HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Jersey Deals--Today only

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2009, 06:31 PM
  #1
Rin
Registered User
 
Rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
Jersey Deals--Today only

With Christmas coming up, I thought it would be a good idea to share these emails I got. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets these, but thought I'd share them anyway.


shop.canada.nhl.com: LAST CHANCE to get FREE Customization on a Jersey - Sale Ends 12/1 at 5:00AM EST, Click Here. The ad in the email also mentions free shipping.

IceJerseys is having "Cyber Monday" where you can get 15% off ANY NHL jersey today only. This promo is not available when using Google Checkout, so be sure to pay with a different option such as paypal. You have until 11:59pm EST.

I can email the promos for these to anyone that wants more details.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 06:37 PM
  #2
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,769
vCash: 500
Hmm, tempting but I think Im getting a jersey for xmas.

I noticed the NHL site has customized hoodies now too, but you cant get players names/numbers? Lame.

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 06:38 PM
  #3
Rin
Registered User
 
Rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Hmm, tempting but I think Im getting a jersey for xmas.

I noticed the NHL site has customized hoodies now too, but you cant get players names/numbers? Lame.

So then how are they customized? Like with our own names on them?

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:08 PM
  #4
jnewton91
Registered User
 
jnewton91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Unfortunately they're out of size L for the retro/home jersey, which I would have to imagine is the most common size. Still, getting a Ryan Stone jersey for only $115 USD is pretty tempting...

jnewton91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
  #5
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,794
vCash: 500
don't get your jersey customized from nhl.com you don't get the sewn on name, its an iron press. just sayin.

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
  #6
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
So then how are they customized? Like with our own names on them?
Yup, thats the only option. Unless you want Hemshky, Pener, or Ganger.

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/product/i...y_bestsell_img

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
  #7
Other Little Mikey
Registered User
 
Other Little Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,846
vCash: 500
The nhl.com store can bite me. I ordered a Christmas present from them one year, early November, and it didn't show up until January, AFTER I harrassed them on the phone for half an hour. Plus the only option for shipping was Purolator, which cost $17, when the item itself cost $25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Yup, thats the only option. Unless you want Hemshky, Pener, or Ganger.

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/product/i...y_bestsell_img
That's not what the fine print says.

Edit: Okay, I tried it and you're right. That's lame.


Last edited by Other Little Mikey: 11-30-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
  #8
thesniper99
Registered User
 
thesniper99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oil Country, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
I orderd a souray shirt for my kid 2 years ago ,on the site it was an oilers shirt. They sent me a habs souray, I called them and they said to return it and I had to pay shipping so I fought for a few minutes and demanded a manager after talking with him he said they would pay for shipping it back but if I wanted to order another one I would have to reorder, that meant I had to pay for shipping again. We live in Vancouver so this was my only choice so I did it. So this time the shirt wouldn't be in time for xmas, so I told my 5 year old at that time it was coming after xmas so be patient it will come. it came in January but guess what they sent me another habs one. I called them again and same thing they would pay for it to be shipped back but if I wanted another I pay shipping again. I sent it back and that was it, I never got a shirt and was out almost $30 for shipping. So if you order from NHL be careful their customer service sucks.

thesniper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:21 AM
  #9
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 50
Ordered my brother a Retro orange Richards jersey today $130, thought that it was a decent deal.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:29 AM
  #10
Muscles Glasses
Registered User
 
Muscles Glasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
don't get your jersey customized from nhl.com you don't get the sewn on name, its an iron press. just sayin.
This.

NHL.com's cresting service is terrible and it looks very tacky. Your best bet if you want your jersey to look good, I would take it to somewhere like Game On Sports, Jersey City, Sports Closet ect. you might be paying more, but the quality is worth it.

Muscles Glasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:32 AM
  #11
kurri_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: K-W
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
With Christmas coming up, I thought it would be a good idea to share these emails I got. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets these, but thought I'd share them anyway.


shop.canada.nhl.com: LAST CHANCE to get FREE Customization on a Jersey - Sale Ends 12/1 at 5:00AM EST, Click Here. The ad in the email also mentions free shipping.

IceJerseys is having "Cyber Monday" where you can get 15% off ANY NHL jersey today only. This promo is not available when using Google Checkout, so be sure to pay with a different option such as paypal. You have until 11:59pm EST.

I can email the promos for these to anyone that wants more details.
Thanks, this is the best deal they offer btw... I've been watching their emails for a few years. The customization has the highest value.

And to the other comments, yes, it's press on and simply adequate.

kurri_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 09:03 AM
  #12
Rin
Registered User
 
Rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
As much as everyone doesn't seem to like the shop.nhl.com site, on Wednesday only they have buy 3 items, get the 4th free.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 09:19 AM
  #13
Starscream
Registered User
 
Starscream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Riverview NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Hmm, tempting but I think Im getting a jersey for xmas.

I noticed the NHL site has customized hoodies now too, but you cant get players names/numbers? Lame.
you can get a greatzky, Messier, ect hoody or a Hall or Seguin hoody

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
  #14
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyCMoney View Post
This.

NHL.com's cresting service is terrible and it looks very tacky. Your best bet if you want your jersey to look good, I would take it to somewhere like Game On Sports, Jersey City, Sports Closet ect. you might be paying more, but the quality is worth it.
Exactly. If you want take advantage of the jersey, but do not get the name put on by them.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.