HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So who's playing themselves into a trade

Old
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Girardi and a lower pick could fetch us Pominville imo.
who flies under alot of peoples radars, but can still put up the points. Not only that but maybe getting him could get Drury to spark too. They played in Buffalo together, just saying.

I say yes to this.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
who flies under alot of peoples radars, but can still put up the points. Not only that but maybe getting him could get Drury to spark too. They played in Buffalo together, just saying.

I say yes to this.
I would too, but I'm sorry for bursting all of your bubbles now, but Pominville has a whopping $5 million per season as a cap hit. It wouldn't fit cap wise.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 10:16 PM
darko

Quote:

Cap issues. Pomi has a 5.3 mill cap figure next to his name and is under contract for another 4 seasons after this one.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 10:30 PM
PrincetonRanger

I'll take Nathan Horton please

PrincetonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:14 PM
mullichicken25

To answer the question posed in the thread title:

anyone not named Gaborik, Del Zotto, or Staal (yup i still think Staal is close to untradeable)

for the right return i think anyone on this team can go and yes that includes Henrik (but only for an extra NASTY return)

personally, I feel that we should be sellers at the deadline and try to shop the following players, these are the guys that I feel the team can live without in future seasons and could probably get us decent returns

Prospal
Higgins
Callahan
Lisin
Girardi

Also, Drury or Rozsival would be great to move, but far far more difficult

I'd honestly hesitate to move redden but if i solid offer comes along we can't pass up the opportunity to move his contract

so in one post I suggested both getting rid of some beloved players and retaining Redden....flame away

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I can only name 2 forwards on this team generating more scoring chances than Higgins. If this sucky player is getting more opportunity's than his peers, what does that say about them?

Higgins was struggling real bad early in the season. He was terrible, actually. But his game has elevated significantly.

Right now the only problem with Higgins' game, is his lack of scoring. He's hitting the post, or getting robbed, or catching the puck on an angle, etc.. He's snake-bitten. But he's playing good hockey. He's forcing turnovers, winning 1-on-1 battles, and so on. He also has been close to terrific defensively.

How many other players on this roster can you say this about?

I appreciate the finer points of hockey Higgins isn't even that good at those.
. . . .

. . . . . .

Instead, you whine about Lisin not getting ice-time. Lisin. We traded Korpikoski, for a one-dimensional player who does have offensive tools, but rarely displays them.

I've seen plenty of Envers kind. They put up a couple of sexy youtube highlights, and you guys ultimately fall in love with them because you think that's what Hockey is about.

If you honestly believe Higgins is worthless, then explain to me how he's averaged over 20G a year throughout his career? Don't hate him for not being a great 1st line player. Learn to appreciate the finer details in the game before calling a pretty good two-way NHL player, worthless.
I can name 12 players who are converting on there scoring chances more often than Higgins so that point is basically moot. Who cares if the guy takes 12 bad angle shots and has 7 wrap around attempts a game he isn't converting them into points.

Petr Prucha scored 30 once, so did Radek Dvorak and numerous other NHL scrubs.

Point to ONE post where I support Lisin at all, other than sarcasm. I never said anything positive about Lisin, in fact he was on the same list as Higgins when I called players out for being worthless.

I enjoy the finer points of Hockey, Higgins simply isn't very good at those either.

Last edited by Barbara Underhill: 11-29-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 12:23 AM
SouvenirCity

How bout Dustin Penner?

I know its a stretch, but he has rejuvenated his game this year. He looks like the Penner that garnered that ridiculous offer sheet, and with Hemsky out, I could definitely see him being moved in an attempt to shoot for next season. If you can work a way to send a Potter/Sauer/Dupont level spec, Rozsival's contract, and a mid-round pick (3/4), it could be a very enticing offer.

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 01:46 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
How bout Dustin Penner?

I know its a stretch, but he has rejuvenated his game this year. He looks like the Penner that garnered that ridiculous offer sheet, and with Hemsky out, I could definitely see him being moved in an attempt to shoot for next season. If you can work a way to send a Potter/Sauer/Dupont level spec, Rozsival's contract, and a mid-round pick (3/4), it could be a very enticing offer.
Why would they have any interest in this proposal? They have Gilbert, Souray, and Visnovsky. They have absolutely no interest in Rozsival.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 02:44 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Why would they have any interest in this proposal? They have Gilbert, Souray, and Visnovsky. They have absolutely no interest in Rozsival.
Dustin "the fat boy" Penner is a good idea, but Rozsival would have to be moved elsewhere

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 03:33 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Why is everyone mentioning fowards, am I the only one that think we need a tough veteran blueliner who can clear the crease?

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 04:12 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Why is everyone mentioning fowards, am I the only one that think we need a tough veteran blueliner who can clear the crease?
Because just one won't do the trick we'd be better off trying to force one of our current d-men into that role, while just one top-6 winger could add a new dimension to the line up.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 05:01 AM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Quote:
I want no part of Pominville. He has been mediocre for more than a year now and has too high of a cap hit.

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
trading rejects will earn you more rejects.

time has come to put the b...s on the line, last roll of dice for the Slats regime:

Start think the unthinkable...the only way we get better is to wait to see if our young d will grow some muscle.....OR.....trade Lundquist for a genuine no 1 Center.

Nobody will take Drury at 7 million, you can forget about that trade. Nobody will take
Avery or Rosival.

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 11-30-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:29 AM
shon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
To answer the question posed in the thread title:

anyone not named Gaborik, Del Zotto, or Staal (yup i still think Staal is close to untradeable)

for the right return i think anyone on this team can go and yes that includes Henrik (but only for an extra NASTY return)

personally, I feel that we should be sellers at the deadline and try to shop the following players, these are the guys that I feel the team can live without in future seasons and could probably get us decent returns

Prospal
Higgins
Callahan
Lisin
Girardi

Also, Drury or Rozsival would be great to move, but far far more difficult

I'd honestly hesitate to move redden but if i solid offer comes along we can't pass up the opportunity to move his contract

so in one post I suggested both getting rid of some beloved players and retaining Redden....flame away
Any one who gets traded will be estastic to get away from Torts.
He has taken the passion and fun out of the game . watch the guys faces and expressions on the ice and on the bench. I think they hate him.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon View Post
Any one who gets traded will be estastic to get away from Torts.
He has taken the passion and fun out of the game . watch the guys faces and expressions on the ice and on the bench. I think they hate him.
what ? you're kidding right ?

how bout this idea.

play better.

then its fun again.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

The trade may not even really address the Rangers personel needs. A clear cut upgrade to the blueline might not be available. A real upgrade to the top 6 who can finish may not be there...

The trade may simply function as a message to the players they need to play better or you may get shipped out.

No matter how long these guys are playing the game its a sobering day to arrive at practice and see your teammates empty locker.

11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Higgins... Get him the **** outta here. Watching him blow chance after chance is getting old.
My sentiments exactly, this guy couldn't score if the net was 10' wide...Staal has been horrible, Rosizval, Lisin, Drury...etc...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I agree, but he's gotta come cheap in terms of cap hit. This team would do well with a player who fills the role that Strudwick did a few seasons back.

Better players than Lisin, Voros, Boyle and Brashear have cleared waivers this season. Hard to imagine anyone's interested, or that you're going to bring back a player that makes any more of an impact.

I still think Dubinsky is the team's best trading chip. His first 5 games back could be his chance to either be the solution to the problems up front, or be dealt for that solution.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I still think Dubinsky is the team's best trading chip. His first 5 games back could be his chance to either be the solution to the problems up front, or be dealt for that solution.
Agreed. I'd be curious to know what his value is around the league. He had another hot start but once he moved off the top unit, he proved that he's not the type to carry his line.

The kid drives me nuts. Shows so many flashes of being the real deal, and then he just disappears.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Agreed. I'd be curious to know what his value is around the league. He had another hot start but once he moved off the top unit, he proved that he's not the type to carry his line.

The kid drives me nuts. Shows so many flashes of being the real deal, and then he just disappears.
I think Dubinsky is our best chip, for sure. I also think it would be a bad idea to unload him. Showing the flashes from time to time is better than disappearing all the time, which has happened to about half this roster.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I agree, but he's gotta come cheap in terms of cap hit. This team would do well with a player who fills the role that Strudwick did a few seasons back.

Better players than Lisin, Voros, Boyle and Brashear have cleared waivers this season. Hard to imagine anyone's interested, or that you're going to bring back a player that makes any more of an impact.

The Semenov situation hurt this team in many ways.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:28 AM
SouvenirCity

Don't see the need to move Dubinsky before players like Callahan, Sanguinetti, or McDonagh. Our offensive pool is so weak at the center position, that losing Dubes would hurt now, and hurt in the long run even more. I hope that was the reasoning behind not including him in a Heatley deal.

Imagine: Heatley - Prospal - Gaborik. Looking back, don't you wish we made a Dubinsky + Zherdev + Spec Deal?

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think Dubinsky is our best chip, for sure. I also think it would be a bad idea to unload him. Showing the flashes from time to time is better than disappearing all the time, which has happened to about half this roster.
Well that's why I think he's our best trading chip. If you can package him to a team that needs a shakeup for a guy who is historically more consistent, or perhaps has more overall upside and a greater chance of realizing it, then you should make the move.

Teams make panic deals from time to time, Sather should be able to take advantage of that as Dubinsky is the sort of player teams would covet in that situation. Maybe JD starts to sweat and calls up looking for Dubi in exchange for Berglund. Yeah I know it's far fetched, but I can dream, right?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:34 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I'd actually think Girardi could get moved...
Don't make change for the sake of making change...

This isn't a video game. Continuity is extremely important in all sports. When you get in the habit of screwing up continuity, you will not win championships.

If that means you go a season or two without making trades then you do it.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
js10

The only problem I have with Higgins is that someone should sit with him and explain that hockey is a collective sport. Now he is the phase, that he needs to score for himself and not contributing to the whole line. Only then he gets real scoring chances back that will end up in the net.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote