HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 26 | Dallas Stars @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D (HD) |

Old
11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

vCash: 500
pp let's score on this one! c'mon

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 08:38 PM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

Big Bert got a goal tonight?

Old
11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Bert scores Bert scores /happy dance.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Yemack

Howard's been pretty solid tonight.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 08:53 PM
12YearExtension

Howard allowing 1 goal on 30 shots... and the SV% continues to go up...

Becoming a big fan of the kid.

12YearExtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 08:55 PM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

nice win!! 4-1 final We got offense finally!!

Old
11-30-2009, 09:01 PM
detredWINgs

Howard looked pretty good. Still a little shaky on some of those rebounds, but the confidence and positioning are about as good as you can ask for from him at this stage.

The lines looked good, but we got a lot of breaks tonight against a Dallas team that wasn't playing too well.

This is about what I've come to expect from the Wings. They're gonna need the breaks in order to score 4 goals a game, but they'll take them.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:03 PM
jacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12YearExtension View Post
Howard allowing 1 goal on 30 shots... and the SV% continues to go up...

Becoming a big fan of the kid.
haven't you been paying attention around here?
we need to waive/trade him, he's never going to be an NHL goaltender. people around here knew he was trash after his first 2-3 games... can't believe you don't see it.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:03 PM
12YearExtension

Considering last game against the Stars, seems like things even out.

Old
11-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
haven't you been paying attention around here?
we need to waive/trade him, he's never going to be an NHL goaltender. people around here knew he was trash after his first 2-3 games... can't believe you don't see it.
I'm proud to say that I've believed in him the whole time.. Its still early, but he's starting to look really good.. I'm obviosuly not calling him our future starter yet, but I think he is proving that he at least belongs in the NHL.. If thats as a starter or backup remains to be seen..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Filppula
Jurks

Why didn't Eaves play???

Great to see Howard with yet another strong game.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:23 PM
shealy04

Helmer with another goal... how has he been looking lately? I'm a big fan of his.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:24 PM
12YearExtension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Why didn't Eaves play???

Great to see Howard with yet another strong game.
Think he had a slight ankle injury.

Also, agree Redwingsfan, Howard is becoming more and more impressive. Like Is aid earlier, he's a couple more solid wins away from becoming our starter, or at least playing 40+ games with confidence(had to say that for you know who ).

Old
11-30-2009, 09:28 PM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

I'm delighted to see another win. But I want to see more of these kind of results to have confidence for a contender status.

I was not able to see the game so can someone tell me, who played well, who didn't and any 'special' moments in the game? I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Yemack

It is too early to crown Howard though. If he can do this for most of this season then nobody would object. (if he can manage his rebound control that is)

And that is a fair assessment period for anyone, I believe. Mind you, Howard never blew anyone's mind with his ability (except some of you I guess) before this season and had a disasterous start this season. If people had doubts about him, I would say they weren't overreacting by any means. But If some people are trying to rub it in after one or two good games, I would say that is kind of an overreaction.

So basically those people are throwing dirts at each other.. but they just have different ideas on things.

Old
11-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:
Think he had a slight ankle injury.

Also, agree Redwingsfan, Howard is becoming more and more impressive. Like Is aid earlier, he's a couple more solid wins away from becoming our starter, or at least playing 40+ games with confidence(had to say that for you know who ).
Ah yes, just read he was going to be a game time decision due to an ankle injury.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 09:58 PM
12YearExtension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
It is too early to crown Howard though. If he can do this for most of this season then nobody would object. (if he can manage his rebound control that is)

And that is a fair assessment period for anyone, I believe. Mind you, Howard never blew anyone's mind with his ability (except some of you I guess) before this season and had a disasterous start this season. If people had doubts about him, I would say they weren't overreacting by any means. But If some people are trying to rub it in after one or two good games, I would say that is kind of an overreaction.

So basically those people are throwing dirts at each other.. but they just have different ideas on things.
I'm not throwing anything in anyones face. I hated the team at the start, wasnt impressed with Howard, but over the past 6 or 7 games, I've been really impressed. his stats keep getting better, he keeps getting settled in, and if he was posting these stats on a different team he'd be getting more fanfare.

I really think he can become the starter, and it seems if Ozzy keeps sucking, he's gotta be the guy playing 50 games, but we will see how Ozzy responds.

Old
11-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Yemack

Quote:
I'm not throwing anything in anyones face. I hated the team at the start, wasnt impressed with Howard, but over the past 6 or 7 games, I've been really impressed. his stats keep getting better, he keeps getting settled in, and if he was posting these stats on a different team he'd be getting more fanfare.

I really think he can become the starter, and it seems if Ozzy keeps sucking, he's gotta be the guy playing 50 games, but we will see how Ozzy responds.
Actually I'm still not sold on him but more games like this makes a believer out of people including me.

On a same note, I thought Meech played a strong game.

Old
11-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
I loved watching the DVR of this game. Great effort all around and a solid, solid game for J-How. I think he earned the Thursday start... but I see Babs giving it to Ozzy and playing Jimmy on one of the upcoming back-to-backs.

Bob Probert Owns You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 10:31 PM
jacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post

people said exactly what i posted, and then some. i'm not going to do any digging for it, they know who they are and they know what they said. suffice it to say, it was a severe overreaction.

i'm not overreacting to a couple of good games for him, and like RWF said, this is by no means an indication that he's a solution to all of our problems in net for the next decade (or even 50 games.) i'm merely pointing out that those who thought he didn't have good, NHL-quality goaltending in him, are dead wrong.

jacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK View Post
people said exactly what i posted, and then some. i'm not going to do any digging for it, they know who they are and they know what they said. suffice it to say, it was a severe overreaction.

i'm not overreacting to a couple of good games for him, and like RWF said, this is by no means an indication that he's a solution to all of our problems in net for the next decade (or even 50 games.) i'm merely pointing out that those who thought he didn't have good, NHL-quality goaltending in him, are dead wrong.
My previous comment wasn't really directed squarely at you but more like this never ending *****fest about the goalies among Wings fans.

I think some of you are taking things way too 'personal' when it comes to our goalies. It looks as if there is no middle ground but just two extremes. what was that line in StarWars 'only the sith deals w/ extremes'?

I've said alot of dumb things during the games so I shouldn't be the one talking about sensible things but....this is exactly what I meant. Some of you are overreacting on overreacting fans. So in a sense, it's just about the guys that share similar traits but just different ideas.

As for if Howard has it in him, it remains to be seen and I wish I'm 'dead wrong' about it. No offence to you jacK or anyone in Howard's camp.

Old
12-01-2009, 12:32 AM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
Helmer with another goal... how has he been looking lately? I'm a big fan of his.
same as usual:

very energetic, creates pressure with his speed, forechecking and tenacity. good on the boards. not much of a finisher. a bit too careless in his own end.

a bright spot on a team that seems usually fatigued.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:46 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
same as usual:

very energetic, creates pressure with his speed, forechecking and tenacity. good on the boards. not much of a finisher. a bit too careless in his own end.

a bright spot on a team that seems usually fatigued.
He's got to work on this.
He's a great forechecker. But he's not strong in his own end.

And that, friends, is why some forwards are energy line players (Helm) and others are checking line players (Draper, back in the day).

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 02:27 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Howard sucks

Good win and Howard starts next game

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 08:51 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Wow, not a lot of comments for a (finally) entertaining, dominating performance. Guess we don't have much to complain about after this one, right?

Howard made some really big saves in this one. The goal was tipped 5 feet from him because Cleary ole'd the shot block and Lidstrom stood there watching instead of tying up Morrow's stick. He did make a mistake or two that didn't cost him, but overall another very strong performance.

What does this guy have to do to get that Joe crowd to chant his name? Do they just not know what to chant?

Miller's goal was the kind that always seems to go in AGAINST the Wings - nothing fancy, just making a strong hustle play and flinging it at the net from in close. Hustle is going to have to be this team's equalizer until everyone is back healthy, and probably even after that. As long as you're flinging from 8 feet out and not 40, those plays have a pretty good chance of going in the net.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote