HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Canceled - The Great Shark Infestation Bus Trip II - 3/14 Sharks vs Ducks

Old
11-28-2009, 05:02 PM
MetropolisPt31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed Sharks Fan View Post
talking to my hockey teammates now --

i threw out the idea that we get our own bus for a big 25 person group. The team has a lot of gay people and gay guys have a way of putting together fat parties. () Hell I think we'd fill up a 25 person bus but only need about 15 tickets, LOL

edit: but i would prefer to be mixed in with ya'll, cuz half the fun is meeting/partying with the other fans here.
Timberwoof? Is that you?

MetropolisPt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Hey Sharks Fans!

Bus trip to Anaheim to see the Sharks play the Ducks on 3/14
If this trip has a good turnout then maybe a Vancouver trip would be a nice next step.

Sharks fans can catch the Amtrack Coast Starlight out of downtown SJ to Seattle then ferry to Vancouver.

I think there's just a Thu game in March for this year but for long range planning this might be a cool idea.

CasualFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
rmurphey15

Sharks VS Ducks March 14th

I am highly interested and will get a ticket for sure.. Where do I make the payment, and what is the process to go to the game March 14th?

rmurphey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
okay, I'm realllyy very interesting in this now... when will it be too late to sign up for this? I'm broke as **** but I so wanna go

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINARSENAL16 View Post
Does anyone have a huge sharks flag like this one,wich we could hang off the upper deck?haha

Or like this?

Thats in Ottawa. I think thats the only place that does it. All the cheerleaders organize it.... The flag has all kind of holes in it for obvious reasons, but it is not that much fun when your under it.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Berto2k

Anyone know what time the visiting team arrives to the arena? If we get there early enough, maybe we can gather around the player parking lot and welcome them in?

Berto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:22 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto2k View Post
Anyone know what time the visiting team arrives to the arena? If we get there early enough, maybe we can gather around the player parking lot and welcome them in?
Well since the Sharks are playing Saturday night at home against Florida (yet a 1pm game). Odds are they will fly in that night for a morning Practice or they will fly in Sunday morning and arrive say 10am or noon that day. But don't quote me on that one.

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Berto2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
Well since the Sharks are playing Saturday night at home against Florida (yet a 1pm game). Odds are they will fly in that night for a morning Practice or they will fly in Sunday morning and arrive say 10am or noon that day. But don't quote me on that one.
Don't teams usually go back to their hotel after their morning skate though? I'm thinking of when they come back for the game.

Old
11-30-2009, 11:17 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Don't teams usually go back to their hotel after their morning skate though? I'm thinking of when they come back for the game.
I doubt they are doing a hotel cause it's only an hour flight plus on Tuesday they are at Dallas. So odds are after the game they are straight on a plane to Dallas.

So 5pm game on Sunday they will probably arrive at the arena say 1 or 2pm maybe. Each time my friend sees them play in Phoenix they arrive to the rink in the am no matter the time of the game. (FYI).

Old
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Berto2k

Quote:
I doubt they are doing a hotel cause it's only an hour flight plus on Tuesday they are at Dallas. So odds are after the game they are straight on a plane to Dallas.

So 5pm game on Sunday they will probably arrive at the arena say 1 or 2pm maybe. Each time my friend sees them play in Phoenix they arrive to the rink in the am no matter the time of the game. (FYI).
Hmm true. And since it an earlier game they will have plenty of time to get to LAX which doesn't have residential restrictions like SJ. Oh wells.

Old
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Hmm true. And since it an earlier game they will have plenty of time to get to LAX which doesn't have residential restrictions like SJ. Oh wells.
They fly into John Wayne (Santa Ana) which is like 20 minutes to the arena. (if they don't, then driving an hour from LAX to the OC is redonkulous!

Old
11-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Berto2k

Quote:
They fly into John Wayne (Santa Ana) which is like 20 minutes to the arena. (if they don't, then driving an hour from LAX to the OC is redonkulous!
LOL yikes. Ya that would make more sense lol.

Old
11-30-2009, 06:04 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
If this trip has a good turnout then maybe a Vancouver trip would be a nice next step.

Sharks fans can catch the Amtrack Coast Starlight out of downtown SJ to Seattle then ferry to Vancouver.

I think there's just a Thu game in March for this year but for long range planning this might be a cool idea.
The ferry takes you to Victoria, not Vancouver. You'd then have to take a ferry from Victoria across to the mainland, then get to Vancouver via bus/taxi. It'll take way too long. You're better off flying up to Bellingham if you can, then get a bus to come across the border to Vancouver. No matter how it would probably require a hotel for the night too.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
The ferry takes you to Victoria, not Vancouver. You'd then have to take a ferry from Victoria across to the mainland, then get to Vancouver via bus/taxi. It'll take way too long. You're better off flying up to Bellingham if you can, then get a bus to come across the border to Vancouver. No matter how it would probably require a hotel for the night too.
Probably cheaper to fly into YVR than BLI, plus it's probably easier to do customs at the airport than a border crossing. I've got a couple of cousins in Vancouver,a dozen relatives in B'ham, and a couple of family cabins on Lummi Island. Lodging is never an issue

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
CupfortheSharks

I'd be interested in taking this to the next level with an overnight plane trip to Vancouver. I've only been there once.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:32 PM
68 Z-28

Quote:
Probably cheaper to fly into YVR than BLI, plus it's probably easier to do customs at the airport than a border crossing. I've got a couple of cousins in Vancouver,a dozen relatives in B'ham, and a couple of family cabins on Lummi Island. Lodging is never an issue
I technically have family on Vancouver Island. Reason I say technically is cause it's my brothers wife's family and i've never met any of them.

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
I've flown though Vancouver a few times. Be advised, its BIG and unwieldy, don't you dare try getting there one hour before departure cause you'll get lost and miss your flight

Other than that, its a nice airport

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:08 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

So if I splurge on tickets and sit lower bowl at the Scum Pond, the ticktes are 106 bucks each Row H Center Ice on the Players Bench side.

Anyone think that if Anacrime keeps tanking that they might lower the price? HA HA.

So is this trip for all you guys and gals in SJ becoming a reality? Since nothing was finer than seeing all the teal taking over the Duck Pond and the restaurant/bars too boot!

Old
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
royale

Quote:
So if I splurge on tickets and sit lower bowl at the Scum Pond, the ticktes are 106 bucks each Row H Center Ice on the Players Bench side.

Anyone think that if Anacrime keeps tanking that they might lower the price? HA HA.

So is this trip for all you guys and gals in SJ becoming a reality? Since nothing was finer than seeing all the teal taking over the Duck Pond and the restaurant/bars too boot!
haha remember you thought I was joking when I told you I m bringing 65 Sharks fans over to the Lazy Dog....

royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Berto2k

Quote:
It'll happen for me. I'll email in to work sick or something that morning as I won't have enough time to go home change/shower and then drive back up to Fremont. I'll have a new phone and could prob do it from the bus lol.

Old
12-02-2009, 03:26 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
It'll happen for me. I'll email in to work sick or something that morning as I won't have enough time to go home change/shower and then drive back up to Fremont. I'll have a new phone and could prob do it from the bus lol.
Just tell em you've got a gastrointensial issue with your stomach and they cant question it. You'll be solid!

Old
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
zombiekopitor
GOALdobin

vCash: 100
Ill hopefully be going to Vancouver to see USA play Switzerland so idk if I could save up money to go a month later, but I might be in

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:19 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner View Post
Ill hopefully be going to Vancouver to see USA play Switzerland so idk if I could save up money to go a month later, but I might be in
Do it! Just don't buy beer for like a month and you'll have enough money for the bus ride and the tickets right?

Old
12-04-2009, 02:32 PM
YouJustGotPavelskied

Quote:
Do it! Just don't buy beer for like a month and you'll have enough money for the bus ride and the tickets right?
Ludicrous. This man is hysterical.

YouJustGotPavelskied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
zombiekopitor
GOALdobin

vCash: 100
Quote:
heh well since im technically not allowed to drink yet you can just replace beer with weeee...umm food; if I have a job by then (knock on wood)it really shouldnt be that hard to save up the gas money and just drive up there and pay whoever on the forum so I can sit with the Shark crew...would be a good time, I love vancouver...what is the likleness of this coming together, it seems a little far fetched... im in the process of buying the USA Swiss tickets, sooo stoked, Swiss is going to be a very fun team to watch and will be a good test for USA and it opens up the tournament I hope Pavs and Ryan play on a line

edit: ohh wait I will be old enough to drink in Canada by March yehhhh

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote