HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Break Up Prospal and Gabby...

Old
11-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

vCash: 500
Though Avery on the first line is something I would like to see as well, I'd move Cally to the first line. He can make some moves with the puck and is good for crashing the net and getting some garbage goals.

Cally-Prospal-Gaborik
Avery-AA-PAP
Higgins-Drury-Lisin
Brashear-Boyle-Kotalik

When Dubi returns, I'd do this:

Prospal-Dubi-Gaborik
Avery-AA-Cally
PAP-Drury-Lisin
PAP/Brashear-Boyle-Kotalik

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Avery is very underrated by HF'ers and NY fans. The guy has good speed and play making skills. He would add a little grit and back checking with Prospal and Gaborik. It would also free up depth for the other lines.

Avery - Prospal - Gaborik
Higgins - Drury - Callahan
Parenteau - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Voros - Boyle - Kotalik
These lines were used in lastnights game and didn't produce jack. Take out Duby and thats what we saw lastnight.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 05:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Avery-Anisimov-Parenteau
Lisin-Drury-Callahan
Voros-Boyle-Brashear

That's what I'd do. Though it doesn't seem to matter right now. Although I'd give those lines at least one whole game together, rather than breaking them up after 2 shifts.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 05:30 PM
LyNX27

Swapping Drury and Avery would do those lines pretty good too.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 05:31 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Again... Drury is never going to produce if you keep putting him with similar players.

Have done NOTHING when ever they have been together.

Also, Callahan has done NOTHING at even strength. Stop HANDING minutes to Callahan that he hasn't earned. With effort, yes, unfortunately you need your top six forwards to PRODUCE at even strength.

Callahan has TWO even strength points this season. TWO even strength points in 25 games. While logging 19:40 of ice time per game!!!!!!!!!

Wake up!!

We have a guy earning 7 mil per year, with a no trade clause, and we have him for the remainder of this and next season. He is FAR more important to the team, we NEED him to get going.

Prospal - Drury - Gaborik
Avery - Anisimov - Lisin
Parenteau - Higgins - Callahan
Brashear - Boyle - Kotalik

Until Dubinsky is healthy.

Avery - Dubinsky - Lisin
Higgins - Anisimov - Callahan

And the only reason Callahan gets to play above the 4th line is because he is better defensively then Kotalik, and hustles.

Callahan - 2 ES points, 25 games. 19:40 ATOI.
Kotalik - 4 ES points, 24 games. 15:29 ATOI.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Avery is very underrated by HF'ers and NY fans. The guy has good speed and play making skills. He would add a little grit and back checking with Prospal and Gaborik. It would also free up depth for the other lines.

Avery - Prospal - Gaborik
Parenteau - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Voros - Boyle - Kotalik
I disagree. Avery is a huge fan favorite in New York (who else besides Hank and Gabby get serenaded by the crowd?) and I don't think we underestimate his skill.

He is a skilled player and is very quick on the puck, but he makes mistakes frequently in the defensive zone and sometimes forgets to backcheck or pick up a man when defending. Now, we have many players on this team who have similar defensive lapses (Kotalik, Lisin, etc.) and they do not belong on the first line either.

Sean has been playing great lately, and that would be the only reason I would entertain the notion of having him on line 1. Since Dubi is out and everyone else has sucked lately, I guess it couldn't hurt.

But it's pretty scary when this team has only two legitimate first line players and have to put 3rd line grinders on line 1 because no one else can score or even play with any effort.

I guess this team is a few more years away from cup contending than I originally thought...

oh, and.. Higgins Drury and Callahan is a fail of a line. They are all mediocre players and Drury seems to be the opposite of a catalyst these days. He drags his linemates down...

I actually liked Higgins on line one because his physicality (when he throws the body around) makes room on the ice for Gabby and Prospal. I'd like to see him on the first line for one more stint before taking him off. I hate Higgins as much as the next guy but that 1st line needs some size. Hopefully Avery can do similarly if he gets line 1 duty tonight.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 06:28 PM
OrbitalDynamics

vCash: 50
Can we at least try to maintain some cohesion with the lines?

Wasn't this one of the knocks on Renney last year with the constant musical centers and wings?

Work through it, work through it and in case you missed it, work through it.

One other thing, can we please for the love of God stop including Z-Bag in line combos?? He's gone, he ain't comin' back,and the sooner that you can accept that and move on, the better it will be.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 06:32 PM
AXN

Maybe we need a lineup revote.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 06:54 PM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Again... Drury is never going to produce if you keep putting him with similar players.

Have done NOTHING when ever they have been together.

Also, Callahan has done NOTHING at even strength. Stop HANDING minutes to Callahan that he hasn't earned. With effort, yes, unfortunately you need your top six forwards to PRODUCE at even strength.

Callahan has TWO even strength points this season. TWO even strength points in 25 games. While logging 19:40 of ice time per game!!!!!!!!!

Wake up!!

We have a guy earning 7 mil per year, with a no trade clause, and we have him for the remainder of this and next season. He is FAR more important to the team, we NEED him to get going.

Avery - Anisimov - Lisin
Parenteau - Higgins - Callahan

Until Dubinsky is healthy.

Avery - Dubinsky - Lisin
Higgins - Anisimov - Callahan

And the only reason Callahan gets to play above the 4th line is because he is better defensively then Kotalik, and hustles.

Callahan - 2 ES points, 25 games. 19:40 ATOI.
Kotalik - 4 ES points, 24 games. 15:29 ATOI.
I think Drury is signed through the 11/12-season. I've always liked the guy, dispite doing some 7.3 seconds damage to our team. I think giving him the C was a huge mistake, he lost his offence after that.

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 07:01 PM
satrabyk

When Dubi gets back i wouldint mind seen something like Avery Dubi Gaborik, Callahan Prospal Higgins, Lisin/Drury Anisimov Kotalik, Brasher Boyle Drury/Lisin

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 07:09 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
These lines were used in lastnights game and didn't produce jack. Take out Duby and thats what we saw lastnight.
Ya but when u put Avery on that line for a shift or two, what can u expect. Also did gaborik not get somewhat of a breakway and tripped up into the net, while on with Avery. Those two seem to have potential i'd give them a serious chance. In all honesty who did we have end up playing first line last year, it was Avery Dubi and Ant which worked quite well almost got us throught th series. This year same idea excpet we have gaborik instead of Antro on that line.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 07:15 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Its not about a reaction to them not scoring last night. Its about the fact that no other lines are. You cannot be a 1 line team in the NHL and right now were all about Prospal and Gabby. If they dont score we lose.
Well lets not take away the one line that is scoring. Prospal's not exactly another Gaborik, I don't think his production will remain off of Gaborik's line. And I'm sure that Gaborik's production will take a dive if he has to get comfortable with another player.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Also a very interesting idea. But then we got all the playmakers on one line?

These other guys need to step up with goals

Calling Capt Clutch, Higgins, Lisin, Cally, Avery, Boyle, Brash, Voros and Dubi (upon return)!!!!! Get with the program and start scoring some goals! Or leave the island of Manhattan.

Kotalik and AA get a bit of slack here - especially AA being a rookie and looking at 35-40 pts with limited icetime so far...

And yeah - Kotalik is God awful 5 on 5. Here +/- is telling the truth...
A play maker on a line with no one who can finish is a waste. We have a finisher in Gaborik, so play him with the set up guys and ride him even more it's our only hope until the secondary scoring shows up.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:50 AM
js10

Higgins on the first line? absolutely NOT!! The guy is playing his own offense, not seeing anyone around. And is absolutely ineffective when shooting.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 12:53 AM
js10

also Avery whenever he plays, we is being run by opponent's defense without any support from referees. that is not contributing to the first line either. they need Dubinsky there!!! I can't wait for his return.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote