HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers Interested in Bobby Ryan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2009, 09:36 PM
  #1
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Flyers Interested in Bobby Ryan

According to Eklund (so basically no one), the Flyers may be interested in Bobby Ryan.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...y-Ryan/1/24544

A) That would be amazing.

B) No way the Ducks would want to trade him.

C) Even if they did, how could the Flyers possibly put a deal together that the Ducks would accept considering the lack of draft picks they could trade. The ducks aren't gonna trade him for nothing (or at all, IMO.).


Eklund is annoying.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 09:38 PM
  #2
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
I like how we actually have a "Speculation" pre-title. Really suits Eklund well.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:01 PM
  #3
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I don't think Eklund knows there is a cap in the NHL. Guy is a scam.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:01 PM
  #4
langerrr
Registered User
 
langerrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Williamstown, NJ
Posts: 75
vCash: 500
correct me if im wrong.. i heard he has some family out here

langerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:02 PM
  #5
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by langerrr View Post
correct me if im wrong.. i heard he has some family out here
Yes, He's from Cherry Hill NJ.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:03 PM
  #6
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
According to Eklund (so basically no one), the Flyers may be interested in Bobby Ryan.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...y-Ryan/1/24544

A) That would be amazing.

B) No way the Ducks would want to trade him.

C) Even if they did, how could the Flyers possibly put a deal together that the Ducks would accept considering the lack of draft picks they could trade. The ducks aren't gonna trade him for nothing (or at all, IMO.).


Eklund is annoying.
Then why post it here? To annoy us too?

I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously, why encourage the hits to his site? Why start a topic when you know that somewhere from half to all the posts in this topic will be about how Eklund doesn't know what he's talking about?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:11 PM
  #7
PhillyFan4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Then why post it here? To annoy us too?

I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously, why encourage the hits to his site? Why start a topic when you know that somewhere from half to all the posts in this topic will be about how Eklund doesn't know what he's talking about?
because as a fan its his duty to let his community know about anything flyers related in news regardless of how insane or unreliable it is.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:12 PM
  #8
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,791
vCash: 500
Don't we have our own version of Bobby Ryan in JVR?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:28 PM
  #9
Cleary84
Registered User
 
Cleary84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 500
I'd love it, the dude would be so pumped playing for his "hometown", but there's no feasible way to make this happen.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:34 PM
  #10
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Don't we have our own version of Bobby Ryan in JVR?
I'd like a Jersey boy line

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:47 PM
  #11
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,972
vCash: 500
JVR - Giroux - Ryan is a dream that will never happen. Let it go.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:55 PM
  #12
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
because as a fan its his duty to let his community know about anything flyers related in news regardless of how insane or unreliable it is.
Not true at all. As a Flyers fan he doesn't have "duty" to post unreliable, unsupported rumours from an unreliable, joke of a website/author. He doesn't even have any "duties" at all. Since when does being a fan of any sport/team suddenly obligate said person to duties as if being a fan of that sport/team is a job of his.

Secondly, everyone recognizes Eklund for what it is. Everyone. I could very well post this video as a legitimate source and it would be just as legitimate as Eklund:

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...to_woo_fans_by

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:59 PM
  #13
PhillyFan4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
your presuming that we think its legitimate. its not.

and you should post that onion article if it is newand concerns the flyers. the thread title prefix should be properly denoted, like his was....

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 11:10 PM
  #14
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Not true at all. As a Flyers fan he doesn't have "duty" to post unreliable, unsupported rumours from an unreliable, joke of a website/author. He doesn't even have any "duties" at all. Since when does being a fan of any sport/team suddenly obligate said person to duties as if being a fan of that sport/team is a job of his.

Secondly, everyone recognizes Eklund for what it is. Everyone. I could very well post this video as a legitimate source and it would be just as legitimate as Eklund:

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...to_woo_fans_by
1. Calm the **** down.

2. There is nothing illegitimate about the Onion, the Onion is all kinds of awesome. We should be posting more links to it. http://www.theonion.com/content/opin...d_home_rip_out

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 11:12 PM
  #15
PhillyFan4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
the video of the make a wish kid asking for unlimited wishes is great

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 11:13 PM
  #16
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
the video of the make a wish kid asking for unlimited wishes is great
If you've put any legit thought into how to approach genies, that should always be your go-to wish #1.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:26 AM
  #17
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,241
vCash: 5775
The Flyers supposedly attempted to get Ryan in his draft year, but as with a lot of guys, he becomes "a player we had our eye on." He was taken too high in the draft, and our ping pong ball came up at the wrong time.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:34 AM
  #18
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
If you've put any legit thought into how to approach genies, that should always be your go-to wish #1.
Much like in the South Park episode where the boys were anime character ninjas and each had one power, Cartman's power was to have unlimited powers.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:59 AM
  #19
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Ryan would be perfect with Richards.. but there is no way we can get him unless we trade Giroux or Hartnell..

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:03 AM
  #20
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Eklund still has us interested in Kaberle for Christ's sake, let it go man!!!!

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
  #21
Mike Richards 18
Registered User
 
Mike Richards 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 50
id say Hartnell could possibly be available for Ryan!!

Ryan Richards Giroux
Briere Carter JVR


Hartnell Syvret Cote for Ryan Pick

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
  #22
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
I think we would be quite stupid to let go of Hartnell, we need someone in front of the net like him. I understand who it is for, but we'd be better in my opinion to deal away someone else.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:06 PM
  #23
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow
 
SeanL44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
I hate to play devil's advocate here but Eklund does actually have a pretty decent track record with Flyers rumors. His Flyers rumors sometimes end up confirmed by a legitimate source (i.e. Holmgren etc.)


Anyway,

To Anaheim:
Hartnell + Marshall

To Philadelphia
Ryan + Pick?

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:41 PM
  #24
Cleary84
Registered User
 
Cleary84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post
I hate to play devil's advocate here but Eklund does actually have a pretty decent track record with Flyers rumors. His Flyers rumors sometimes end up confirmed by a legitimate source (i.e. Holmgren etc.)


Anyway,

To Anaheim:
Hartnell + Marshall

To Philadelphia
Ryan + Pick?
I love Hartnell, but I'm all for that!

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:43 PM
  #25
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang
 
FlyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Livin the High Life
Country: United States
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL44 View Post

To Anaheim:
Hartnell + Marshall

To Philadelphia
Ryan + Pick?
I don't think we'd be receiving a pick back, Hartnell's best season was last year with 60 points in a full 82 game season. Ryan had 57 points in 64 games last season. Hartnell's contract is great, and he certainly brings more to the ice than just his offense, but I think we'd have to add more than just Marshall to get Ryan.

Oh, and Hartnell and Perry would be scary to see on the same team.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.