HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes "Sandstorm Sale"

Old
11-30-2009, 08:14 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
2 upper level seats vs. EDM Sat. Apr. 3 @ $0
How'd you do that?

krepitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Tao Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
How'd you do that?
4-for-3 package includes free game and signed puck per seat bought for all 3 games.

Tao Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:39 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Anyone have the word on the STH ambassador program?

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 01:21 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Anyone have the word on the STH ambassador program?
I just talked to my rep today about it. They will be sending the cards out within a week or two.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 01:48 PM

To be fair about it, the team should probably credit existing STH's for the difference towards season tickets next season. If I was a STH this season and saw this go down, that is what I would want.

I know as a former STH I've seen that the benefit of being one is not that significant for the Coyotes, and you can find cheaper deals as the season progresses and you are not tied to going to every game if that is an issue for you. I know they have the program where you can trade tickets for games, but it doesn't make up for the other conveniences of buying off Craigslist/Ebay or even holding out for these types of deals.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 02:04 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
To be fair about it, the team should probably credit existing STH's for the difference towards season tickets next season. If I was a STH this season and saw this go down, that is what I would want.

I know as a former STH I've seen that the benefit of being one is not that significant for the Coyotes, and you can find cheaper deals as the season progresses and you are not tied to going to every game if that is an issue for you. I know they have the program where you can trade tickets for games, but it doesn't make up for the other conveniences of buying off Craigslist/Ebay or even holding out for these types of deals.
I hear you, but it's not always about money. It' important, don't get me wrong. But I like the convenience of knowing I have the same seats for every game; IF the team makes the playoffs I get to go and get first crack at additional seats; I receive comp tickets throughout the season; I get opportunities to buy additional discounted tickets in all sections to all games throughout the season; if I can't make a game I can bank those seats and exchange them for a future game; and with the Ambassador's Club this year I get the shot at more comp seats, maybe a suite, and other stuff.

IOW I get to spend the season relaxing, knowing I have my seats and get to focus on hockey instead of daily trying to chase down the best deal.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 02:34 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
I hear you, but it's not always about money. It' important, don't get me wrong. But I like the convenience of knowing I have the same seats for every game; IF the team makes the playoffs I get to go and get first crack at additional seats; I receive comp tickets throughout the season; I get opportunities to buy additional discounted tickets in all sections to all games throughout the season; if I can't make a game I can bank those seats and exchange them for a future game; and with the Ambassador's Club this year I get the shot at more comp seats, maybe a suite, and other stuff.

IOW I get to spend the season relaxing, knowing I have my seats and get to focus on hockey instead of daily trying to chase down the best deal.
Amen!

Old
12-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post

This is where I have an issue. I don't have a computer at home and cash is my only option at this time. Yet I still don't get any responses to this issue. Also if they can work with me at getting the deals paying cash.
Posted via Mobile Device

Correction I meant no responses from the lazy season ticket selling staff.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 02:53 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
This is where I have an issue. I don't have a computer at home and cash is my only option at this time. Yet I still don't get any responses to this issue. Also if they can work with me at getting the deals paying cash.
Posted via Mobile Device
You don't have a debit card? I don't use credit either but because I have a checking accounting which comes with a debit card. Debit cards can be used online and over the phone. Please don't take this as me being a smart ass I am totally serious.

Old
12-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootThePuckCoyotes View Post
You don't have a debit card? I don't use credit either but because I have a checking accounting which comes with a debit card. Debit cards can be used online and over the phone. Please don't take this as me being a smart ass I am totally serious.
Cards of any kind are evil. I only buy it if I have cash! Screw interest rates and overdraft fees.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-01-2009, 03:01 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Cards of any kind are evil. I only buy it if I have cash! Screw interest rates and overdraft fees.
Posted via Mobile Device
Obviously, you've also seen the downside of not having any cards.

Why not go the "don't spend money you don't have" route?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Obviously, you've also seen the downside of not having any cards.

Why not go the "don't spend money you don't have" route?
It was that route that led me to where I am now. :
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-01-2009, 03:10 PM
PhoPhan

Somehow that seems, I don't know, categorically impossible?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Oops! I misread what you said. It was my experience using cards that led me to being cash only.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-01-2009, 03:42 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Me too. That is why I don't use credit. If the money isn't in the bank then I don't buy any extra tickets. When I do have the money then I call my ticket rep up and he takes it directly out of my checking account. As far as paying for my season tickets I made my own payment plan (Three large payment a couple of months apart from eachother). I just worked my butt off to make sure the money was there when the I told them to take it out. I hat the monthly payment plan but the every couple of month thing worked for me. My tickets were paid for before preseason even started.

It is a great feeling!

Old
12-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Oops! I misread what you said. It was my experience using cards that led me to being cash only.
Get a credit card but request a very low limit, something low enough that if you went crazy and maxed it out you could afford to pay the balance at the end of the month. This way you can still build your credit score (whose importance cannot be underestimated), work on developing responsible habits where credit is concerned and with a low risk cause if you fall off the boat so to speak, your low limit will ensure no major damage can be done.

btw...this is coming from someone who made some pretty bad financial mistakes in my early 20's. 30 days, 60 days, 90 days late, charge offs, debt collectors, the whole works! I didn't declare bankruptcy but I might as well have, I absolutely destroyed my credit. My credit score was so low I couldn't qualify for anything and I don't just mean loans. A freakin blockbuster card was tough to come by! It made my life miserable and I vowed to never go back. Once everything dropped off I slowly entered the world of credit again and kept in mind the lessons learned. I still use my debit card for almost everything but I keep a credit card handy for emergencies, convenience and for things you need one for such as renting a hotel room or renting a car. In general I do not buy things with my credit card. I have a couple of small things that bill to it each month (e.g. Netflix) so their is always activity but that's about it. It's been about 13 years since my debacle but now I have near the credit highest score you can get and I don't have any issues with credit, whether it be obtaining it or controlling it. While I wish I hadn't gone through such a harsh lesson, I think it's helped me become fairly savvy money wise.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 12-01-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:19 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
At some point operating in a cash only environment, will back fire. Someday your going to want credit for a car more likely a home. You will have no credit history or a even a decent credit score otherwise to qualify for larger purchases.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote