HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What would it take to get Bobby Ryan?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2009, 11:41 AM
  #51
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
I'd give Weber, Andrei k, Sergei k 2 first rounders for Bobby Ryan

I think that seems like fair value. Though they still won't do it because he is worth more to them.

If weber pans out to be a Streit type player then I'd give markov instead of weber and I still think they would say no to the deal. Its asset management. If Bob thinks Bobby Ryan is worth that much he would pull off the trade. Though Gainey probably thinks it overpayment.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:51 AM
  #52
Maitz
Chucky#27
 
Maitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Come on guys, Ryan is going nowhere...

If the Ducks are willing to trade him, it would be for high drafts pick, Bluechip Prospect.

To ANA : Subban , Pacioretty, 2 first picks

To MTL : Ryan

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
  #53
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Come on guys, Ryan is going nowhere...

If the Ducks are willing to trade him, it would be for high drafts pick, Bluechip Prospect.

To ANA : Subban , Pacioretty, 2 first picks

To MTL : Ryan
yeah but they want to get better now. Those two still haven't proven anything yet. I would rather have/give the 2 k brothers as they are young and have talent to boot. This would help the ducks 2nd line.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:06 PM
  #54
Maitz
Chucky#27
 
Maitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
yeah but they want to get better now. Those two still haven't proven anything yet. I would rather have/give the 2 k brothers as they are young and have talent to boot. This would help the ducks 2nd line.
Probably but I think Ducks will stop listening the Habs after that BG will say K Bros, I dont think they have that much value, maybe if you throw Pleky in the deal.

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:28 PM
  #55
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Probably but I think Ducks will stop listening the Habs after that BG will say K Bros, I dont think they have that much value, maybe if you throw Pleky in the deal.
The salary cap is whats the problem. I'm sure Gainey can make a deal happen if he thought it was the right move to do. I think the K brothers are young 2nd liners the ducks can rely on. So what are the other pieces that can make this trade happen?

Markov, K brothers, Halak

Bobby Ryan, Giguere 1st? or no first

Giving away Markov would be a hard pill to swallow but you get a gifted goal scorer. You have 2 up and coming defensemen in Weber and Subban. So does gainey have as much faith in those two as he had in Price? If he does I say trade markov. You have to pay a price.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 12:37 PM
  #56
Maitz
Chucky#27
 
Maitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
The salary cap is whats the problem. I'm sure Gainey can make a deal happen if he thought it was the right move to do. I think the K brothers are young 2nd liners the ducks can rely on. So what are the other pieces that can make this trade happen?

Markov, K brothers, Halak

Bobby Ryan, Giguere 1st? or no first

Giving away Markov would be a hard pill to swallow but you get a gifted goal scorer. You have 2 up and coming defensemen in Weber and Subban. So does gainey have as much faith in those two as he had in Price? If he does I say trade markov. You have to pay a price.
I dont think that with any star forward and without Markov we could be a contender. Markov is a top 10 in the league on defence... Look who bad we are when he is not playing... Honestly I think its a pretty good offer but I think we desesperatly need a #1 d-man before a #1 winger

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:27 PM
  #57
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,310
vCash: 500
I'm thinking something along the lines of PK plus a 1st MIGHT make them think we were
serious, then they could ask for additional players

They spent a lot of time and money and patience on this kid. He'll be very expensive.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:36 PM
  #58
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
The salary cap is whats the problem. I'm sure Gainey can make a deal happen if he thought it was the right move to do. I think the K brothers are young 2nd liners the ducks can rely on. So what are the other pieces that can make this trade happen?

Markov, K brothers, Halak

Bobby Ryan, Giguere 1st? or no first

Giving away Markov would be a hard pill to swallow but you get a gifted goal scorer. You have 2 up and coming defensemen in Weber and Subban. So does gainey have as much faith in those two as he had in Price? If he does I say trade markov. You have to pay a price.
why give so much? Markov? If im trading Markov im getting a proven superstar back. Ryan has had a similar career to Kessel. So if Kessel can fetch 2 1st rounders and a 2nd, I dont see why Ryan warrants all those assets. Giguere couldnt stop a beachball at this point in his career. Im sorry but this is the worst proposal yet.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:40 PM
  #59
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,258
vCash: 500
lets stop the kessel comparisons, ryan is the full deal

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:51 PM
  #60
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
why give so much? Markov? If im trading Markov im getting a proven superstar back. Ryan has had a similar career to Kessel. So if Kessel can fetch 2 1st rounders and a 2nd, I dont see why Ryan warrants all those assets. Giguere couldnt stop a beachball at this point in his career. Im sorry but this is the worst proposal yet.
We have to give to get. I have Faith in Weber and subban to give away our treasured prize in Markov. Unless we give 2 firsts and the k brothers... but don't forget Kessel was traded to the leafs. The bruins thought they could get a top 10 draft pick as a gamble.

Ubercron9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 04:33 PM
  #61
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,852
vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
I'd give Weber, Andrei k, Sergei k 2 first rounders for Bobby Ryan

I think that seems like fair value. Though they still won't do it because he is worth more to them.

If weber pans out to be a Streit type player then I'd give markov instead of weber and I still think they would say no to the deal. Its asset management. If Bob thinks Bobby Ryan is worth that much he would pull off the trade. Though Gainey probably thinks it overpayment.
What are you smoking?
Ryan had a good rookie season, and is playing OKAY this year. You're willing to trade THE franchise in Markov, AK and SK two players who could plausibly be as good as him, and two first?
This would be enough to get a superstar.

Also, if Weber turns into Streit, he still won't be as good as Markov.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 04:48 PM
  #62
jmiller010
Registered User
 
jmiller010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bolton Valley, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Just say SK and 2nd...

That's what you guys thought would get you Patrick Kane this offseason, why not Bobby Ryan now?

jmiller010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 04:50 PM
  #63
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
Its not happening. The time to go after him was two years ago before he was in the NHL and the Ducks were chasing the cup. We missed the boat on this a long time ago.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
  #64
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
We have to give to get. I have Faith in Weber and subban to give away our treasured prize in Markov. Unless we give 2 firsts and the k brothers... but don't forget Kessel was traded to the leafs. The bruins thought they could get a top 10 draft pick as a gamble.
well doesnt mean u give up the farm for him. I dont think u give up Markov unless hes made it clear he doesnt want to resign in MTL.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 05:39 PM
  #65
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 6,976
vCash: 500
never

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 06:11 PM
  #66
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
I'd give Weber, Andrei k, Sergei k 2 first rounders for Bobby Ryan

I think that seems like fair value.
Though they still won't do it because he is worth more to them.

If weber pans out to be a Streit type player then I'd give markov instead of weber and I still think they would say no to the deal. Its asset management. If Bob thinks Bobby Ryan is worth that much he would pull off the trade. Though Gainey probably thinks it overpayment.
You locco homie???

I hope you're being sarcastic, I haven't looked at the first page.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 06:46 PM
  #67
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,614
vCash: 500
Markov, PK Subban, Max Pacioretty and picks for Bobby Ryan?

Holy being overrated Batman.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 08:05 PM
  #68
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Some of these posts are unreal

Markov alone would fetch more than Ryan...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:31 PM
  #69
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,342
vCash: 500
Habs are not interested in Ryan, too out of shape and lazy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:04 PM
  #70
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Habs are not interested in Ryan, too out of shape and lazy.
You're sarcastic...

Right? Please tell me you are!

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:17 PM
  #71
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
Kessel went for couple 1st rounders and a second. If you consider TO came off a bad year then yah, they have higher value but the leafs should be higher than they are ranked, so it's not like boston initially expected a top 5 pick. Kessel alone was a 5th overall pick. I think they expected 2 top 15s maybe a top 10.

So if we have a low pick, i don't see why a similar package would be outrageous.

Then again, if we top 2 top 15s, do we just draft and shut up?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:36 PM
  #72
Taupy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeingKostitsyn View Post
You're sarcastic...

Right? Please tell me you are!
No he's talking out of his ass... I tried googling bobby ryan fat and bobby ryan lazy and couldn't find anything.

The only thing, 1 month ago:
bobby ryan doesnt have an attitude problem so it wouldnt work
frolov thought he was amazing and was lazy

bobby ryan is hard working. player get into slumps or maybe bobby is nervous cause he is actually expected to produce this year. remember what happened in the playoffs. bobby was expected to score and couldnt

From the team website msg board.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:53 PM
  #73
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Kessel went for couple 1st rounders and a second. If you consider TO came off a bad year then yah, they have higher value but the leafs should be higher than they are ranked, so it's not like boston initially expected a top 5 pick. Kessel alone was a 5th overall pick. I think they expected 2 top 15s maybe a top 10.

So if we have a low pick, i don't see why a similar package would be outrageous.

Then again, if we top 2 top 15s, do we just draft and shut up?
We'll need a lot of cheap young players in the coming years because of our tight cap situation so drafting might be best. Ryan is awesome tho, that would be a hard decision to make.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:22 AM
  #74
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,839
vCash: 500
Imagine trading Weber, or Subban, or Price, TWO 1st Round Picks for
JONATHAN CHEECHOO (back then when he scored 40 or 50 goals and his value was so high).

I'm still not sure about Ryan...it's not like he has proven himself for 3-4 seasons.
And I want to keep Subban, Price, Markov, our 1st Round Picks...



I'd rather gamble a bit and get a player when his value is not so high and also not a RFA (we gamble and get this "low value/high potential" player without giving up anything or close to nothing...example: gambling on Benoit Pouliot, imo it's a pretty good gamble + there's no high salary due, and especially that we didn't give up a player who can skate properly or hit in an effective way or do what he's supposed to do...).


Let Anaheim pay Ryan lots of $$$.
There is no guarantee that Ryan will continue delivering pts.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-28-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 08:24 AM
  #75
Senet1
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Why would we want Giguere, and why would you every give up Paciorettie?

Senet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.