HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Ownership/Financial Situation #8

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2009, 09:43 PM
pyregretzky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHillbilly View Post
Yotes Lose $5mil In Oct

Globe & Mail Article. At the end it mentions $300+ spent on tattoos. Granted it's "Pennies", but wtf? I'm guessing the frivolous spending will be coming to an end with the NHL in control.
Actually I'm not quite sure that the $300 on tattoos can be tabbed as "frivolous spending" because if you search you can easily find out that California Tattoo Inc is a company that sells temporary tattoos intended primarily for marketing purposes.

Quote:
3" x 3" - Custom temporary tattoo. A unique way to market your company. People friendly, FDA approved 4 color process inks. Requires 1/8" margin surrounding design. Instructions included on the back and special text, i.e., your name or logo (no charge). Food and beverage manufacturers, movies, radio and television networks, corporate and company logos.
The team is trying to do marketing that is PEOPLE FRIENDLY and FDA APPROVED but the Canadians won't even let them do that without going into hysterics. Typical.

The fact that you took what you were told from that source and didn't question or search at all is pretty tremendous.

Old
11-20-2009, 10:56 PM
HockeyHillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyregretzky View Post
Actually I'm not quite sure that the $300 on tattoos can be tabbed as "frivolous spending" because if you search you can easily find out that California Tattoo Inc is a company that sells temporary tattoos intended primarily for marketing purposes.

The team is trying to do marketing that is PEOPLE FRIENDLY and FDA APPROVED but the Canadians won't even let them do that without going into hysterics. Typical.

The fact that you took what you were told from that source and didn't question or search at all is pretty tremendous.
1) You answered my "Wtf" I was asking about. Temporary tatts would make sense to take the place of face painting or something of that nature at the rink.

2) As someone with real tatts and knowing guys on the team also have them I honestly wasn't thinking along those lines.

3) Your final line is what is most disturbing to me. I DID ask. Were you aware I made that post from work & "Tattoo" is blocked in our company search engines? Or what other constraints I may have placed on me to do the research via the web? That is short sighted on your part to jump to these conclusions. THAT IS WHY I ASKED! I'm glad that you have felt the need to attempt to pounce on someone that attends the majority of the games and has been a supporter of hockey in the desert, even as a transplant from up north. With friends like this we don't need the Canadians as enemies.

Old
11-25-2009, 01:13 AM
coyotesfan

New group interested

Old
11-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Stotland said he is the only member of the group not living in Phoenix but plans to move to the city if his group ends up with the team.
C'mon down Mr. Stotland!

Old
11-25-2009, 03:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yeah, it'd be a bummer to live in Phoenix. Eighty degrees for Thanksgiving. Terrible.

Warm > Cold

Last edited by rt: 11-25-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old
11-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Kaizen

Although too hot < not too hot.

I suppose that's what AC is for.

Old
11-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

We can have these "another group interested in buying the Coyotes" all we want but if I don't see a new owner in place willing to keep the team here then we are still in the eyes who care about this team a lame duck franchise.

Would it be too much to ask for all of these groups interested to come tougher as one and buy the team and buy the arena from COG as well?
It must be considering that each group has a different plan for the team and we still don't know all of the details let alone what COG is willing to do especially with this new group.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
11-25-2009, 11:18 AM
He Lied to Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotesfan View Post
How funny that the group is named Camelback Hockey Group, the same as the most obnoxious anti-Coyotes poster on the AZ Central boards.

Old
11-27-2009, 10:16 PM
He Lied to Mario

Article from the Montreal Gazette on Steve Stotland

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...087/story.html

Old
11-27-2009, 10:49 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
He sincerely believes that with the right local ownership, properly financed, with an immediate increase in payroll that would add two franchise-type forwards and make the team highly competitive, the fans will come back.
Oh sweet jesus.

Where can I buy this man a plane ticket?

Old
11-27-2009, 11:34 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Would there be any doubt, that if the Coyotes added two franchise players, that they would be a consistent playoff threat.

Old
11-27-2009, 11:37 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Would there be any doubt, that if the Coyotes added two franchise players, that they would be a consistent playoff threat.
As long as the back end stays relatively healthy, none whatsoever. Defense and pressure are always the keys to Tippett's system, but you put two legit scorers up front making Doan the "complimentary" scorer, who knows how deep they can go? Not suggesting Cup at this point, but 2nd round, why not?

Old
11-27-2009, 11:45 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
As long as the back end stays relatively healthy, none whatsoever. Defense and pressure are always the keys to Tippett's system, but you put two legit scorers up front making Doan the "complimentary" scorer, who knows how deep they can go? Not suggesting Cup at this point, but 2nd round, why not?
Frolov - Marleau - Doan

We are going to have insane depth at D next year with Summers, Goncharov and Ahnelov all ready for the show.

Old
11-28-2009, 12:06 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Frolov - Marleau - Doan

We are going to have insane depth at D next year with Summers, Goncharov and Ahnelov all ready for the show.
Don't EVEN tease me with Marleau. That is just plain cruel. No way he leaves San Jose, but one can dream.

Old
11-28-2009, 12:10 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Kovalchuk?

Old
11-28-2009, 12:17 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Kovalchuk?
Would love it, but will never get to FA, and the cost would decimate our youth -- my guess Turris, OEL +++, or no deal. That price is too steep.

Old
11-28-2009, 12:23 AM
hbk

Quote:
Don't EVEN tease me with Marleau. That is just plain cruel. No way he leaves San Jose, but one can dream.
All depends on what happens with the cap. San Jose, Chicago, Philli, may all need to jetison salary and/or be unable to re-sign some usefull players that would under normal circumstances have a higher trade value than Peter Mueller. We could deal Mueller for exclusive negotiation rights with Marleau (assuming we have the ownership group to authorize such a big money contract). If San Jose doesn't have the capabilities to re-sign him, Mueller might be a pretty good return. Toss in the Calgary pick to play with as well and we could be big time players in this type of market.

Old
11-28-2009, 12:39 AM
RR

Think about this (and credit goes to RT for this one in principle): if you're Caps, Pens, Sharks, Rangers, Sens, Bruins, Flyers, or Hawks, and facing absolute cap hell at season's end, how valuable would Mueller, our 1st, Calgary's 1st, and our 2nd in 2010 be?

With our youthful depth, could we not forego the 2010 draft as Toronto will do in exchange for a guy like Kessel?

A mega-deal like that, plus a big FA signing is not crazy if ownership has the money. And we still enter 2011 with a 1st and two 2nds.

Something to condsider.

Old
11-28-2009, 12:42 AM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
All depends on what happens with the cap. San Jose, Chicago, Philli, may all need to jetison salary and/or be unable to re-sign some usefull players that would under normal circumstances have a higher trade value than Peter Mueller. We could deal Mueller for exclusive negotiation rights with Marleau (assuming we have the ownership group to authorize such a big money contract). If San Jose doesn't have the capabilities to re-sign him, Mueller might be a pretty good return. Toss in the Calgary pick to play with as well and we could be big time players in this type of market.
See my last post. We're definitely on the same page and I'm willing to go a step further and package our 2010 1st rounders, and our 2nd, if need be, to get things started.

Old
11-28-2009, 03:19 AM
yakko

Quote:
He is their captain after all.

Oh wait.

Old
11-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Think about this (and credit goes to RT for this one in principle): if you're Caps, Pens, Sharks, Rangers, Sens, Bruins, Flyers, or Hawks, and facing absolute cap hell at season's end, how valuable would Mueller, our 1st, Calgary's 1st, and our 2nd in 2010 be?

With our youthful depth, could we not forego the 2010 draft as Toronto will do in exchange for a guy like Kessel?

A mega-deal like that, plus a big FA signing is not crazy if ownership has the money. And we still enter 2011 with a 1st and two 2nds.

Something to condsider.
Mueller, two 1st round picks and one 2nd rounder for a Kessel like player. Whom would you have in mind? I doubt there is anyone on this board that wants offense more than me but that's a lot to pay!

Old
11-28-2009, 11:04 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Mueller, two 1st round picks and one 2nd rounder for a Kessel like player. Whom would you have in mind? I doubt there is anyone on this board that wants offense more than me but that's a lot to pay!
Eric or Jordan Staal? That's a lot to pony up. I'd rather keep all that nice stuff and just sign a FA.

Old
11-28-2009, 12:56 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
No, no, not all for one player, but having those four pieces to construct a deal around.

Old
11-28-2009, 01:04 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Eric or Jordan Staal? That's a lot to pony up. I'd rather keep all that nice stuff and just sign a FA.
And which FAs would you target in this upcoming class? It's not too deep with scorers after you get by a couple of big names who may or may not re-sign with their current teams, and are any big names ready to sign up with Phoenix?:

http://www.capgeek.com/contracts.php

Old
11-28-2009, 01:05 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
He is their captain after all.

Oh wait.
And on pace for a career year.

Closed Thread