HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WSH 4 MTL 3: Tough loss

Old
11-28-2009, 09:37 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
If this team starts the year healthy they make the playoffs. Unfortunately losing Markov and Gionta for a long stretch is not helping us as well as missing Gomez and Akost. We're really short on scoring depth and yet we still compete.
Not only in the playoffs, but likely competing for the division. No lower then 6th with good healthy.

I love what I'm seeing from this team, it's been a long time since I saw a Montreal team play with such heart.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
They just signed him to a huge contract a year ago, I just can't see it. Wasn't this a hockeybuzz rumor anyway?

We need to beat the Leafs convincingly on Tuesday to make up for this game and then take 1 of the 2 games against the Sabres and Bruins.
Agreed they have to pound the Leafs!
Montreal matches up well vs Buffalo and Boston is without Lucic so 6 points isn't out of reach butI'd be happy with 4 of 6!

Gomez and Pouliot are supposed to be ready to go by Tuesday. Meaning Wyman and Leach will get sent back.

Cammalleri Plekanec Sergei
Pouliot Gomez MaxPac
White Metro Moen
Chipchra Lapierre Pyatt

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 09:38 PM
MicroFracture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Price was subpar tonight, 3 suspect goals, not solid at all.

With some better positioning on the 1st and 3rd goals, we would've won easily.

Other than that, good effort by the boys.

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I love what I'm seeing from this team, it's been a long time since I saw a Montreal team play with such heart.
It will be interesting to see if it remains the same way once we get some key bodies back. Right now, they don't have a choice to play that way and they have embraced it. It must continue once we get healthier.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 09:45 PM
mbz

Why do they keep sending pleks in the shootout? .. wasnt Skost our best shootout player last year in practices? plus he scored on that penalty shot vs lunqvist a while back.. so why not give him a shot? he had a decent game overall.

mbz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Pyatt and White have earned their spots in the NHL. Doesn't matter what we have to do to make room.

I'll take a subpar team that works its collective ass off every game over a team with all the talent in the world and no heart whatsoever. You need character to win, and these guys have it.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 09:53 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
It will be interesting to see if it remains the same way once we get some key bodies back. Right now, they don't have a choice to play that way and they have embraced it. It must continue once we get healthier.
Also, my only concern.

Although our injured guys are known for their work ethic, I'm not worried about them.. I'm worried about the ones who have stepped up.. We need Sergei and Patches to continue their progression (both are playing tremendous) and we need Hamrlik to stay on board too. He is logging a **** load of minutes and looking superb, Spacek is also quite good. Price too. He's playing like he knows he is going to make or break our season, and clearly it shows. He needs to stay at this level when we have our top guns back.

This team, with solid goaltending, like I said in previous posts and others have also said, are easily a playoff-caliber team. My only fear is that this season is already a write off.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

**** you Dallas.

Old
11-28-2009, 10:06 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Disappointing loss. We came out flat in the 1st, but then in the 2nd and 3rd, we controlled the tempo of the game, and when we got our first lead in the third, I loved how we controlled the puck and protected the lead. It was the late penalty that absolutely killed us though.

So close to two points, but, I'll live with the one, just because of the effort out of the game. One of our better games of the year.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:

Come on man. I know you're still a little bitter over Huet, but the Price hating has got to stop.

3 suspect goals?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:12 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Can't wait for this team to get healthy...

Cammalleri-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn
S.Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen
Pyatt-Lapierre-Pouliot

Markov-O'Byrne
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges-Mara
Gill

ORGASMIC!

Now imagine this lineup healthy + with the current work ethic.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Turboflex*

Uhg terrible game by Plekanec, dude was just not on tonight.

Cleanly losing key face offs, missing open nets, making ridiculously stupid cross ice passes...If he played decent habs woulda won.

Tough loss but w/e at least it was an entertaining game, gutsy, and habs fought hard, got a point.

3rd goal Price didn't look great letting it in 5 hole on rebound..but people blaming him are just wow..considering the blown coverage and how many times he bailed out the team with amazing saves.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Uhg terrible game by Plekanec, dude was just not on tonight.

Cleanly losing key face offs, missing open nets, making ridiculously stupid cross ice passes...If he played decent habs woulda won.

Tough loss but w/e at least it was an entertaining game, gutsy, and habs fought hard, got a point.

3rd goal Price didn't look great letting it in 5 hole on rebound..but people blaming him are just wow..considering the blown coverage and how many times he bailed out the team with amazing saves.
The 3rd goal he made the save on the one timer...horrible blunder to leave somebody all alone on the rebound, if you are to cover anybody it's the guy right in front.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Can't wait for this team to get healthy...

Cammalleri-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn
S.Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen
Pyatt-Lapierre-Pouliot
IMO, White before Pyatt.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:21 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKmtl View Post
Martin is going to have some tough decisions to make if our team gets healthy.

I don't know how you can scratch or demote White/Pyatt the way they are playing, and we have 3 extra forwards by my count in Dager/Pouliot/Laraque.
Assume Markov is last remaining player on IR.
Return Wyman to Hamilton.
Waive Laraque and hope he is taken, or trade him, or McGillisize him.
Trade Gill and Chipchura.
Send D'Agostini on a 2-week conditioning stint in Hamilton, after making VERY SURE he is FULLY recovered from that very serious knee injury.
Leave Stewart in Hamilton.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:22 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Noticed:

1. Plekanec lost most if not all his important faceoffs. He needs to work on this or we need to use Metro more in critical situations until Gomez comes back.
2. Cammalleri first on shoot out missed for a second time in a row.
3. Plekanec was never really good in shoot out, it showed tonight.
4. Price wasn't as solid as in previous games, even though he made good key saves. Fatigue?
5. Pacioretty had an intense game with 18 minutes, doesn't have the hands though, but still very intense.
6. Sergei was invisible even with 16 minutes of ice time.
7. Bergeron is showing more confidence in his own end as time goes. Credit JM and/or Perry Pearn for that?
8. I haven't seen Leach on the ice all game. With around 1 minute of ice time, I'm still questioning why we claimed him off waivers.
9. Following on the Leach 1 minute, why would Stewart be worst exactly?

And ...

Latendresse just scored his first goal in a Wild Jersey

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:22 PM
prairie hab

This board is too happy with the "moral victories" lately.

We had this game bagged if it weren't for a bad coaching decision and weak effort from #14. You have to have two centremen on in that situation with 14 seconds left and a key faceoff in the defensive zone, shorthanded nonetheless. Pleks needed to "cheat" on that faceoff as best he could, scramble it, cover the puck up, anything - he got tied up way too easily and the Washington centreman just kicked the puck back to the top of the circle, getting it over to sexy ugly.

Pleks in the shootout made no sense to me either. The guys is less than 10% on shootouts! S. Kost, MaxPac, and White would have been better candidates.

*Even though we were the benefit of a loser point tonight, I HATE THIS SYSTEM. This is the league's solution to create "parity". LOSER = LOSS. Teams like the Leafs, Isles and Lightning would be much farther down the standing s without this crutch.

Why don't they just give a point to a team who loses by one goal regardless of the time frame? That's essentially what this stupid rule entails. Not a true indicator of standings, and takes away from teams really going after a win in regulation if tied with under 5:00 left in a game.

CHANGE THIS RULE NOW!

I suggest:
2pts for win
1 pt for shootout win
0 pts for loss (in regulation, OT, and shootout)

prairie hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Maximus Taylor

Was at the game, right next to Price. That Ovy shot was just a laser beam. No one could have stopped that.

And kudos on White having the balls to slide to stop a shot, and then getting speared for his effort.

The Washington defence was just laughable... seriously, at some point in the second period, they were just being outworked and outmanned by guys like Pyatt, White and Metro. Pretty ridiculous. Can't believe Chipchura was on the powerplay too. The place was just dead after the second goal, but you can see how Martin is a good coach by implementing something with players who actually want to work.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Riquelme

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Noticed:

6. Sergei was invisible even with 16 minutes of ice time.
Sergei was invisible? He made numerous good plays.

Riquelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Hey guys!

After two weeks of the Washington game on HNIC have you been underwhelmed with their play?

Montreal is going to be a playoff team when Markov gets back. Seems to be finding a way to keep in games and keep around the 8th spot.

Cheers!

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:37 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riquelme View Post
Sergei was invisible? He made numerous good plays.
Unless you consider touching the puck in the corner a good play or trying to go to the net without the puck, he was nearly invisible to me. Actually I noticed his play in his own zone in the first where the caps had the habs there for nearly 5 minutes. I don't blame him though, everyone sucked in the first.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Unless you consider touching the puck in the corner a good play or trying to go to the net without the puck, he was nearly invisible to me. Actually I noticed his play in his own zone in the first where the caps had the habs there for nearly 5 minutes. I don't blame him though, everyone sucked in the first.

Agreed, he looked lost in the offensive zone tonight

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Hey guys!

After two weeks of the Washington game on HNIC have you been underwhelmed with their play?
Very underwhelmed. They are so loose defensively at times and just seem to lack focus.

Pittsburgh is the best team in the East and it's not even close right now.

Old
11-28-2009, 10:51 PM
mucker*

Who else had the 'pleasure' of going?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:54 PM
holyhabs

Quote:

lol do you watch any games outside of the habs?

seems like every goal price gives up is bad on this board. its ridiculous. poor positioning, no rebound control, to slow on his lateral movement, on his knees too early etc.

if habs had scored the first it would be a great deflection by someone willing to pay the price in front of the net. but here a tip 3 feet from the net is poor positioning. also VERY slow reflexes dont you think?

and obviously the 2nd was a terrible goal gievn up to an ahl caliber player who we have never seen score from that exact spot on many other goalies in the league!

i guess i can give you the third but we probably wouldnt be talking about it had someone taken the guy in front of the net or mara doesnt take a stupid penalty when the play is away from the call.

and the habs now only have 1 goal in their last 12 shootout attempts. blame price for that too!

holyhabs is online now   Reply With Quote