HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Send Pouliot to Hamilton for the rest of the season

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Natural Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
I love Gainey quotes. Could listen to the man talk hockey all day!
A couple weeks ago I heard Brian Burke talking about Gainey at the GM meetings on the Fan590.

Basically he said that when Gainey talks all the other GMs pretty much just listen and nod and that he's the GM that commands the most respect out of the group.

Old
11-26-2009, 03:22 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
I see a good project in Pouliot. I think JM will made the same thing he does to Kostitsyn and Pacioretty. It gaves good results and if Pouliot work hard, we'll see good results.
If Benny goes down the same development path that's three big guys on the wing who can skate and shoot and pass the puck well. When it seemed like we didn't have any guys in that category a week or so ago! Four if you count White.

AKost-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Patches-Metro-SKost
Pyatt-Lapierre-White

Last edited by TinordiandSubban: 11-26-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old
11-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I disagree.....no point for this. I say show some confidence towards him and then see. If this trades works for us I say that he plays with Gomez and Gionta.
I agree

These lines look good to me if Pouliot shows he is ready for a top 2 lines spot.

Pouliot Gomez Gionta
Cammy Pleks A. Kosti
Pac Metro S. Kosti
Moen Lappy Pyatt/White

3 lines that can do some scoring and one good shutdown line.

Old
11-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

http://mobilesports.startribune.com/...695?paging=off

"...forward Benoit Pouliot , who requires waivers to be sent to Houston."

See post 60 in this thread for an explanation (http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...6&postcount=60)

He can only go down on a conditioning stint. Otherwise, Hamilton is out of the question.

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 11-26-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old
11-26-2009, 03:27 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He's still going to be asked to park his ass in front of the net.
Don't think so.

What a stupid waste of talent that will be if that will be his primary role...

Jacques knows his hockey. Pouliot's strengths will be utilized.

Old
11-26-2009, 03:36 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I know. People threw in the towel on him. And now they think a guy that is older and less proven nhl'er is more poise to become what we always wanted Lats to become. I just don't get the logic behind that..
CH would not want want this. The two are very different type of players.

Old
11-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If you want Pouliot to make a direct impact on this team when he plays for them, send him to Hamilton for the rest of the season regardless of how many injuries we have and make him a project that Guy Boucher can work his magic on!

I say this because after looking at the way Kostitsyn, White, Pyatt, Carle and others played when they were called up shows that Boucher has a thing for developing young talent and uses discipline (see: Sergei Kostitsyn).

Send him down for the rest of the season, turn this guy into a skilled power forward that will do anything and everything to score goals, who knows? Maybe he will become our version of Simon Gagne or even Rick Nash ;-)

Discuss!
I like the idea of sending him to the minors, but there is no need to make this be 60 games. The names brought on your list have all played under 20 games with Boucher.

Old
11-26-2009, 04:09 PM
kovalost27

Dude he didn't even play a bloody game and you're proposing that he goes back to the AHL.

LOL

Give Pouliot at least 2-3 games before sending him down. I think Montreal traded Latendresse for Pouliot was to see if they could get a top six winger for cheap. Its an experiment. At worst Montreal loses Latendresse (who is a big loser) and puts Pouliot back to the AHL to work on his game.

Idea of Pouliot > Idea of Latendresse.

Latendresse had 3 points in 26 games, that is not power forward performance. At least with Pouliot, we 'may' have a top six possibility.

Old
11-26-2009, 04:59 PM
DumFries

Give him a few games. I doubt he will be any better than Latendresse but if he is, Bob made a great deal. If he doesn't perform than they can ship him at the end of the season since he is an RFA and I doubt he will ever be the player they expect him to be.

Old
11-26-2009, 05:18 PM
guest1467

Why wouldn't they give him a few games to assess his skill level and see if he can win a spot?

Maybe if just me, but it seems like the most simple and best approach.

Old
11-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHab View Post
Give him a few games. I doubt he will be any better than Latendresse but if he is, Bob made a great deal. If he doesn't perform than they can ship him at the end of the season since he is an RFA and I doubt he will ever be the player they expect him to be.
That's a lot of doubt. I wonder if he'll be better. It would be wonderful if the Habs have added a big body with actual speed. I wonder who will have the most patience with him, management or the media. Oh, and I doubt anyone will miss Latendresse.

Old
11-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
http://mobilesports.startribune.com/...695?paging=off

"...forward Benoit Pouliot , who requires waivers to be sent to Houston."

See post 60 in this thread for an explanation.

He can only go down on a conditioning stint. Otherwise, Hamilton is out of the question.
When I first heard of the trade, I thought about him going down to Ham, but then checked his age and number of games and knew he was probably eligible for waivers. Thing is though, we SHOULD send him for a conditioning stint, as even two weeks with Boucher could do Benny some good, even though to his own admission he has already changed his ways.

Old
11-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Chomsky

You obviously haven't watched him play if you believe he doesn't go to the net...

Old
11-26-2009, 07:24 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Guys, this guy needs a whole season playing on the top six as opposed to 6 minutes in Montreal with Laraque!

Trust me, he needs to become a power forward of the future for this team with Pacioretty, something that Latendresse failed to do.
How many games have you watched Pouliot play at the NHL level?

Old
11-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Can we please wait to see him play before making this proposals? Ive watched the guy play this year and believe me, hes NHL material. Like many Wild fans have said, he looked like he was on the verge of breaking out this year and came out with a great attitude. In the games ive seen from him, he was litterally flying on the ice and creating plays with crafty stickhandling. The funny thing is that i kinda wished that we could get him for Lats, almost posting it here as a proposal and it happened.

The guy is mad talented, he entered the season with the right attitude and will get a chance to prove it here. Some people here are in for a big surprise once he finally plays.
You want the Habs to do what they never even entertain doing with Lats?

Old
11-26-2009, 07:45 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
You want the Habs to do what they never even entertain doing with Lats?

Games in the AHL:

Benoit Pouliot: 143
Guillaume Latendresse: 0

Old
11-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
A couple weeks ago I heard Brian Burke talking about Gainey at the GM meetings on the Fan590.

Basically he said that when Gainey talks all the other GMs pretty much just listen and nod and that he's the GM that commands the most respect out of the group.
If only our Fans could acknowledge that respect too instead of saying ''His 5year plan failed man!!!...Fire his ass!!!!!.........oh..and Fire Timmins too!!!.. he hates Quebs and couldn't draft us a superstar yet''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
When I first heard of the trade, I thought about him going down to Ham, but then checked his age and number of games and knew he was probably eligible for waivers. Thing is though, we SHOULD send him for a conditioning stint, as even two weeks with Boucher could do Benny some good, even though to his own admission he has already changed his ways.
I think it's tough to really know anything. Haven't seen him play one game this year, so don't know what to expect so I'll trust their judgment.

Can't go wrong with a conditioning stint though, that is if he needs it.

Last edited by montreal: 11-26-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old
11-26-2009, 09:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Closed, this is pointless, the Habs wouldn't trade for him and then go and expose him to waivers days later before he even plays a game.

Closed Thread