HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

When will the ducks make their next playoff appearance?

View Poll Results: When will the ducks make their next playoff appearance?
This year 14 51.85%
2010-2011 5 18.52%
2011-2012 4 14.81%
3 more years 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-18-2009, 11:11 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

vCash: 500
When will the ducks make their next playoff appearance?

Just a friendly poll to get our minds out of the gutter in terms of where this team is destined in the future.

I personally think we CAN make the playoffs this year because barring a complete meltdown, we have the ability to play decent hockey.

But realistically, I would say next year.

Oops i forgot to put 3 or more years...

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 11:25 PM
wesott11

Next year I think with sbisa coming in, and having all the wasted salary leavin the books from boynton, giguere/hiller, and with neidsy most likey retiring, (and the bertuzzi buyout coming off the books) well be able to make a serious upgrade on defense.

wesott11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
Next year I think with sbisa coming in, and having all the wasted salary leavin the books from boynton, giguere/hiller, and with neidsy most likey retiring, (and the bertuzzi buyout coming off the books) well be able to make a serious upgrade on defense.
If so, who do you think our primary defensive targets are?

We need a #1 and #3-4D (I personally think Wiz can handle the #2 spot on that 1st pairing), 2 top6 fwds, upgrade on the bottom 4 D, and a resolution on the goalie situation.

Old
11-19-2009, 12:51 PM
cannon fodder

I think a forward that the Ducks should look at is Marleau. For defense, Paul Martin, Dan Hamhuis, or Willie Mitchell.

cannon fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 05:19 PM
wesott11

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
If so, who do you think our primary defensive targets are?

We need a #1 and #3-4D (I personally think Wiz can handle the #2 spot on that 1st pairing), 2 top6 fwds, upgrade on the bottom 4 D, and a resolution on the goalie situation.
I've always wanted Martin in Anaheim so hopefully he makes it to UFA... Mitchell would be a good upgrade in town, and isn't volchenkov a UFA too? He'd be nice. And I'm sure we could make a trade to aquire a good bottom end defenseman.

wesott11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Seems like we're not so pessimistic after all...

4/3/3/2 are the current poll results.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:15 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

This year. It's still early. I think Getzlaf, Perry, Bobby, and Scott are going to play some great hockey in the second half of the season.

Koivu and Selanne are getting closer every game to giving the ducks a legit 2nd line.

The goaltending will be better. The newer d-men will be better as they get more comfortable in the system. Wiz and Whitney are playing really well together lately. Boynton at least looks like he belongs in the NHL now.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:37 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
This year. It's still early. I think Getzlaf, Perry, Bobby, and Scott are going to play some great hockey in the second half of the season.

Koivu and Selanne are getting closer every game to giving the ducks a legit 2nd line.

The goaltending will be better. The newer d-men will be better as they get more comfortable in the system. Wiz and Whitney are playing really well together lately. Boynton at least looks like he belongs in the NHL now.
Nowwwww how many people believe that we can do it? 4-1-1 in the homestand so far, we need a win against the Kings big time. 5-1-1 would be an excellent homestand against some good teams. (yes we did get a charity victory against Carolina)

Old
12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

It seems as though Anaheim always finds a way to win in the end. There is no doubt how much talent there is on the team, but the Ducks just don't play good hockey that often. When they're playing at their best, they can be a pretty scary and tough team to play against. I have a feeling come April, the weaker teams will be weeded out of the playoff hunt and the Ducks will slip into a playoff spot again.

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Nowwwww how many people believe that we can do it? 4-1-1 in the homestand so far, we need a win against the Kings big time. 5-1-1 would be an excellent homestand against some good teams. (yes we did get a charity victory against Carolina)
Sadly we didn't win against the queens. But thinking of that. A better poll would be: When will the queens make the play-offs? They always start strong....and finish with a small whimper.....guess the call of the links is far too strong.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
It seems as though Anaheim always finds a way to win in the end. There is no doubt how much talent there is on the team, but the Ducks just don't play good hockey that often. When they're playing at their best, they can be a pretty scary and tough team to play against. I have a feeling come April, the weaker teams will be weeded out of the playoff hunt and the Ducks will slip into a playoff spot again.
Yeah, that's pretty much sums up what is my thought of all of this. That kind of stuff happens when you've got lots of veterans and younger guys (Getz, Perry) who have gotten used to winning from the start. I'm pretty sure that this team will be in the playoff hunt by the end of december and take one playoff spot away by the end of the season. It's frustrating as hell though, that they start (really) playing after 50 games or so. Still have confidence on this team, and for the same matter, Carlyle & Murray.

Doothpick is offline   Reply With Quote