HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD12 Jim Robson Quarterfinals: 2 New Jersey Swamp Devils vs. 7 Kenora Thistles

Old
11-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Leafs Forever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by papershoes View Post
according to "ultimate hockey", mcgee would have won two retro harts (take it for what it's worth).

interestingly, mike grant and harry trihey were also in line to win two harts each...
Hmm, didn't know that. Considering McGee's strong peak, not out of the question. Not nearly as valuable as the real thing, but does hold value.

Leafs Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 10:19 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Forever View Post
Let's keep in mind that the 14 goals in one game, although impressive, came against what was really a very weak team who really shouldn't have challenged the Silver seven. The team just really wasn't near that level.

Ovechkin plays LW, the least depthful forward position, while McGee plays centre, the most depthful forward position. Ovechkin also likely gets the competition edge as well. We also tend to know somewhat more abnout the Ovechkin dominance; would McGee have won 2 harts?

Not that McGee isn't a great player (Had him before), or not somewhat underrated.
Also, although 4 years is short no matter what, McGee's career wasn't THAT much different from that of an average star player at that particular point. Ernie Russell, Tommy Phillips, Marty Walsh, Hod Stuart, Russell Bowie.... and so on. I'd say McGee's 4 year career back then, is like a 9-year career now.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:16 PM
God Bless Canada

New Jersey wins the best-of-seven first round series 4-2.

Three stars:
1. Bobby Orr
2. Red Kelly
3. Joe Malone

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 01:55 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
New Jersey wins the best-of-seven first round series 4-2.

Three stars:
1. Bobby Orr
2. Red Kelly
3. Joe Malone
This one was my most likely upset for the Robson (I also had St-Georges, but it was really two even teams). The Robson, as a whole, featured much closer series than the Hewitt, with this one seeming the easiest call of them. Oh well, got that one wrong, it seems. Had I not forgotten to vote for regular season, Kenora might probably have finished higher (if a 2nd place would have made a difference).

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 02:28 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Thanks for the great series, papershoes. I really like my team, but I was definitely worried about facing a team with such a strong playoff pedigree in the first round.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
This one was my most likely upset for the Robson (I also had St-Georges, but it was really two even teams). The Robson, as a whole, featured much closer series than the Hewitt, with this one seeming the easiest call of them. Oh well, got that one wrong, it seems. Had I not forgotten to vote for regular season, Kenora might probably have finished higher (if a 2nd place would have made a difference).
I had Kenora pretty high as well; 2nd or 3rd. I had New Jersey in 1st though....

Dreakmur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 03:40 PM
papershoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Thanks for the great series, papershoes. I really like my team, but I was definitely worried about facing a team with such a strong playoff pedigree in the first round.
you too - congrats on the win...

papershoes is online now   Reply With Quote