HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OT-Computer Trends

Old
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
shawnsmith

vCash: 500
OT-Computer Trends

Hi I was wondering has anyone brought HDTV from computer trends? Would you recommend whether or not to buy stuff from there?

shawnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:53 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Are you getting warranty?

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Costco is the way to go. 90 Day Return Policy plus TWO year warranty. My plasma went recently and Costco replaced it with a better model and the two year warranty started all over again.

Great to deal with too. No BS, no hassles.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Ogopogo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsmith View Post
Hi I was wondering has anyone brought HDTV from computer trends? Would you recommend whether or not to buy stuff from there?
I worked at Computer Trends many years ago, they sell decent stuff but I agree that Costco warranty is probably the best. My dad returned a TV something like two years after he bought it - they gave him his money back, which was more than an equivalent TV costs now so he bought a new one and pocketed the difference.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 02:30 PM
BlueBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn Duliba View Post
I worked at Computer Trends many years ago, they sell decent stuff but I agree that Costco warranty is probably the best. My dad returned a TV something like two years after he bought it - they gave him his money back, which was more than an equivalent TV costs now so he bought a new one and pocketed the difference.
That exact thing just happened to me this week. I pocketed just short of a grand. I would have kept the other tv but it had a terrible pink line on it. They sent service guys to the house, they took pictures then word came back that I was getting a refund. Highly recommended.

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:27 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
I worked at Computer Trends up until about 6 months ago. You will get a replacement if anything happens to your TV. The only thing i might suggest is look at the actual TV they are selling you before you buy it. Some of them are refurbished nicer then others. Also....The salesman have free reign over what they charge you. They can give you any deal they want at any time... Ask for a deal and you'll get one. Especially if they think you'll walk.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote