HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Rollin'" - 11.27.09 - Nashville vs St. Louis 7:00 CST

Old
11-28-2009, 01:01 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Hey look, Blues fans came to troll. How's last place in the division looking this time of year? Go away.

As for a Kariya goal. Yeah, I missed that. It's nice to see someone from Missouri could put two and two together. What is that? His second point in 15 games now? That's one hell of a six million dollar man, right?

Last edited by TMI: 11-28-2009 at 01:07 AM.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:17 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Congrats Blues fans. Your team really brought it tonight. If the Preds had a little luck solving Mason it could have been a different deal, but there was lots of defensive traffic, and when a shot or pass did make it to the doorstep with a Pred right there, he was very tough.

I told a few Blues detractors (preseason) who were saying St. Louis couldn't do it with "only" Mason in goal that he had shown he was a solid pro and would be fine as the number one. Not sure why the view by some fans is that he is a weak starter. I guess because he had an off year with us before he went to St. Louis. But his career save percentage is .915 or so. I like Mase. Sure wish he had sucked tonight though.
Thanks OpenWheel. Celebratory moments have been few and far between for Blues fans this year. They are starting to come around though. Mason has easily been our most consistent player so far and after years of watching the Blues goaltending circus, I'm finally feeling good about the position. The last time I felt good was right before Nick Kypreos jumped on Grant Fuhr's knee, so it's been awhile.

I'm a closet Preds fan so let me just say congrats on the 7 game win streak. As an outsider I've been a fan of the Poile/Trotz combo since it's inception and I feel like the Preds are an org. I can trust to be competitive regardless of personnel. Strong org. you've got there and plenty of respect from this Blues fan.

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:40 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 8001
well it looks like i finally missed a good game to miss, you cant win them all.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:07 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Hey look, Blues fans came to troll. How's last place in the division looking this time of year? Go away.

As for a Kariya goal. Yeah, I missed that. It's nice to see someone from Missouri could put two and two together. What is that? His second point in 15 games now? That's one hell of a six million dollar man, right?
I promise you I didn't. Your GDT is more active than ours and well... your comments were just begging for some interaction.

Last place is not looking good and I thank you for your concern.

Your impotent hatred is amusing, but you could probably stand to lighten up a bit. It sure will be nice to have that 6 mil put towards extensions for other players next year. Honestly, I don't feel too bad with Eller on the way. Paying Brewer through next season is the one that's tough to stomach.

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Blueshockey2*

Blues are 2 pts behind Detroit and finally are starting to get some production from key guys, they won't catch Chicago but St.Louis will be higher in the standings then Nashville come January 1st, book it..

Blueshockey2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:50 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshockey2 View Post
book it..
Ahh, thank you. Here in Nashville "book it" in media has a strong history of reverse karma. And after the streak being snapped, I'm glad for the boost for our Predators.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 04:12 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
This game sucked. I guess they were due to lose sometime, but crap, they just didn't even look good at all.

They must have all eaten too much turkey because everyone looked slow and not making good decisions.

According to the stats, we won like 53% of FO's. I don't believe it because every time I paid attention we lost it. But any we did win, St. Louis just took the puck from our guys.

Outworked, no hustle, bad defense, bad passes.

I liked our new jersey. They're kind of boring, but look nice. The numbers are easy to read.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 11-28-2009 at 04:17 AM.
sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Move along people, nothing to see here. Anyone want the GDT for tonight?

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Soundgarden

Well seven games without a lose is still great, and we were bound to lose at some point. We just couldn't crack Mason tonight.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:59 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 8001
Blues fans

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Blues fans
You know - it should be embarrassing for the visiting teams' fans that became so obnoxious, rude and disrespectful. It is sad when so-called adults act that way in any place.

I use to think the Wings fans were the worst however the Blues fans have now moved up to #1 in that category and the CBJ fans are just behind them.

If we went into "their" house and pulled the same type of crap - they would have literally assaulted us.

I love Mason and think he is one of the classiest athletes I have ever had the privilege to meet. I am sorry he has to play before such fans. He deserves so much better.

While some Preds fans can be horrible, I don't believe I have ever seen them as bad as the Blues fans I saw last night (and I've been to quite a few other arenas as a visitor).

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Blueshockey2*

^^

Care to explain why you have your panties in a bunch over a loss??

Old
11-28-2009, 02:10 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
^^

Care to explain why you have your panties in a bunch over a loss??
We aren't really worried about the loss, more the behavior of the Blues fans bandwagon jumped on the first glimmer of hope they have had this season. Congrats you won, give me a call when we should give a damn.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Blueshockey2*

I can't wait to see what the Nashville fans are saying when your on the outside looking in come April

Old
11-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
I can't wait to see what the Nashville fans are saying when your on the outside looking in come April
Same thing you will be saying.

If we don't make it, you don't make it.

Oh, EDIT:

Old
11-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Blueshockey2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Same thing you will be saying.

If we don't make it, you don't make it.
Please...

The Blues have a tons more talent then Nashville..Wow your top 3 are Weber,Arnott and Sullivan.. I mean you guys count on Marcel Goc.. Really..Marcel freaking Goc??

When you get talent as good as Perron,Boyes,McDonald,Backes,Oshie,Berglund,Johnso n ...let me know

Old
11-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Please...

The Blues have a tons more talent then Nashville..Wow your top 3 are Weber,Arnott and Sullivan.. I mean you guys count on Marcel Goc.. Really..Marcel freaking Goc??

When you get talent as good as Perron,Boyes,McDonald,Backes,Oshie,Berglund,Johnso n ...let me know
Who said we count on Marcel Goc?

That's the equivalent of you counting on Manny Legace.

When you get a coach that actually has faith in his players, (AKA not Andy Murray), come talk to me.

And trust me, I'd like nothing more than to see Boyes and Cola do well (considering I've known them both since 1998/1999), I wish they were on a different team.

Old
11-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Also, isn't your board talking about sending Backlund down? Some talent he is.

Old
11-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Blueshockey2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Also, isn't your board talking about sending Backlund down? Some talent he is.
Hmm...Didn't know we had a Backlund??

Go back and read through the posts during the game, I seen at least 4-5 saying something about Goc not showing up...

I could careless what Andy Murray thinks of the players, I haven't liked Murray since day 1

Old
11-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Hmm...Didn't know we had a Backlund??

Go back and read through the posts during the game, I seen at least 4-5 saying something about Goc not showing up...
ok, Berglund. You knew what I meant.

Trust me, no one on this board is counting on Goc for anything.

Old
11-28-2009, 04:36 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Funny, I was always under the impression that it was bad netiquette to troll in the opposing team's forum like some of these posts are. I mean, browsing is fine, but posting and/or gloating is just bad form. Didn't your mom teach you any manners?

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 04:39 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Well, didn't you read? My comments regarding my own team and my disdain for a division rival/their fans WITHIN THE PROPER BOARD were just begging for attention.

Sorry, guys. I started all of this by posting the same kind of crap that was in the Blues boards after the first game in this series. My mistake

Speaking for myself, I wasn't that hung up simply because we lost. I'll admit that it had to do with to whom we lost, but more so the way in which we failed to play the system that has turned us into one of the most competitive teams in the league. Anyway, thanks to a couple of Blues fans for providing examples as to why I hate St Louis as a whole.

Old
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

You gotta know teams in the top 4 ARE hoping the Blues make it in instead of the Preds.

I'm sure the 4-game steamrolling the Canucks put on over STL last april is still fresh in a lot of people's minds...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Webersmashpuck

Please for the love of god lock this thread. I hate the Blues and they are trolling up a storm.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 06:12 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Wes, myself and maybe someone else mentioned the team for which you cheer being in the last spot in the Central AFTER Blues fans came in here to troll. I have the right to say whatever the hell I please about the Preds in this forum. I think I've visited your forum twice, and I have not once posted, let alone trolled, in it.

The chant is what we do after every goal. We could be down by six goals, but we'd still chant that after scoring. It's called tradition. It's called supporting the team in our own way. If you don't like it, that's perfectly fine, but don't act as if you're a superior hockey fan because we do things differently. Before you act like that you might also look into putting an actual hockey player's picture in your avatar. Just a suggestion.

When was the last time a Preds board saw this much trolling? The second San Jose play off series, or was it from the Flames fans a while back? If this thread isn't going to be locked can it at least be renamed "Trollin"?