HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Rollin'" - 11.27.09 - Nashville vs St. Louis 7:00 CST

Old
11-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

vCash: 500
****ing weak

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 08:36 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

The one puck he's not square to all night... figures.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Jonesey
ba-na-naaaaaa

We cannot score on mason.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 08:43 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Well, that's all folks.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:05 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Well I musta Goc lost, I musta Goc lost, oh I musta Goc lost somewhere down the line.

He was having a halfway decent game up until that point, too.

Old
11-27-2009, 09:06 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

At least we played like **** in our first loss in seven games...

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Jonesey
ba-na-naaaaaa

We suck trade everyone, fire the coaches, etc..

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

I don't think it's too much to ask to have a little effort at least

Old
11-27-2009, 09:20 PM
OpenWheel

Goal! And a fight!

Come on Preds!!

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-27-2009 at 09:33 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:21 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Colaiacovo got a couple of licks in, but Scatch held his own. I'll take that swap, even though Colaiacovo doesn't really play that much relative to the rest of St. Louis' defense.

The important thing is that we're back in the game with time to burn.

Old
11-27-2009, 09:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

No sign of Klein, no sign of Bouillon, no sign of Goc... no sign of life.

The Erat-Goc-Tootoo line is a disaster. How did that one even come about?

Old
11-27-2009, 09:39 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Well that's disappointing.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 09:45 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

At least we ruined Mason's shut out. I stopped watching before the goal and fight happened, but I couldn't give a damn.

The only thing I hate more than the Blues would be Blues fans. The only thing I hate more than Blues fans is giving them a reason to be happy... **** you St Louis.

Old
11-27-2009, 10:02 PM
goalscorer

Terrable effort. 0-5 on the powerplay. The SAD line had zero chemistry tonight. Erat- Goc-Tootoo line was embarassing. Scatchard with our only goal, really. And a bat out of mid air at that.

Rinne played great,IMO. Only one who brought their A game. I'd give TooToo honorable mention. He drew a couple of penalties and created a few chances.

Maybe the past seven games have gone to our heads a bit. Settle down, gets some sleep and blow out Florida tomorrow, please.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:08 PM
TMI
Global Moderator

I'd be willing to bet almost anything that NHL.com will have St. Louis ending the streak as a top story after not once mentioning the streak.

Old
11-27-2009, 10:43 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Well, good to see the team play like a steaming mound of refuse when I finally get to sit down and watch a game.

Hamhuis and Klein need to pull up their skirts and hit somebody. I saw several instances where, rather than putting the guy on the ice, one of them would simply let the puck carrier lean into him and generate a scoring chance, or just outright skate around him. Put him on the ice, don't give me that "ol!" BS. Weber and Suter didn't play their best games tonight, and for the love of God, why is Bouillon still on the power play? Why was he ever on the power play to begin with? There is a reason he didn't see regular power play time in Montreal after 05-06. He's not an offensive defenseman, and he's not going to magically turn into one, and he looks very out of his element on the point. Why are we not giving those minutes to Hamhuis?

Scatchard's goal was awesome. Great display of hand-eye coordination to swat that one out of the air.

Rinne played well. I thought he played well enough to win with some support from, well, anybody, although he undoubtedly wants that first goal back.

Tootoo was the only player that I could say looked good on that third line, although that's not saying a whole lot. I have no idea why Erat was playing with Tootoo and Goc, or how long they have been playing together, but if we ever want him to get his game going on a consistent basis, it won't happen when he's playing regularly with the two worst offensive players in the regular rotation.

Sometimes, it seems like Trotz is intent on stifling our offense. It really pisses me off that we give Smithson twice as much even strength time as Hrnqvist when Patric has been the more productive of the two. At least Hrnqvist knows where the net is, and his presence would keep Legwand from trying to do everything by himself (which I saw him doing a lot of tonight).

The whole Arnott line looked flat. For all I've said thus far, that was probably the biggest contributor to the loss.

Maybe a start for Ellis tomorrow will wake the team up a little bit. I'm sure he's eager to get back between the pipes, as well. We also need to recall or trade for a winger, because Belak eating up a spot on the bench is hurting us more than it's helping.

Old
11-27-2009, 10:49 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
At least we ruined Mason's shut out. I stopped watching before the goal and fight happened, but I couldn't give a damn.

The only thing I hate more than the Blues would be Blues fans. The only thing I hate more than Blues fans is giving them a reason to be happy... **** you St Louis.
Well, since you missed the goal I guess I could generally describe it as a result of "hard work" or as Blues fans see it, a missed goalie interference. Did you miss Kariya's goal too? Man it was sweet. Oshie picked a pocket behind the net and fed Kariya out front for an easy one. So that was a nice eff you back at the refs, but probably not as enjoyable for Preds fans. Did I mention I am a super happy Blues fan right now? I heard this is the place where super happy Blues fans come to experience warm fuzzy feelings.

TK 421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
yup, i'm happy too.

The Blues are heating up.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:01 PM
OpenWheel

Congrats Blues fans. Your team really brought it tonight. If the Preds had a little luck solving Mason it could have been a different deal, but there was lots of defensive traffic, and when a shot or pass did make it to the doorstep with a Pred right there, he was very tough.

I told a few Blues detractors (preseason) who were saying St. Louis couldn't do it with "only" Mason in goal that he had shown he was a solid pro and would be fine as the number one. Not sure why the view by some fans is that he is a weak starter. I guess because he had an off year with us before he went to St. Louis. But his career save percentage is .915 or so. I like Mase. Sure wish he had sucked tonight though.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-27-2009 at 11:18 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:08 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Both goalies played well tonight. Lots of good chances both ways.

It was after the last Preds game that the Blues' owner basically called the team out for being out-worked. I would have been shocked if they didn't put a good effort in at tonight's game.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:26 PM
PredsChik

Trying to not let tonight get to me too much, who was it that started the thread about our win streak? Please don't do that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
+1 The most annoying thing to grace the planet was 2 rows in front of me tonight, I had serious thoughts about kicking her in the back of the head. I've been to 7 away arenas and have never been as obnoxious as she was tonight.

Kariya's done a fantastic job of teaching Oshie to dive. I hate that money grubbing midget.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:35 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Oh guys...no reason to be upset. It's hockey, you can't win them all. They need to brush their shoulders off and start up another win streak. Reorganize and come out hot against the Cats.

Old
11-27-2009, 11:41 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Hate to sound like a troll, but Mason certainly earned a shutout tonight. That Preds player simply took the blade of the stick and scraped the puck out of Mason's glove. I have no idea why the refs allowed it. It was clearly goalie interference.

It's a moot point now, but it still bugs me. At least the refs didn't allow the goal on the handpass.

Overall, it was a good game. Both goalies worked very hard and did pretty well, especially the first 2 periods. At first, it seemed like neither team was going to score.

Seems like the refs get worse with each game I watch. They're still not quite as annoying as MLB umps, though.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 11:44 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriBlues2008 View Post
Hate to sound like a troll, but Mason certainly earned a shutout tonight. That Preds player simply took the blade of the stick and scraped the puck out of Mason's glove. I have no idea why the refs allowed it. It was clearly goalie interference.

It's a moot point now, but it still bugs me. At least the refs didn't allow the goal on the handpass.

Overall, it was a good game. Both goalies worked very hard and did pretty well, especially the first 2 periods. At first, it seemed like neither team was going to score.

Seems like the refs get worse with each game I watch. They're still not quite as annoying as MLB umps, though.
Yea Mason was on fire. I really think there was nothing we could do to win. When a goalie is on fire...well...he's on fire. That's it. He played 'shutout' hockey tonight.

Old
11-27-2009, 11:49 PM
MissouriBlues2008

Anyway, both teams played well. The Predators are always a tough opponent, especially away.

A lot of energy out there tonight. Now the Blues have to face Detroit tomorrow, which I don't get to see because DISH is horrible.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote