HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players being offered around the league

Old
11-27-2009, 10:02 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vards View Post
Has Stewart actually cleared waivers?

He was sent to AHL for conditioning, which means he doesn't have to clear as far as I know.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks
You dont have to clear waivers for a conditioning stint
however if you plan on keeping him down there he needed to clear
so I would bet he is staying for some time as he cleared waivers

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:02 AM

vCash: 500
I always wondered if there was an opportunity to make a trade witht he Oilers for Jean-Francois Jacques

But he seems to have settled in nicely this year...so that chance has surely passed, but a Chipchura for Jacques swap seemed natural for me. I believe Jacques is from Montreal and Chipchura is from Westlock, Alberta.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:07 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
Jean-Francois Jacques
Left Wing
Born Apr 29 1985 -- Montreal, PQ
Height 6.04 -- Weight 217 -- Shoots L
Boy would I love this guy on a line with Pacioretty in the future!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:16 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Boy would I love this guy on a line with Pacioretty in the future!
Jacques is nothing but a glorified 4th liner. Why woudl you want Pacs subjected to that role?

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Vards

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I know.

But I don't think he's cleared waivers this year. Can someone confirm?

Vards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:21 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
Jacques is nothing but a glorified 4th liner. Why woudl you want Pacs subjected to that role?
Really? Wasn't he playing on a line with Gagner this season?

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Drydenwasthebest

No Cogliano!

I would not accept Cogliano for any of our players. We have enough smurfs on our roster who play soft and avoid hitting people. To get Cogliano we would probably have to give up someone of value (S Kost+), and there is no way in hell that Cogliano makes our team better with the way he plays. S Kost is bigger, plays with an edge, and has as much "potential" as Cogliano. We need a guy with size who can actually play hockey, not a fourth line like Jaques, and definitely not a bloody smurf like Cogliano.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:28 AM
AH

Quote:
Really? Wasn't he playing on a line with Gagner this season?
We had Moen playing up with Gomez/Plex and Cam the last 5 games.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Lucius

Quote:
If I were Gainey, I would love to see George traded to a team before or at the deadline so that we can bring up Neilson up (cheaper and a better fighter at this point in his career).
Ummm - Say what you want about Laraque's hockey skills, but really a better fighter? Has Laraque ever lost a fight with MTL?

Quote:
Don't be surprised if Edmonton is also interested in Halak because:

1) Khabibulin is old and not getting the job done.
2) They are weak in the goalie department unless Deslaurier and Roy develop into starters.

Dubnyk, a first rounder, is tearing it up in the AHL.

Drouin-Deslauriers is young and playing extremely well. Better stats than Halak.

Khabibulin has very decent numbers too.

So.... why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
All true, but the "conditioning stint" report seems to have been in error. Bob MacKenzie reported he cleared waivers.

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:43 AM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Ummm - Say what you want about Laraque's hockey skills, but really a better fighter? Has Laraque ever lost a fight with MTL?

Dubnyk, a first rounder, is tearing it up in the AHL.

Drouin-Deslauriers is young and playing extremely well. Better stats than Halak.

Khabibulin has very decent numbers too.

So.... why?

All true, but the "conditioning stint" report seems to have been in error. Bob MacKenzie reported he cleared waivers.

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie
Stewart asked for a conditioning stint.
they sent him down and I think they then DECIDED to waive him for more than a conditioning stint.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:44 AM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I would not accept Cogliano for any of our players. We have enough smurfs on our roster who play soft and avoid hitting people. To get Cogliano we would probably have to give up someone of value (S Kost+), and there is no way in hell that Cogliano makes our team better with the way he plays. S Kost is bigger, plays with an edge, and has as much "potential" as Cogliano. We need a guy with size who can actually play hockey, not a fourth line like Jaques, and definitely not a bloody smurf like Cogliano.
when has size been an issue this year?
the 'smurf' (so pejorative!) line has been rocking it hard and Latendresse has been a big useless cream puff.
I do not believe in size anymore.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Well to be honest I'm not really surprised and don't understand why everyone is laughing at Tony here,I mean he said late in October Latendresse was on the block,he was traded,Stewart and Chipchura you don't really need any of the Habs management to call you and tell you those 2 are available if you want them comon I mean they would both clear waivers Stewart already did there is no interest out there and Kostitsyn the only reason is because of what happened earlier this year.Yes he has played well in his 2 games and is showing some passion and is willing to start listening but I personally think if the Habs are after a certain player and Sergei is what the other team wants then he will be gone.Hope I'm wrong but I have that felling.

Laraque the only offer he got last year was from the Oilers,if they want him back we would probably have to take Stortini?Guess we are going to have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:29 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
And we would win that trade.

I'm pretty sure it's the Oilers that are interested in BGL. I guess they are also interested in SK. But Gainey, don't trade SK please!
Posted via Mobile Device
They have Stortini, no need...plus BGL doesn't fight and is hurt too much.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Captain Saku

Chipchura will be waived soon, once players get back from their injuries. Both Pyatt and White have outplayed him.

Laraque might be waived as well but I don't know if Gainey will do it, he'll try to trade him though as he's proven that he's absolutely worthless.

Stewart, let him spend the year in Hamilton and we'll see next year what happens with him.

Sergei, please don't trade him now. Unless there's something we don't know, but he's shown that he belongs in the NHL.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Kafka

Stewart: we knew it because he was waived
Chipchura: we'll know it when he'll be waived
S.Kostitsyn: was public, but I am not sold that he his still on that list. As I said previously, we don't have wingers like him on our roster, so he is valuable. But he won't be given an other chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Laraque was offered also... but at this point, who would take him? The guy just doesn't seem to want to play.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:02 PM
smiler2729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
wtf? tony is the new eklund or what ? lol
Yup, both self-important goofballs

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:11 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
According to Tony on the Team 990, there is a team out west interested in George Laraque! and another player currently on the roster.

According to Tony, Gainey was also offering the following players to the other 29 GM's in the league right after training camp:

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura
- Sergei Kostitsyn

If I were Gainey, I would love to see George traded to a team before or at the deadline so that we can bring up Neilson up (cheaper and a better fighter at this point in his career).

Also, I would think that Chipchura will be packaged with Halak and maybe another prospect or player only if we make the playoffs, if not, then they go for prospects and picks (1st and 2nd rounders).
folks the above 4 are worth a bag of chips , a used tire , and a subscription to
the Hockey News.

we need to make an impact trade, a difference maker , not filler 4th line guys .

plus every other team has the same trash to move , how about taking Redden , or Rozival of the Rangers, you want the crap Blake , etc....

the only move I would make now is this - TRADE PLEKANEC , WHILE HE IS WORTH SOMETHING . Trust me he turns into the 40-50 point player he should be ,not this 80 point pace player .

folks lets get something straight , Pleks is having a terrific year , Cammy is off to a 40 goal pace , Price has won 5 games by himself , we have dominated in shootouts

and WE STILL ARENT IN THE PLAYOFFS , its shows how much help we need, our D
is average even with Markov , our kids arent developing and we remove those shootout wins and we are near last .

filler trades arent going to help us , Bob has to try to move some marketable assets .

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzga lol View Post
It's possible that these are old rumors. Considering Latendresse's name isn't relevant anymore in trade talks, this rumor may have only got to the ear of Tony a little late. Since then, Sergei has proven he belongs in the NHL, and may have proven that he's a good guy to have around.
He called it on l'Attack a 5 ,2 weeks before it happened. Everyone thought it was ludicrous at the time. And judging by how suprised all were when it happened, it leads me to believe that he was not just stating the obvious.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
the only move I would make now is this - TRADE PLEKANEC , WHILE HE IS WORTH SOMETHING . Trust me he turns into the 40-50 point player he should be ,not this 80 point pace player .
I dunno, I was one of the guys on the dump Pleks wagon last year, but he's really improved, and it's not just the points. He was garbage with puck last season cuz he couldn't hold it, and made forced, quick decisions that usually resulted in turnover.

This season Pleks just OOZES confidence and patience with puck, and is taking the time to look up, find the open man, and move it decisively. Such a massive turn around in his game, never thought possible. Add to this his other tools like blazing speed and good D coverage and he's worth signing as a 2nd line C.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 01:01 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I dunno, I was one of the guys on the dump Pleks wagon last year, but he's really improved, and it's not just the points. He was garbage with puck last season cuz he couldn't hold it, and made forced, quick decisions that usually resulted in turnover.

This season Pleks just OOZES confidence and patience with puck, and is taking the time to look up, find the open man, and move it decisively. Such a massive turn around in his game, never thought possible. Add to this his other tools like blazing speed and good D coverage and he's worth signing as a 2nd line C.
turbo buddy I agree with you , but we are losing, and may miss the playoffs again.

can we afford to have 23 million with Cammy, Gomez, Pleks and Gionta , not to mention pay Price this off season ? Price is a must , take away his 10 points he carried us to we maybe dead last in the league .

its all timing and Gainey couldnt time a horse in a one horse race .
What are we a Pleks away from ? the finals, a cup ? no and no

we have spun our wheels for years abd have gone nowhere , so if we pay Pleks 4-5
doeshe have any upsise left , what if he goes back to 50 points next year , then what ? another bad contract on our hands .

I preach lack of core for years , and its obvious , I said it years ago Komi is a # 4 overrated Dman , look at hin now in TO , he is useless on his own.
But 2 years ago when everyone though he was God , you could of fetched a first , a sold D prospect and more , easily , WE GOT SQUAT

We should of did what we did for Rivet , time was up and we got decent deal at teh right time , the key is time .

Chicago has to trim payroll, go get Byfuglen, Sharp , Seabrook whatever . Move Pleks , S. Kosty , etc.. it allows them to be competitive and gives us decent players at fair salaries for years . There team that would take Pleks of our hands right now .
We have to stop thinking about losing a player , or overvaluing Pleks .

He is having a career season in a contract year - TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT NOW .

Old
11-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

folks lets get something straight , Pleks is having a terrific year , Cammy is off to a 40 goal pace , Price has won 5 games by himself , we have dominated in shootouts

is average even with Markov , our kids arent developing and we remove those shootout wins and we are near last .

filler trades arent going to help us , Bob has to try to move some marketable assets .
Your post is such an entertaining one. Yea, let's trade away our best scoring forward, that's smart. Plekanec needs to re-sign. He's not a 40-50pt player and I have no reason to ''trust'' you when you come up with such crap.

And that's right, we're just one single point away from PO spot. 4pts from 3rd. Sure, we have more games played but we're still very close in the race.
You named three players, Plek-Cammy-Price. Exactly, the fact we're able to maintain a close to .500 record while losing Markov, O'Byrne, Gill, Spacek, A.Kost, D'Ago, Gomez and Gionta is remarkable. You can also add S.Kost to that list, as he was sent down when he could have helped our team produce more.

At least, O'Byrne is back and playing well. Spacek and D'Ago are seemingly ready to return on Saturday, so that's good news too.

I'm extremely surprised by how our team has been able to stay in the games despite all their injuries. I think this is a testament to Martin's coaching abilities.

You like to look at the fact we won many games in OT or SO. Well, the same can apply to our losses. Only two out of our 13L have been over a 2Goal spread. Only 4 have been by 2G and at least two of those were late goals in 3rd.
All in all, it shows most games have not been out of reach for us. Even if we did get dominated like in NSH, point wise, it's not out of reach.

So, some of these losses could have turned into OverTime Losses or even Wins, just as much as our OT Wins could have been losses.

Most games we played have been tight and this is with a very scaled down roster.

You have no idea what our D looks like with Markov back. We haven't even seen our proper squad play one full game, yet you claim to know just how well or poor their evaluation is???..

Please man...take a deep breath and start using your head for thinking.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
turbo buddy I agree with you , but we are losing, and may miss the playoffs again.

can we afford to have 23 million with Cammy, Gomez, Pleks and Gionta , not to mention pay Price this off season ? Price is a must , take away his 10 points he carried us to we maybe dead last in the league .
hard to evaluate the team when we got 33$ million prime salary on the shelf and are icing a team that's got a $23m payroll.

Anyways you seem to be worried the habs won't be able to afford Plek + Price next season, they can. Go to www.capgeek.com and bust out the 2010-2011 calculator, with Mara and Laracque gone they can easily afford 2.5m in raises which would mostly be going to Price and Plek.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
folks the above 4 are worth a bag of chips , a used tire , and a subscription to
the Hockey News.

we need to make an impact trade, a difference maker , not filler 4th line guys .

plus every other team has the same trash to move , how about taking Redden , or Rozival of the Rangers, you want the crap Blake , etc....

And how is trading Plekanec, an UFA, going to get us that impact trade.

Yes he has value, maybe a 1st round pick and an avarage prospect, nothing more. That's not an impact trade at all.

Plekanec has a lot more value to us than trading him.

Finally, Plekanec isn't a 40-50pts scorer, last year was an aberration. He potted 69pts 2 years ago and will probably brake the 70pts mark this year, if he doesn't get injured.

Plekanec is a homegrown talent, we keep those, we don't trade them away for scraps.

You want an impact trade? Try trading Gomez instead. At least, this trade will have an impact on our cap space.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
the Hockey News.

They should only trade Plek if they can't sign him back.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:27 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
They should only trade Plek if they can't sign him back.
if he tests the watters , he is gone , you eitehr overpay him now or move him