HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mike Ribeiro

Old
12-02-2009, 01:53 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think thats just another "Heres our ****, now give us back a player or two we can use" pipedream.
agreed. The only positive Dallas is getting out of that is our 2nd or 3rd draft pick, and it's not all that great. Don't they have some cap issues themselves?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Alex28*

Start with Dubinsky and Del Zotto...

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:56 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
I still dream of Richards feeding the puck to Gaborik.

That would be a deadly combo.
What'd be deadly is paying Richards $7.5 mil a year when its become clear Gaborik's going to produce with just about anyone on his line, and that Prospal's on pace for more than a point per game as his center and only makes $1.6 mil a year.

I'm all for bringing in a playmaking center, but I think regardless of how good they are, you place them on your 2nd line. I'm not for breaking up Prospal and Gaborik right now, and if you put Prospal back on the wing and put the new center on the 1st line, you're not changing all that much to produce some secondary scoring.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:58 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Savard is not better then Richards. Not even close.

Savard has only been VERY successful in the post-lockout era.

Richards was successful in both the dead-puck era AND the post-lockout.

He's a hell of a hockey player, in every area of the game.

On a team that featured Lecavalier, St. Louis, and Prospal, among others Richards was the best player on the team.

Also, with the way Atlanta is constructed now and going forward, it's doubtful that Kovalchuk leaves Atlanta. He won't be available at the deadline with the team as good as it is now. And if they do go as far as they are capable of, he will not leave a place he has been very open about loving.
I don't really care what Richards did before the lockout, the fact is they're both on about the same level, and I almost feel like Savard is a little better right now, and making much less money. Not that any of this matters.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:59 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Anyway... it's all moot anyway. This was only a suggestion.

Sather will not be able to break up this group, AGAIN.

He's dug us into a hole with this roster. It's a pretty terrible roster.

Our hope is with the prospects.
While they may not yield much return, guys like Kotalik, Higgins, Lisin, hell, even Brashear have moveable contracts.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:59 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
What'd be deadly is paying Richards $7.5 mil a year when its become clear Gaborik's going to produce with just about anyone on his line, and that Prospal's on pace for more than a point per game as his center and only makes $1.6 mil a year.

I'm all for bringing in a playmaking center, but I think regardless of how good they are, you place them on your 2nd line. I'm not for breaking up Prospal and Gaborik right now, and if you put Prospal back on the wing and put the new center on the 1st line, you're not changing all that much to produce some secondary scoring.
I think Richards brings more to the table than you realize.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:02 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Well I don't think any center in the NHL brings enough to the table to warrant 7.8 million a year. Maybe it's all the bad contracts we've had recently, but I'm not exactly all that interested in diving right back in to another one, even if it's up soon.

Old
12-02-2009, 02:46 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Richards is underrated by many, probably because his contract is a bit steep.

He is ranked 11th amongst this decade's leading scorers, ahead of Heatley and Savard. His point totals have declined the past few years, and he struggled with injuries last season, but he seems to have bounced back so far this year.

He had a great relationship with Torts but I doubt Dallas will trade him now that he's playing well, and the Rangers can't afford that contract anyway. Richards will be a free agent in 2011... depending on the Rangers' cap situation (hopefully at least one of Drury, Redden, or Rozy will be waived/traded by then) and their center depth, it's possible the Rangers would have him on their radar.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
dubinsky + roszival + doyle + sauer

for

Richards + skrastins

prob underpay on our side but I don't know what else we could give them short of a pile of 1st rders, gotta free up cap space to take on those two deals. Richards is only on the books one more year so I feel like he wouldn't fetch as much as if he were signed for longer.
The ONLY way getting Richards makes sense is if we are getting rid of Drury as well.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
While they may not yield much return, guys like Kotalik, Higgins, Lisin, hell, even Brashear have moveable contracts.
I wouldn't care if we got 7th round picks or career ECHLers... as long as we get rid of them.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Kragh

Dallas won't be dealing Ribeiro or Richards... their too key for them this year, especially Richards. Ribeiro is having a bit of a slow start by his standards, but he is a very legit offensive player, they call him "Mind Freak" because players can't believe what he can do sometimes.

Kragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:05 AM
BigG44
HFB Partner

From a Dallas point of view, I don't really want to talk about Ribeiro or the trade proposal because I don't want to get into a pissing match.

However, Richards has dealt with mono, both shoulders being injured, and 2 broken writs in the past 2 years. Those years are not indicative of his play. This season is.

Both Savard and Richards are great. It's not Brad's fault that Tampa gave him a dumb contract. He's one of the best passers in the league, and he's one of the best on the point.

...... and I highly doubt he's available anyway.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 12:56 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
From a Dallas point of view, I don't really want to talk about Ribeiro or the trade proposal because I don't want to get into a pissing match.

However, Richards has dealt with mono, both shoulders being injured, and 2 broken writs in the past 2 years. Those years are not indicative of his play. This season is.

Both Savard and Richards are great. It's not Brad's fault that Tampa gave him a dumb contract. He's one of the best passers in the league, and he's one of the best on the point.

...... and I highly doubt he's available anyway.
You're right on point. I do believe, however, that in a couple of years, if Johnny Torts is still here, there's a great chance Brad Richards is a Ranger.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 04:27 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
You're right on point. I do believe, however, that in a couple of years, if Johnny Torts is still here, there's a great chance Brad Richards is a Ranger.
just in time for him to get his payday past his prime, awesome, cant wait

Old
12-03-2009, 04:28 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
just in time for him to get his payday past his prime, awesome, cant wait
What else is new right? Ugh.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 05:10 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

It appears to me that we do not need a number one center for Gaborik. He's already got 21 goals without a number one center.

And if we traded for a number one center who the hell is he going to pass to? Higgins? Avery? Callahan? Kotalik? Lisin?

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote