HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs shutout by their Arch Nemesis

Old
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Yeah we got out shot.. but jesus christ 24 hours ago everyone was so excited about this team.. now we gotta make a **** load of trades? RELAX.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Piss poor effort, not much else needs to be said.

However i can't say how much i missed the Gomez pointless end to end rushes only to fire the puck 50 ft wide and countless soft passes that get picked off. He has me reminiscing of Kovalev.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorFlav View Post
ON the bright side, this pathetic excuse for an effort will prompt a major move.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen...It was only one very bad game..

Out of curiosity though I would like to know what kind of major move do you expect? I'd say having both Gill and AK46 returning to the line up is about the only move the Habs will make..

Crappy effort from the Habs tonight but I will give the Leafs full credit for coming into Montreal and winning decisively even after playing last night..The Habs didn't belong on the ice tonight with the Leafs...Sad but true..

The Sabres and Bruins are probably licking their chops tonight after watching the Habs play that game...

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnafide View Post
We really need a game breaker back.
We really need Kovalev back.
Yeah....four goals, inconsistent effort, and $5.5 million salary for a 36 year old are much needed.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
emb24*

coach jack is giving his PC...sounds as clued out as the team on the ice tonight

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post

If the 2nd to the worst team can outplay us like they just did what does that say about the Habs?

Beyond words
I thought the excuse for going after expensive smaller players this year was that the Habs were going to be fast, hard-working puck controllers who can move the puck. Still waiting to see that version of this team.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Megaforce

Obviously the Habs played badly, but full credit to the Leafs who had a bit more acceleration.

Why don't the refs ever call penalties against the teams the Habs are playing?

I saw a d-man totally interfere with a Canadien skating after a shoot-in. Why are those never called these days?

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
lol, the team can't even get motivated after that wonderful celebration.

PS, Marc Savard just signed for half the money Gomez makes.
For many reasons (taxes, language, insane fans/media), we have to overpay to get big named players to come here. Boston doesn't have the same issues. C'est la vie. Get over it.

Old
emb24*

habs needs some size in their top 6. max pac is not ready. is it pouliot? i have no idea, but gainey needs to make a move

Old
Habsfanatical

WOW.. A lot of haters and bashers right now!!

Tell me tho, who actually watched the game? Toronto didn't beat us, we beat ourselves! Period!

Weak man coverage by Moen on the 1st goal
Price shouldve had the 2nd
Trying to get fancy in Torontos zone causing the 3rd goal (beautiful shot by stajan tho, not too many goalies woudlve got that one IMO)

IMHO by inserting Gomez broke up the chemistry the team had in the previous 8 games, it just looked like were skating with cinder blocks out there, no drive, no passion.. Tough loss, but we need to get over it, and fast! Boston and Philly waiting for us, no time to cry about one that got away.

O'Byrne has really come into his own! The hit on Grabs was just icing on the cake. And hey, with how the team played as a whole, MAB actually looked good haha I was royaly pissed watching the game but now, all I can do is laugh, we outplayed ourselves instead of outplaying our opponent. We made Toronto look like the Det and Wash's of the world. Like I said tho, swallow it and move on, as tough as it may be.

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:28 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
For many reasons (taxes, language, insane fans/media), we have to overpay to get big named players to come here. Boston doesn't have the same issues. C'est la vie. Get over it.
all ufa's are overpaid, but your argument does not apply to gomez who was overpaid by a US based team named the ny rangers

Old
12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Let's face it. The Leafs are a better team than what they've shown in the first 15 games.

I wonder if the Habs were surprised by how good defensively the Leafs were tonight. The Habs were maybe expecting a defensive breakdown again but that didn't happen. Next time, they better be prepared to work their butt off for a goal.

I'm worried by what I'm seeing tonight. The Leafs didn't give the Habs an inch in their zone; the Habs have all the difficulty in the world entering the Leafs and retain puck control. Very tough defense.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfanatical View Post
WOW.. A lot of haters and bashers right now!!

Tell me tho, who actually watched the game? Toronto didn't beat us, we beat ourselves! Period!

Weak man coverage by Moen on the 1st goal
Price shouldve had the 2nd
Trying to get fancy in Torontos zone causing the 3rd goal (beautiful shot by stajan tho, not too many goalies woudlve got that one IMO)

IMHO by inserting Gomez broke up the chemistry the team had in the previous 8 games, it just looked like were skating with cinder blocks out there, no drive, no passion.. Tough loss, but we need to get over it, and fast! Boston and Philly waiting for us, no time to cry about one that got away.

O'Byrne has really come into his own! The hit on Grabs was just icing on the cake. And hey, with how the team played as a whole, MAB actually looked good haha I was royaly pissed watching the game but now, all I can do is laugh, we outplayed ourselves instead of outplaying our opponent. We made Toronto look like the Det and Wash's of the world. Like I said tho, swallow it and move on, as tough as it may be.
yeah there's lots of hate, losing to our most hated opponent at home by shutout in the centennial week with the new owner being announced today. yeah we're angry and we're embarrassed and rightly so

Old
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
InglewoodJack

Simple. The team needs finnish.
Grit is important, but other than Cammy, we have no finnish.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
TinordiandSubban

So much for playing well on TSN. That made me want to gouge my eyes out.

Everything about that performance was brutal, especially after they worked so hard to get the points against much better teams and then they start fancy passing and figure skating and stick checking. Did they really believe they were that much better?

And Maguire kept twisting the knife. I believe he's a closet Habs fan and he's over compensating to keep his job. It was painful to listen to.

Let's see what kind of game Martin can get them to bring to Buffalo.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:32 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
Simple. The team needs finnish.
Grit is important, but other than Cammy, we have no finnish.
We will trade for Koivu at the deadline.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
habs needs some size in their top 6. max pac is not ready. is it pouliot? i have no idea, but gainey needs to make a move
Patches played about 6 very good games in a row before tonight. Typical overreaction after a bad game.

Old
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
We will trade for Koivu at the deadline.
Forgot to Capitalize the "F"

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Craig71

There are some games that have to be won, this was one. I knew when a soft second goal went in by Price that it was a loss.
I hope we can pull it together against Buffalo but there are some games you expect to lose.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfanatical View Post
If you would have watched the game, you would have been able to give credit to the Leafs. They played a solid all-around game.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
all ufa's are overpaid, but your argument does not apply to gomez who was overpaid by a US based team named the ny rangers
We were bidding against the Rangers.

Seriously, you're right that the Rangers overpaid him but it doesn't take away from the fact that we HAVE TO overpay for big name UFA's and I'm not sure if Crosby money would have brought Gomez to Montreal back then.

Old
12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
LeMAD

No need to worry, when all the injured players come back the Habs will be true playoffs contenders.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:36 PM
scottyG

Holy **** you people over react lol it's only one game and people are like Pacciorety is not ready,this team has no heart,lol then if we win everyone would start kissing Pacciorety's feet and praising him and then talking about how much heart are team has

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Well, this is what happens when this team doesn't work their butts off.

Our attack is pathetic, we can never create a play when we enter the offensive zone...our offense is always playing on the outside.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:38 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Yeah we got out shot.. but jesus christ 24 hours ago everyone was so excited about this team.. now we gotta make a **** load of trades? RELAX.
I wasn't? I still think trades must be done, not only that but I think we need to rebuild somewhat.

So my previous feelings about this team stand.

Get a top5 pick
Trade Gomez for Lecavalier
Lower the Prices of Beer at the Bell Center.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote