HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
11-26-2009, 12:16 AM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
It's to my knowledge that Rozsival is this seasons apparent whipping boy. But I've always been a fan of Rozsy- and at his salary he's a steal. I've noticed he's gradualy steadied his game as the season has progressed here. He's beginning to adjust to Torterella's style as of late. His defensive game is coming around; look at tonights game. He came up big in the overtime. He layed into Horton numerous times breaking up dangerous situations. He was arguably one of the better d-men tonight. Loved the physical edge.

I think he's a key component to this team. He has a nice arsenal. He's one of those guys where no part of his game is better than the other. They mantain an elevated level. A hard shot( I can see Rozsy eventually work his way onto the 2nd PP unit) and can be solid defensively while showing an edge. Let's not forget he is coming back from hip surgery- which can be part of the reason why his game is taking time to shape this season.
Uh....what?

He is making money a top #2 defenseman makes...he is NOT a top 2 dman by any means. Hes a top 4 dman and at times this season..hes looked like a#6 dman.

That said, he was great the first year we had and him has gotten worse every season since...but he did have his best game tonight of the year.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

LOL come on the guy definitely does not warrant an appreciation thread. Yes he's had one, maybe two good games as of late but he's being paid 5 million and performs worse than any other d-man we have including the two rooks. This board is manic in their ways and to have a thread like this after one good game more than proves it.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

im a rozsival apologist.

but id still move him in a heartbeat.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 01:54 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Uh....what?

He is making money a top #2 defenseman makes...he is NOT a top 2 dman by any means. Hes a top 4 dman and at times this season..hes looked like a#6 dman.

That said, he was great the first year we had and him has gotten worse every season since...but he did have his best game tonight of the year.
Yeah, I think Rozsival for a 5mill cap hit is a steal. I'd like to see a list of all the d-men who have a 5 mill cap hit.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

If Rozy can live up to most of his contract, it'll do wonders for our team. Defensively, and Offensively.

He has a fantastic shot that for some reason, he never uses.. He should have numerous shots on goal, every, single, game.

As far as defending, he's not bad. At all. He matches up well against bigger bodies, and doesn't get left behind by quicker players.

It's the bone-headed, stupid mistakes that he hasn't been able to overcome. The lazy passes, or half-assed pinch. The brain-farts.

He has very high capability's as a player. We've witnessed what he can do when it matters. I don't think there was a single player better than him during our playoff series against the Sabre's. He played like a true #1 defensemen. He battled.

I don't see any fight in him anymore. He was good tonight, but he's not even close to worthy of having a dedication thread. If he can build on tonights game, and perform at that level consistently, then he's probably worth hanging on to, instead of trading.

But we all know that's too damn good to be true, so hopefully Sather can find another idiot to remedy his mistake of signing him in the first place.

Does Montreal need Defensemen?!

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Yeah, I think Rozsival for a 5mill cap hit is a steal. I'd like to see a list of all the d-men who have a 5 mill cap hit.
Really?

Then what do you call Mike Green's salary, which is only a 250K per~ more than rozy's?

What about Kaberle's? 4.25M

Gonchar makes 5M.. Another better contract than Rozys..

Jovo @6.50M has much better value too. He's a PP monster, and he can hit.

Streits salary is 750K less than Rozy's, and he's easily the better player.

Would you rather have Shea Weber at 4.5M, or Rozsival at 5M??

I'd take every single player over Rozsival. And only Jovo makes considerably more.

Old
11-26-2009, 02:49 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

We can use Torts's system as an excuse for his struggles, but it didn't start when Torts took over.

There is a lot of pressure on our dmen with what they're trying to run, yet Rozsival is making less progress learning it than every other dman on this team.

Even Redden, who I thought was actually an inferior defensemen compared to Rozsival, has played significantly better hockey.

Even 2 rookies, who have miles and miles less experience than Rozy, seem to be making less 'costly' mistakes.

hpNYR, if you really believe Rozsival at 5M is a steal for the hockey he's been playing, then I really have to wonder if anyone will ever take your opinion seriously.

He's been our least dependable dman, and that's evidenced by his numbers. A 19 year old logged more ice-time, in a close game, than he did...

Old
11-26-2009, 05:15 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
We can use Torts's system as an excuse for his struggles, but it didn't start when Torts took over.

There is a lot of pressure on our dmen with what they're trying to run, yet Rozsival is making less progress learning it than every other dman on this team.

Even Redden, who I thought was actually an inferior defensemen compared to Rozsival, has played significantly better hockey.

Even 2 rookies, who have miles and miles less experience than Rozy, seem to be making less 'costly' mistakes.

hpNYR, if you really believe Rozsival at 5M is a steal for the hockey he's been playing, then I really have to wonder if anyone will ever take your opinion seriously.

He's been our least dependable dman, and that's evidenced by his numbers. A 19 year old logged more ice-time, in a close game, than he did...
You're picking your spots. I said name every single d-men that makes 5 mill, not just the good bargains. For what it's worth, I rather have Rozsival than Jovanovski. Rozsival at 5mil is a steal for the hockey he played in the series against the sabres & the majority of that season. I think a blind squirrel knows Rozsival hasn't been playing up to his capabilities. If he does, it's then when that 5mill cap hit will seem like a bargain. He has a nice tight knit arsenal and he needs to come to shape and play like he did in the past. I've noticed that he has begun to elevate his play as these games have progressed. Time will tell.

Boomy Boom, I can care less what you think of my opinion. You're just one person of the many out there. Everyones opinions differ.

Old
11-26-2009, 05:25 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
[QUOTE=Boom Boom Geoffrion;22320836]

Streits salary is 750K less than Rozy's, and he's easily the better player.

QUOTE]

Rozy is defensively much better than Streit.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 05:53 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
im a rozsival apologist.

but id still move him in a heartbeat.
I want Sanguinetti here and Rozsival gone.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 07:45 AM
NYRamonte10

I think he's the best on the team at joining the rush; when he actually does so. Guys like MDZ and Gilroy try it a lot but in terms of success rate roszival is definitely the smoothest with his puck movement and getting the best scoring chance. Torts really has to try and get him up there more.

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 07:50 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Rozsival is a steal. He is stealing money from the Rangers.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
It's to my knowledge that Rozsival is this seasons apparent whipping boy. But I've always been a fan of Rozsy- and at his salary he's a steal. I've noticed he's gradualy steadied his game as the season has progressed here. He's beginning to adjust to Torterella's style as of late. His defensive game is coming around; look at tonights game. He came up big in the overtime. He layed into Horton numerous times breaking up dangerous situations. He was arguably one of the better d-men tonight. Loved the physical edge.

I think he's a key component to this team. He has a nice arsenal. He's one of those guys where no part of his game is better than the other. They mantain an elevated level. A hard shot( I can see Rozsy eventually work his way onto the 2nd PP unit) and can be solid defensively while showing an edge. Let's not forget he is coming back from hip surgery- which can be part of the reason why his game is taking time to shape this season.
Summing up your post...Apparantly you are only as good as your last game!

Last edited by Lion Hound: 11-26-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Chris 84

I like Rozy, he's one of my favourites and I'm glad he gets a thread but he's not a steal , not at all.

I've always found it weird that we were good defensively for the most part when Malik and Rozy played together yet the fans acted like they were worthless. Doesn't make much sense to me.

He's undervalued on the boards but overvalued with his cap hit.

Chris 84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 09:41 AM
dynamoovechkin

I thought Rozy was super sharp against Columbus and even better against Fla. Bash the guy if you want- and it's true that his lazy passes and giveaways in dangerous parts of the ice have hurt us at times, but the guy has skill, is an above average skater, and he clearly cares. Yeah, the contract in onerous, but you know what? Michal Roszival is not a major problem/ distraction on this team.

I had forgotten about the injury and how his game has been sent back as a result. But when he is playing well, he makes great stretch passes, is strong positionally, and gets his good shot on. He frustrates the hell out of me sometimes, but I'm solidly behind the guy.

Just when Redden starts to look like the scapegoat, he steps it up. Now Rozy is playing better. I'm sure we'll find a new somebody's a$$ to kick...

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 10:56 AM
ret513

He did step up last nite with two d down and final minutes.

Big games like that and some playoffs where theres no time to think, he does good. Its just when he has a decision to make.. brain fart.

To quote my daughter who watches games with me.." I really think that he may be color-blind, because his give-aways to other colored jerseys are like perfect passes."

maybe its not his fault

ret513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

vCash: 1081
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ret513 View Post
He did step up last nite with two d down and final minutes.

Big games like that and some playoffs where theres no time to think, he does good. Its just when he has a decision to make.. brain fart.

To quote my daughter who watches games with me.." I really think that he may be color-blind, because his give-aways to other colored jerseys are like perfect passes."

maybe its not his fault
I'm literally dying right now, hahaha. Made my morning.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Hey hp did you see that great giveaway he had on the powerplay last night only to have gilroy cover his ass. Rosy is OVERVALUED by about 2 million. His cap hit is handicapping us. The guy singlehandedly was responsible for our shorthanded goals against problem last year. Every time he is on the power play i cringe. He has an absolute cannon and i still find myself yelling at him to shoot even though its been 5 years and its obviously not happening. I pray each morning that i wake up to find that Sather has covered another one of his mistakes.

Sangs>>Rosy

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Rozsival wouldn't be a steal at 1.8 mil. Nevermind 5 or 6 mil.

I would still be conflictedf on spending 1.8 mil on that clown.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 04:47 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
I've always found it weird that we were good defensively for the most part when Malik and Rozy played together yet the fans acted like they were worthless. Doesn't make much sense to me.
It's not weird at all. The most vocal fans are usually the ones with the smallest brains.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 04:55 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
It's not weird at all. The most vocal fans are usually the ones with the smallest brains.

Old
11-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Rozy is for sure the whipping boy this yr. it's just that terrible price tag

I mean really when they signed Redden FA day I was like well ok their goes Rozy. Now use that money on a Forward. Next thing ya know Sather signs them both and now look

Not to mention at the time I thought it was a good deal but Zherdev who is in the KHL for Tyutin.We all rather have Tyutin and back, no Rozy and a UFA C or Winger with that money

With that said this yrs FA crop with the exception of the Donald looks real good. Win some ya lose some

I still hope I wake up to a dream deal. Rozsival, Voros for a gritty Dman and a bag of pucks
This statement is so laughable.

Malik. Poti. Redden last year.

They are whipping boys.

Rozsival has flat out sucked.

Ive been one of his biggest supporters since he became a Ranger. But no, theres a diff between whipping boy and sucking dick, which is what hes become a pro at, not hockey.

Theres a reason hes earned the nick name Michael Blowitzall.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 06:23 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRamonte10 View Post
I think he's the best on the team at joining the rush; when he actually does so. Guys like MDZ and Gilroy try it a lot but in terms of success rate roszival is definitely the smoothest with his puck movement and getting the best scoring chance. Torts really has to try and get him up there more.
IMO that's been Redden.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Rozsival was horrible tonight...though that also applies for basically the entire team.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:30 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Rozsival was horrible tonight...though that also applies for basically the entire team.
Still, on a night where everyone was bad, he stood out as AWFUL.

I like the guy, and have been a supporter of his, but this is just unacceptable.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote