not only hate English but also their fellow French cousins that live outside Quebec. It's time this stuff ceases.

DumFries is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:55 PM
  #36
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHab View Post
Ohh boy!!! To me if you speak French in Canada you are French period. The Acadiens are just as French as the Quebecois. Franco-Ontarians that live just outside the Quebec borders speak the same if not as the French people in Quebec. The French people in Canada would actually have had more power if they stopped dividing themselves into nations that all speak French. The Quebecois are a nation, ok. The Acadiens are what??? Anglos??? This is a prime example of how the nationalistic Quebecois not only hate English but also their fellow French cousins that live outside Quebec. It's time this stuff ceases.
fail. the term acadiens explains itself ...

and re-fail at trying and link nationalism in quebec with hate towards... anything.

and re-re fail for talking politics in a guillaume latendresse thread.

and that was only the last sentence.


Last edited by THE HOFF: 11-26-2009 at 05:00 PM.
THE HOFF is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 04:56 PM
  #37
DumFries
Registered User
 
DumFries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Shawinigan
Country: Canada
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
fail. the term acadiens explains itself ...

and re-fail at trying and link nationalism in quebec with hate towards... anything.

and re-re fail for talking politics in a guillaume latendresse thread.
Fail for being a nationalist.

DumFries is offline  
Old
11-26-2009, 05:02 PM
  #38
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,691
vCash: 500
I'd swear that the Habs mods have been down this road with you all before. Sociopolitical debate belongs in teh political forum, not on the hockey boards. With only 2 finished pages, if people want to continue discussing the trade it's just as easy to start a new thread as it is for a mod to cull all the off-topic discussion.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.