HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Rule, Ducks Suck: Post Game Shut Yo Mouth

Old
12-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Simmonds is the bee's knees.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:03 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
ahhh ok thanks
Its up, check the OP for the link and forgive any typos. My keyboard has been sticking worse than Ivanans in the lineup.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:04 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Perspective I suppose. Kopitar playing a physical game and putting in effort. Frolov doing a piss poor job of going through the motions. Kopitar was off. Frolov didn't give a ****. He hasn't given a **** for a few games again. Honestly, as much as I have loved him, I don't see him here much longer. He has become a shadow of his former self.

Damn you, I am in a good mood.

you CAN'T be serious... seriously.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:07 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Perspective I suppose. Kopitar playing a physical game and putting in effort. Frolov doing a piss poor job of going through the motions. Kopitar was off. Frolov didn't give a ****. He hasn't given a **** for a few games again. Honestly, as much as I have loved him, I don't see him here much longer. He has become a shadow of his former self.

Damn you, I am in a good mood.
DISAGREE!

While Frolov could not buy a goal tonight, he very much gave a **** tonight and is showing it by doing what has been asked of him and looking to net as often as he can. He had 5 shots! 5! When the hell was the last time he had 5 shots? Ever?

Old
12-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
you CAN'T be serious... seriously.
You have to seriously add more than that You can't be seriously spouting "you Can't be serioious" and leave it at that without some serious evidence to prove your own point... I mean seriously...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:08 AM
imissgretzky

I saw Fro having his best game in awhile. He had 5 shots and was all over the crease. He had the puck hop over his stick on rebounds in close a couple times.

imissgretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
DISAGREE!

While Frolov could not buy a goal tonight, he very much gave a **** tonight and is showing it by doing what has been asked of him and looking to net as often as he can. He had 5 shots! 5! When the hell was the last time he had 5 shots? Ever?
That must be a clerical error. No way he has 5 shots on goal. Is it possible that each of his shots came when I was taking a drink?

Old
12-02-2009, 01:11 AM
imissgretzky

Quote:
That must be a clerical error. No way he has 5 shots on goal. Is it possible that each of his shots came when I was taking a drink?
Sometimes I wonder what game people are watching.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:12 AM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Wow, I am *almost* speechless that some of you think that Brown had a good game, and Purcell didn't...

Brown coughed up the puck over and over and over again, except when we he was putting point blank chances right in Hiller's crest. He was doing fly-by's on the forecheck - no contact what so ever - no forced turnovers, no loose puck battle wins, nothing... he even moved OUT of the way on a good screen opportunity on the PP, gloriously shown on replay twice.

Is putting your shoulder down and driving the net once, maybe twice a game really all it takes to impress some of you?

Conversely, had Brown any finish in him, Purcell would have a multiple point night. He was getting in hard on the forecheck, taking all the right angles, breaking up plays on the back check, and putting the puck in the right places for good scoring chances, except for the obvious two mis-plays on the PP.

Really, are two blocked shots on Purcell and one drive to the net by Brown really all you are seeing out there?
I don't think he had a good game but he wasn't bad. He wasn't trying to be fancy and that one drive to the net is a positive sign because earlier this season he probably would have attempted a spin around move or a fancy one on one move which would have failed.

Richardson plays well on most nights and he doesn't get on the stat sheet either but that is to be expected out of a fourth line center. Purcell has been playing a smart game overall but he needs to produce some points if he wants to be a top 6'er in the NHL.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:14 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Must be. He also had like 3 or 4 other 'almost' shots. He's so snake-bit, and I have a feelings his dedication to shoot more lately has thrown a wrench in his usually accurate but laboriously chosen shot selection.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:14 AM
RightKinger

Kopitar...physical? He had one good check but that's pretty much it. He was satisfied with being a perimeter player tonight and that's why he was easily shut down.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:15 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Its up, check the OP for the link and forgive any typos. My keyboard has been sticking worse than Ivanans in the lineup.
Thanks JDM

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:15 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by imissgretzky View Post
He was watching it with a Duck fan in his house. Poison in the home does a body no good.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:16 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
DISAGREE!

Quote:
I saw Fro having his best game in awhile. He had 5 shots and was all over the crease. He had the puck hop over his stick on rebounds in close a couple times.
number of shots aren't indicative of having a good game, and i argued that with Tony the other day when he felt Kopitar had a "great" game against Edmonton primarily because he had 6 shots.

yes Frolov was shooting the puck tonight, but he didn't play particularly well and it certainly wasn't anything close to his best game in a while.

BOTH players played a mammoth game against Chicago... they had 2 and 3 shots in that game respectively.

Frolov has had 14 shots in the last 4 games and Kopitar has had 13.. i guess Frolov "cares" just one louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You have to seriously add more than that You can't be seriously spouting "you Can't be serioious" and leave it at that without some serious evidence to prove your own point... I mean seriously...
yes i can.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Thanks JDM
Welcome, as always. Enjoy! It is chalk full of Duck hate, just like it should be.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:19 AM
imissgretzky

Quote:
He was watching it with a Duck fan in his house. Poison in the home does a body no good.
I see, every time Frolov shot he was talking smack to the Duck fan. The question is why is he letting a Duck fan into his home in the first place?

Old
12-02-2009, 01:20 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
The question is why is he letting a Duck fan into his home in the first place?
The duck fan in my house pays the bills, car payment and college! I got no right to even talk back when the kings win!

Old
12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
imissgretzky

Quote:
People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully
Ah man, I'm totally kidding. Stop taking me so seriously.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
number of shots aren't indicative of having a good game, and i argued that with Tony the other day when he felt Kopitar had a "great" game against Edmonton primarily because he had 6 shots.

yes Frolov was shooting the puck tonight, but he didn't play particularly well and it certainly wasn't anything close to his best game in a while.

BOTH players played a mammoth game against Chicago... they had 2 and 3 shots in that game respectively.

Frolov has had 14 shots in the last 4 games and Kopitar has had 13.. i guess Frolov "cares" just one louder.
Come now. I know I didn't say it was his best game, I just thought i was a good game from Frolov and I am noticing that he is trying to do what is being asked of him and I think he will break through soon. In what aspect did you find Fro's game to be not "particularly well"?

I didn't mean to use the shot clock as the only evidence, but it does stand out for Frolov and it is most certainly is indicative of Fro looking toward the net more and screwing around in the corners less.

I would also like to know how you can say Zad is crazy, and then disagree with me when I disagree with Zad on the same post you thought was crazy.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:24 AM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Welcome, as always. Enjoy! It is chalk full of Duck hate, just like it should be.
If only post game articles on nhl.com were like this

Old
12-02-2009, 01:24 AM
imissgretzky

Quote:
The duck fan in my house pays the bills, car payment and college! I got no right to even talk back when the kings win!
Wow, that sucks. Sounds like my own personal hell.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:28 AM
imissgretzky

Quote:
Now I get your screen name though.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:28 AM
GummiBaked
Holiday in Cambodia

Brian Hayward makes me ill. To sit through an entire telecast with his **** holster flapping has given me violent diarrhea.

Too bad there isn't a thread for 2nd goal of the game contest... I'd be killin' it.

Kings played awesome tonight. Quick played incredibly well.

GummiBaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:32 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Jack Johnson, 3rd star of the night across the NHL

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote