HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
11-28-2009, 04:23 AM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Rozsival wouldn't be a steal at 1.8 mil. Nevermind 5 or 6 mil.

I would still be conflictedf on spending 1.8 mil on that clown.
I agree Rozy has been brutal so far but why pick on just him? This teams failure will be that average playes are paid way beyond what they bring to the ice, Rozsival is one of these guys but I dont think he's the worst deal in the bunch (hi chris drury and wade redden). We also pay this Kotalik a bit under what we could have brought the still young and learning Zherdev back and he is just a PP guy who other wise plays on the 4th line. When this team fails to make the playoffs I don't wanna hear it's because we had a young blueline or other excuses, the blame should lay right on the doorstep of the guy who made these contract decisions.

In this day and age of the cap you can't have these kind of mistakes, and other gm's have made them. You might be able to eat a bad contract or get lucky to move it somehow (hi gomez) but when half the team is overpaid and not producing that means your gm made multiple mistakes. If our gm's name wasn't Glen Sather he would have been fired multiple times already for some of these moves.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I agree Rozy has been brutal so far but why pick on just him? This teams failure will be that average playes are paid way beyond what they bring to the ice, Rozsival is one of these guys but I dont think he's the worst deal in the bunch (hi chris drury and wade redden). We also pay this Kotalik a bit under what we could have brought the still young and learning Zherdev back and he is just a PP guy who other wise plays on the 4th line. When this team fails to make the playoffs I don't wanna hear it's because we had a young blueline or other excuses, the blame should lay right on the doorstep of the guy who made these contract decisions.

In this day and age of the cap you can't have these kind of mistakes, and other gm's have made them. You might be able to eat a bad contract or get lucky to move it somehow (hi gomez) but when half the team is overpaid and not producing that means your gm made multiple mistakes. If our gm's name wasn't Glen Sather he would have been fired multiple times already for some of these moves.
Drury and Redden may be paid more than Roszival but I would much rather move Rosy over either of them.

Those two guys, no matter how much overpaid have important roles on the team.

Redden has been our most consistent D-Man this year and I have actually enjoyed his play.

Drury is a leader off the ice and makes this team better when he is in the lineup. Hes never going to make that salary but does what he can and always tries his hardest.

Rosy is slow and unfit for Tort's system. He has never shot the puck even with that rocket of a shot he has and personally I have grown sick of his laziness and unwilling to try new things to improve his play.

Redden>Drury>>>Rosy

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2009, 10:17 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Anyone want to change their vote after tonight's game?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:27 AM
1940rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Anyone want to change their vote after tonight's game?
To tell the truth, Rozi, until that rush by Rupp, was having as good a game as I've seen him play. While that's not saying much, he was noticeably good yesterday, that is, until he backed in virtually to Henrik's crease on that 2nd Rupp goal. Ugh.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:31 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1940rip View Post
To tell the truth, Rozi, until that rush by Rupp, was having as good a game as I've seen him play. While that's not saying much, he was noticeably good yesterday, that is, until he backed in virtually to Henrik's crease on that 2nd Rupp goal. Ugh.
Yeah that was brutal. I don't care if Hank should have had that one... why take the risk in the first place?

In general though, the whole defense has not been standing guys up. The other teams forwards have dictated the game just about every time because they get so much damn room. Rupp had at least 3-4 seconds to wind up and aim that shot. He might as well have been on a breakaway

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:33 AM
goal1228

Rosival blows... let the Italian kid play

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:35 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1940rip View Post
That is his defensive style..."Let em all in"

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
bubba5

Thanks Rozy!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:44 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Rozy has looked good the past few games. I like the physical edge that he's been bringing. This was one of the best games the defense has played in a long time and it's no surprise that Rozy playing well had an impact.

And to all those berating Rozy in this thread... last I checked this was the "Michal Rozsival Appreciation Thread"... if you don't like him, stay out.
Fine, can we call it the "Let's Not Kid Ourselves" thread?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I greatly appreciate the four good years he gave us, but as time goes by, it is becoming increasingly evident that NY is no longer the team for Michael. He no longer has chemistry with the pp units, the up-tempo Tortorella game has been poor for his indecisive nature, and with such a good young defenseman core upcoming, there simply isnt a need for an underperforming 5 million dollar defensemen.

I wish Michael all the luck in the world, but his services are not required anymore.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
mullichicken25

Roszival played great last night and i think he's actually taking more heat for Rupp's 2nd goal than he should

our system is designed around Henrik stopping the 1st shot

Rosi played the pass across as lonng as Rupp was outside on the perimeter where a shot should not have been able to get past Henrik.

He gave him the outside perimeter shot, if he tried to move into the middle to do something close to the net or pass both Rosi and staal where there, and im pretty sure a back checker actually picked up his man too

At that point the shooter is Henrik's man and he let the shot in

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
Roszival played great last night and i think he's actually taking more heat for Rupp's 2nd goal than he should

our system is designed around Henrik stopping the 1st shot

Rosi played the pass across as lonng as Rupp was outside on the perimeter where a shot should not have been able to get past Henrik.

He gave him the outside perimeter shot, if he tried to move into the middle to do something close to the net or pass both Rosi and staal where there, and im pretty sure a back checker actually picked up his man too

At that point the shooter is Henrik's man and he let the shot in
No, thats absolutely wrong.

Rosi went over to cover a guy who was already covered and let the shooter walk right in. The announcers said it, the coaches said it, everyone see's it different than what you just said.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:23 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post

Rosi went over to cover a guy who was already covered and let the shooter walk right in. The announcers said it, the coaches said it, everyone see's it different than what you just said.
Absolutely. He was 100% at fault.

I can't stand watching his absurd indecisiveness on every single shift anymore. Can't decide when to shoot, can't decide who to pass to, can't decide where to position himself on defense.

Get him away from this team as fast as possible.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:37 AM
OverTheCap

Rozy will be playing fine and then he will make at least 2 or 3 costly mistakes per games.

Sad, because he started playing better last week. He just isn't capable of being consistent.

Honestly, if he keeps on making these silly mistakes, I can't see any team trading for him. Why would they? He is not a $5 million defenseman and never was.

Rozy is not built for Tortorella-style hockey, yet another piece of the puzzle that does not fit. He lacks mobility and is way too hesitant. His hesitance started to hurt him last year on the PP when he would lose the puck resulting in shorthanded goals, and now his indecisiveness is burning him in all aspects of the game.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:38 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:

your right, sam and joe have never been wrong about anything, especially when its about henrik giving up a weak goal

i was not saying that Rosi was completely faultless on the goal, but initially when he took the man in the middle when Rupp was on the perimeter it was the right play, he should have adapted to the play and cut away some of the shooting lane a little sooner when his backcheckers arrived but he is not 100% to blame for that goal, Henrik let in a floater, by a crappy shooter, from the outside

Old
12-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
your right, sam and joe have never been wrong about anything, especially when its about henrik giving up a weak goal

i was not saying that Rosi was completely faultless on the goal, but initially when he took the man in the middle when Rupp was on the perimeter it was the right play, he should have adapted to the play and cut away some of the shooting lane a little sooner when his backcheckers arrived but he is not 100% to blame for that goal, Henrik let in a floater, by a crappy shooter, from the outside
Perimeter?? He was inside the faceoff dot 15 feet away from the net!

It was a broken play, and Rosy was the one who broke it

Old
12-01-2009, 11:53 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Perimeter?? He was inside the faceoff dot 15 feet away from the net!

It was a broken play, and Rosy was the one who broke it
he entered the zone with his ass pretty much riding the boards and then angled in when he got past the circle and shot from the dot (technically it was from outside the dot if you look close)

even if rosi plays it differently your not going to get more of an easier shot to save than that one

what you'd probably get is a pass to the middle thats one-timed for a goal

no matter how you slice it henrik should have had that shot

Old
12-01-2009, 12:00 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:
he entered the zone with his ass pretty much riding the boards and then angled in when he got past the circle and shot from the dot (technically it was from outside the dot if you look close)

even if rosi plays it differently your not going to get more of an easier shot to save than that one

shhh Hank is god to some folk here lol. It should have been saved easily yes but, some folk cry louder that he shouldn't have even had to make the save, if Rozy played it correctly in the first place. Don't let this ruin your Christmas.

RangerBlueJay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

So like I said, the coach, the analysts, and more than enough fans disagree, but youre right. Good call.

Old
12-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlueJay View Post
shhh Hank is god to some folk here lol. It should have been saved easily yes but, some folk cry louder that he shouldn't have even had to make the save, if Rozy played it correctly in the first place. Don't let this ruin your Christmas.
Not God, but far from the problems that plague this team.

Old
12-01-2009, 12:15 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
So like I said, the coach, the analysts, and more than enough fans disagree, but youre right. Good call.
yes, those fantastic infallible annalists and the Rosi-loving fan base

Rosi didnt make a great play but I feel Torts is placing an unfair amount of the burden on him for that goal

im sorry but your goalie has to stop that, especially one who is regarded as one of the game's greatest

Old
12-01-2009, 12:20 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:
Not God, but far from the problems that plague this team.
I agreed on that point but, to suggest he's only part of the solution and not part of the problem, is "far" from a reasonable answer.

RangerBlueJay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
yes, those fantastic infallible annalists and the Rosi-loving fan base

Rosi didnt make a great play but I feel Torts is placing an unfair amount of the burden on him for that goal

im sorry but your goalie has to stop that, especially one who is regarded as one of the game's greatest
I'm not absolving HL of anything, he's let some bad goals in recently, but that one doesn't fall on his shoulders. His 'defense' left him out to dry. Want evidence? Watch the play again and ask yourself why is Staal coming over from his side of the ice to block the shot?

Staal actually tries to get in front of that shot too, adding more chaos to that breakdown.

Old
12-01-2009, 12:29 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Forget the Rupp goal... I'm pissed at Rozsival for the Crosby goal... Not only is he out of position on that play and trying to skate back but he stops skating several feet away from Crosby and does this half-assed attempt to lay down his stick about a foot away from the reach of the puck like it's going to magically disrupt the play.... Enough is enough already.... These are world class players that these defenseman are trying to defend and the effort level extended against these guys is just a joke.... Has Rozsival ever heard of diving to disrupt a play or would that require too much intensity and effort level? Girardi dives to negate a prime scoring opportunity, why can't Rozsival?

For the record I had the exact same anger towards Redden in last year's playoffs for not skating hard enough on the back-check to negate an Ovechkin breakaway.... Redden stops skating and gives Ovechkin a few light nudges with his stick to his midsection, like it's going to stop the world's most prolific goal scorer from getting his shot off....

Yeah as you can tell, these guys really get me going... They don't play with any desperation in their games.... It's like they don't know that Ranger fans and fans around the league are scratching their heads about the amount of money they make for the production that they yield.

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:31 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
I'm not absolving HL of anything, he's let some bad goals in recently, but that one doesn't fall on his shoulders. His 'defense' left him out to dry. Want evidence? Watch the play again and ask yourself why is Staal coming over from his side of the ice to block the shot?

Staal actually tries to get in front of that shot too, adding more chaos to that breakdown.
if in that situation, it was a nasty snipe of a shot, or if he pulled into the middle and made a nice move to beat Henrik then the blame would have been entirely on rosi

the fact of the matter is that Rupp took a very savable shot and it went it

both players are responsible, there were two mistakes made, not one, and that goal doesn't fall entirely on rosi's shoulders either