HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Danny Syvret on waivers (update: cleared waivers Nov. 27, headed to Phantoms)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2009, 09:10 AM
  #26
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Tolly will hang around here as 6/7 for years to come, looks like I'm not going anywhere either
He's going to sign another contract after getting replaced by a rookie that started the year in the AHL?

Guess he likes the press box.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:19 AM
  #27
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,895
vCash: 5792
Syvret I don't think would be eligible given his AHL salary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
and OKT has a better contract.
Uh, OKT makes $250K more and both of their contracts are up.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:24 AM
  #28
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,369
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Meh. Good riddance. This guy belongs in the AHL, especially while he is a member of this organization. Maybe a team like Carolina or Minnesota will pick him up just to give him a shot to help those struggling teams, but as long as he is on the Flyers, he should not be playing at the Wachovia Center.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:44 AM
  #29
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's going to sign another contract after getting replaced by a rookie that started the year in the AHL?

Guess he likes the press box.
He has plenty enough money for seat cushions.....maybe he and Riley can get them at wholesale discount by buying in bulk?

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:14 AM
  #30
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's going to sign another contract after getting replaced by a rookie that started the year in the AHL?

Guess he likes the press box.
He's been 7th all the time, no changes for him. Syvret is the guy who was replaced. There will be plenty of icetime for OKT over 82 games, no need to worry about that. In fact I like his job, not doing too much but still earning 600k

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Uh, OKT makes $250K more and both of their contracts are up.
He has a one-way, I'd say that's better than Syvret's two-way, one of the reasons he had to go.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:23 AM
  #31
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
He's been 7th all the time, no changes for him. Syvret is the guy who was replaced. There will be plenty of icetime for OKT over 82 games, no need to worry about that. In fact I like his job, not doing too much but still earning 600k
...A guy that was not on the NHL roster is now on the NHL roster and playing over OKT.

He got replaced (they both did).

Syvret is getting sent down because they want him in games, as opposed to riding the pine.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:23 AM
  #32
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,895
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
He has a one-way, I'd say that's better than Syvret's two-way, one of the reasons he had to go.
That has no relevance. Trust me.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:41 AM
  #33
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
...A guy that was not on the NHL roster is now on the NHL roster and playing over OKT.

He got replaced (they both did).

Syvret is getting sent down because they want him in games, as opposed to riding the pine.
Bartulis is an offensive puck mover, OKT is a physical defensive player. It depends on what type of player they prefer, obviously the first one these days. There are no changes for OKT, he has never been 6th and he still isn't because the bottom two will rotate. As it looks now Bartulis will get the majority of the games, unless they want more toughness on the blueline.

They don't send down one-way players unless they really have to, and in this case they also save almost half a million dollars. The choice is easy..

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:58 AM
  #34
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Kid did nothing but turn the puck over..

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:18 AM
  #35
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Bartulis is an offensive puck mover, OKT is a physical defensive player. It depends on what type of player they prefer, obviously the first one these days. There are no changes for OKT, he has never been 6th and he still isn't because the bottom two will rotate. As it looks now Bartulis will get the majority of the games, unless they want more toughness on the blueline.

They don't send down one-way players unless they really have to, and in this case they also save almost half a million dollars. The choice is easy..
I like OKT a little bit, but its more of a difference in styles. Bartulis is just overall a much better player. He does have some offensive chops that OKT lacks, but I would venture to say that he's better in his own end as well. He doesn't over power people but he plays well positionally and makes good decisions with the puck. Combine that with superior physical skills and Bartulis is just a better option no matter what the staff's preference is.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 06:35 PM
  #36
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,895
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
They don't send down one-way players unless they really have to, and in this case they also save almost half a million dollars. The choice is easy..
They sent Jones down with a one-way deal, and didn't have to. He could have stayed on the roster and they would have been under the cap, although very close to it, they'd have trouble recalling players.


Syvret cleared waivers.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 08:32 PM
  #37
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
At least now he can't whine about not getting his shot. In the off season he made it sound like he did everything possible to be called up and wasn't given an opportunity. Now he had his opportunity and didn't make the most of it and lost his job.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:19 PM
  #38
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,891
vCash: 500
I'll bet Syvret is going to go to Europe now. I can see him signing a big deal in the KHL and tearing it up over there. He'll do that and some team will be suckered in and sign him to a long term deal. I say go ahead and wash the Flyers hands of him. Go ahead and release him to the KHL. I'm sure Marshall can replace him and not miss a beat at all.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:39 PM
  #39
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'll bet Syvret is going to go to Europe now. I can see him signing a big deal in the KHL and tearing it up over there. He'll do that and some team will be suckered in and sign him to a long term deal. I say go ahead and wash the Flyers hands of him. Go ahead and release him to the KHL. I'm sure Marshall can replace him and not miss a beat at all.
yeah he almost went to europe in the offseason.

He'll probably end up like Kevin Dallman who ended up a PPG d man in the KHL. Might as well go for it Syvret

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:34 PM
  #40
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,895
vCash: 5792
He needs to finish the year, or else he still owes us a year (see: Radulov, Alex). Unless we were to loan him. It sounds like Holmgren doesn't want to do that. After the season I'm sure he'll entertain that option.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 03:16 AM
  #41
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
I haven't watched the Oilers at all this year, but saw Potulny has three goals. Is he a player now? Looks like we lost that trade.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:08 AM
  #42
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I haven't watched the Oilers at all this year, but saw Potulny has three goals. Is he a player now? Looks like we lost that trade.
HockeyDB has him at 5G, 2A in 10 games. Sharpe 2.0?

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:21 AM
  #43
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
HockeyDB has him at 5G, 2A in 10 games. Sharpe 2.0?
Not unless he's learned to skate.

Potulny always had the hands...just not the feet to keep up.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:15 PM
  #44
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,895
vCash: 5792
Potulny, like Syvret, is getting a chance somewhere else. And if he makes it as a regular, well then it's a condemnation that our coaching staff did not properly develop the player. But sometimes that's irrelevant and they just need to go somewhere else.

The Oilers, we know what kind of team they are. If they were a championship contender, Potulny would likely be in the minors. He has the hands, but he's not consistent enough to be a top 6 forward, and not sound enough as a complete player to be a bottom 6 defensive/energy guy. I'm not fretting that one yet. He was on waivers like Syvret was now, and who is to say another stint in the minors wouldn't help Syvret become a better player?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:09 PM
  #45
Patch101
Registered User
 
Patch101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
He has 7pts (5 goals) in 10 games now +1. Mostly on the PP. I do think your not far off though, his foot speed isn't the best, but he shoots really well and so far hasn't been shy in the physical dept like most of our midgit forwards. With Hemsky out for the season he might stick around for a much longer look.

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.