HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Players being offered around the league

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2009, 02:37 PM
  #51
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
if he tests the watters , he is gone , you eitehr overpay him now or move him
and even if we move Pleks at the deadline,what do you really think we could get back,the guy will be a FA so I doubt anyone overpays for him unless he is extended and moved witch would be stupid IMO

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 02:43 PM
  #52
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
and even if we move Pleks at the deadline,what do you really think we could get back,the guy will be a FA so I doubt anyone overpays for him unless he is extended and moved witch would be stupid IMO
Teams seem more interested in overpaying for playoff performers at the deadline. Pleks hasn't gained that rep yet.

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 02:51 PM
  #53
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Plek sounds just like Markov, I'm not stressed at all.

I knew Higgs, Komi, Souray etc would be hard.
but Markov, Pleks... nah.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:02 PM
  #54
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
Plek sounds just like Markov, I'm not stressed at all.

I knew Higgs, Komi, Souray etc would be hard.
but Markov, Pleks... nah.
Everyone said the same about Komi,how much he loves Montreal,even went behind the bench when he was hurt and look how that turned out.

If Pleks doesn't like Gainey's offer,I'm pretty sure he will test the market,he would be crazy not too especially the way he is playing so far.With that said I simply hope things are worked out and he stays here for many years to come

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:07 PM
  #55
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Your post is such an entertaining one. Yea, let's trade away our best scoring forward, that's smart. Plekanec needs to re-sign. He's not a 40-50pt player and I have no reason to ''trust'' you when you come up with such crap.

And that's right, we're just one single point away from PO spot. 4pts from 3rd. Sure, we have more games played but we're still very close in the race.
You named three players, Plek-Cammy-Price. Exactly, the fact we're able to maintain a close to .500 record while losing Markov, O'Byrne, Gill, Spacek, A.Kost, D'Ago, Gomez and Gionta is remarkable. You can also add S.Kost to that list, as he was sent down when he could have helped our team produce more.

At least, O'Byrne is back and playing well. Spacek and D'Ago are seemingly ready to return on Saturday, so that's good news too.

I'm extremely surprised by how our team has been able to stay in the games despite all their injuries. I think this is a testament to Martin's coaching abilities.

You like to look at the fact we won many games in OT or SO. Well, the same can apply to our losses. Only two out of our 13L have been over a 2Goal spread. Only 4 have been by 2G and at least two of those were late goals in 3rd.
All in all, it shows most games have not been out of reach for us. Even if we did get dominated like in NSH, point wise, it's not out of reach.

So, some of these losses could have turned into OverTime Losses or even Wins, just as much as our OT Wins could have been losses.

Most games we played have been tight and this is with a very scaled down roster.

You have no idea what our D looks like with Markov back. We haven't even seen our proper squad play one full game, yet you claim to know just how well or poor their evaluation is???..


Please man...take a deep breath and start using your head for thinking.

Kriss buddy arent you tired of this same song since 1993 ? I understand what us fans are going through right now . If Gainey didnt spend like a total fool , I would agree with you , but he went 10 mil too far in my opinion .

But with 3 top forwards making 18 mil , and Price easily at 4 mil, our cap is shot as it is . Is Pleks going to lead us somewhere ?

Kriss the Bruins years ago rid themselves of Thornton , their star player for one reason , THEY WERENT WINNING , after 8 years of doing the same crap we have been doing for 16 years , they decided its time to move him.

The bruins were ripped to shreads for this deal , but it gave them the flexibility to do other things. The Thornton deal saved them the money to go after impact players in SAVARD AND CHARA, as free agents.

But the key is Kriss they realizied JOE as my best player isnt going to cut it.
If we sign Pleks to a stupid deal and it will take one , he is NOT the front line player to make the difference for us , its not KOPITAR , OVECHKIN, MALKIN etc you say
pay him and watch out.

We have no Forsberg or Pronger in the minors or waiting in the wings but we have a cap hell team right now. Its fine if your the Pens with 2 franchise players on your team and a cup , and a core , yes folks A CORE THAT CAN COMPETE FOR CUPS

we dont have a Malkin, Sid, Staal , Fleury , Letang , Goligoski , Gonchar nucleus.

They have a much better cap and need the Kunitz`s and the yearly Guerin types to fill out the team .

We are a middle of the pack team again with a butt ugly cap moving forward.

even with Pleks great play , we still arent good enough and wont be for years .

Other than Price there is no major upside to this team , Pleks is not a front line player like he is playing like now . If some team really wants to overpay to get him , make the deal , he isnt the saviour , just like Komi wasn`t this top blueliner we thought or how we jumped on the wagon thinking Tanguay was the missing piece , when non of them werent .

Cmon folks do you want another decade of this bandaiding crap because thats all we are good at .

injuries arent a full excuse here , if all were healthy the improved Max over the last few weeks wouldn`t be playing , Bergeron isnt playing , Kosty Sr is on the 4th line .
The decent play of White , Pyatt , etc.. dont play , etc....

Gainey will likely get fired at years end , so he will likely do what he can to fight for
job his job but in the process acheive zero.

What was the purpose of MAB on defense , give the job to Webber and see what he can do , ditto for Gill , surely you can find a $ 1 mil scrub cause thats all he is .

but if you think Pleks , Cammy, Gomez , and Gionta as your top 4 forwards is going to get us anywhere ...... good luck ..........

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:14 PM
  #56
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Everyone said the same about Komi,how much he loves Montreal,even went behind the bench when he was hurt and look how that turned out.

If Pleks doesn't like Gainey's offer,I'm pretty sure he will test the market,he would be crazy not too especially the way he is playing so far.With that said I simply hope things are worked out and he stays here for many years to come
i was talking attitude wise.
souray too loved montreal.

Komi : Big head, big ego. insulted by the fact the habs do not treat him as the superstar he thinks he is.
Plek (just like markov): small ego, doesn't think of himself as a superstar. credits his linemates, etc.
IMO, Plek is more the type to ask his agent to do short negos that he wants to make sure he stays in MTL.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:26 PM
  #57
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
i was talking attitude wise.
souray too loved montreal.

Komi : Big head, big ego. insulted by the fact the habs do not treat him as the superstar he thinks he is.
Plek (just like markov): small ego, doesn't think of himself as a superstar. credits his linemates, etc.
IMO, Plek is more the type to ask his agent to do short negos that he wants to make sure he stays in MTL.
Lol, yeah, keep pretending you know Plekanec and Komisarek. Nice ********.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:29 PM
  #58
alexstream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Lol, yeah, keep pretending you know Plekanec and Komisarek. Nice ********.
thanks for the insult. keep it on, very classy.

fact is, between Markov and Souray, I would have bet that Markov had more chances.

I would do the same bet now Plekanec has more chances than Komi ever had. I thought Komi had good chances to stay, but his big ego made it so that he felt insulted by Habs offer.

Does Plek have a big ego?

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:31 PM
  #59
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post

Other than Price there is no major upside to this team , Pleks is not a front line player like he is playing like now . If some team really wants to overpay to get him , make the deal , he isnt the saviour , just like Komi wasn`t this top blueliner we thought or how we jumped on the wagon thinking Tanguay was the missing piece , when non of them werent .

Cmon folks do you want another decade of this bandaiding crap because thats all we are good at .
Humm, Markov is not far from being a franchise player... anyway, a lot more than Price.

Plekanec is the equivalent of Staal or Goglioski, not a front line franchise player, but an important piece of the future.

He won't get more than 5mil dollars a year, around 4-4,5mil max, that's more than worth it for a player like him.

We won't solve our cap issues by trading Pleks, his salary (our future salary) is not a problem. Gomez salary is the problem and at a lesser extent, Gionta's.

We need Plekanec, 'cause he's the ideal 2nd line center and capable 1st. He was drafted by the team, he's used to the city, the clubhouse, he isn't afraid of the "mtl medias", so it won't be very difficult to convince him to re-sign. It depends on the amount offered and when it'll be (a week before july 1st, isn't gonna cut it).

Just like you, I'm tired of having a ****** team, but Plekanec is part of the solution, not the problem.

This summer, Gainey (or hopefully his successor) should give the moon to Kovalchuk if he's on the market. Than, you trade away assets to make room for his salary (like Gionta and Andrei K.)

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:35 PM
  #60
Vards
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
Kriss buddy arent you tired of this same song since 1993 ? I understand what us fans are going through right now . If Gainey didnt spend like a total fool , I would agree with you , but he went 10 mil too far in my opinion .

But with 3 top forwards making 18 mil , and Price easily at 4 mil, our cap is shot as it is . Is Pleks going to lead us somewhere ?

Kriss the Bruins years ago rid themselves of Thornton , their star player for one reason , THEY WERENT WINNING , after 8 years of doing the same crap we have been doing for 16 years , they decided its time to move him.

The bruins were ripped to shreads for this deal , but it gave them the flexibility to do other things. The Thornton deal saved them the money to go after impact players in SAVARD AND CHARA, as free agents.

But the key is Kriss they realizied JOE as my best player isnt going to cut it.
If we sign Pleks to a stupid deal and it will take one , he is NOT the front line player to make the difference for us , its not KOPITAR , OVECHKIN, MALKIN etc you say
pay him and watch out.

We have no Forsberg or Pronger in the minors or waiting in the wings but we have a cap hell team right now. Its fine if your the Pens with 2 franchise players on your team and a cup , and a core , yes folks A CORE THAT CAN COMPETE FOR CUPS

we dont have a Malkin, Sid, Staal , Fleury , Letang , Goligoski , Gonchar nucleus.

They have a much better cap and need the Kunitz`s and the yearly Guerin types to fill out the team .

We are a middle of the pack team again with a butt ugly cap moving forward.

even with Pleks great play , we still arent good enough and wont be for years .

Other than Price there is no major upside to this team , Pleks is not a front line player like he is playing like now . If some team really wants to overpay to get him , make the deal , he isnt the saviour , just like Komi wasn`t this top blueliner we thought or how we jumped on the wagon thinking Tanguay was the missing piece , when non of them werent .

Cmon folks do you want another decade of this bandaiding crap because thats all we are good at .

injuries arent a full excuse here , if all were healthy the improved Max over the last few weeks wouldn`t be playing , Bergeron isnt playing , Kosty Sr is on the 4th line .
The decent play of White , Pyatt , etc.. dont play , etc....

Gainey will likely get fired at years end , so he will likely do what he can to fight for
job his job but in the process acheive zero.

What was the purpose of MAB on defense , give the job to Webber and see what he can do , ditto for Gill , surely you can find a $ 1 mil scrub cause thats all he is .

but if you think Pleks , Cammy, Gomez , and Gionta as your top 4 forwards is going to get us anywhere ...... good luck ..........
How does getting rid of Pleks solve the issues you are mentioning. You claim that guys such as Cammy, Gomez and Gionta will not get the Habs anywhere, so according to you, the Habs need to add better players. But how are they going to do that? Do they trade Pleks and use that salary cap room to sign a saviour? That makes no sense, as Pleks will most likely demand less money than an equivalent UFA would. What you fail to realize is that Pleks is not, and will not be, the reason for these salay cap issues you are talking about. Pleks will most likely be a cheaper piece than and equivalent UFA, so realistically, the smart thing to helps solve the issues you mention, would be to keep him.

The Habs don't appear to have a cheap amazing young player who Pleks would be taking a roster spot from, so how does it make sense to trade him? They certainly won't get a cheap amazing young player in return for a UFA-to-be-Pleks in a trade if they decide to trade him...

Your logic is flawed, and your pessimism is misdirected.

Vards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:44 PM
  #61
totalrecall
 
totalrecall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
What GM in his right mind would take on Laraque's contract? Makes no sense.
Shhhhhhhhhhut up!!!!!

Just go with it

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 03:45 PM
  #62
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
thanks for the insult. keep it on, very classy.

fact is, between Markov and Souray, I would have bet that Markov had more chances.

I would do the same bet now Plekanec has more chances than Komi ever had. I thought Komi had good chances to stay, but his big ego made it so that he felt insulted by Habs offer.

Does Plek have a big ego?
I didn't insult you. Just told you you keep telling ********, that's all.
You know nothing about any player's personality or ego. Keep pretending.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 05:21 PM
  #63
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Don't be surprised if Edmonton is also interested in Halak because:

1) Khabibulin is old and not getting the job done.
2) They are weak in the goalie department unless Deslaurier and Roy develop into starters.
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
Riley Nash

If we trade Halak to EDM I want atleast Long Name coming back our way

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 05:37 PM
  #64
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 6,981
vCash: 500
sergi wont be traded, it wil be ak46.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
  #65
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,600
vCash: 500
I don't know if Gainey has a plan or not but it is clear that more changes could be on the horizon.

White showed that he was more than willing to fill the role that Latendresse was expceted to play and Latendresse was gone.

That brings us to Pouliot who might be in line to fill the role that Chipchura was expected to play. I like him but Chips could be the next on the block. Maybe Pouliot moves ahead of Ben Maxwell or maybe the team is looking at him as winger.

The common factor is that the new guys can all skate better than the guys they are replacing.

If we look a little deeper, our best defensive prospects are all right handed and most are offensive players. Subban, Carle and Weber are all vying for a similar role. Logic tells us that one and at the most, two of them, will play for the Habs.

Halak may also represent an opportunity. Again, he is a solid player but a young guy with talent may be a better fit with another team. Price is obviously going to be the guy and a veteran backup could be brought in.

To me it seems we have three players who seem to be logical candidates for employment elsewhere. They are Chipchura, Halak and a RH minor league defenseman. Other lower profile players/prospects could be added to the list.

The question is, who would we get in return that will improve the team.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 07:54 PM
  #66
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Everyone said the same about Komi,how much he loves Montreal,even went behind the bench when he was hurt and look how that turned out.

If Pleks doesn't like Gainey's offer,I'm pretty sure he will test the market,he would be crazy not too especially the way he is playing so far.With that said I simply hope things are worked out and he stays here for many years to come
That's not true. 75% of the posters here thought Komi was gone well before July. I was not one of those guys so I was surprised but it seems everybody knew he was on his way out of here. I guess that's why we didn't match TO's offer. There was no point since he was leaving anyway. At this point I really don't miss him and I am more careful in evaluating our current players. We picked up better D's at less cost without the distraction that he has become this season. Komi has cost the Leafs games this season...how many of our UFA D's cost us games?

I want Pleks to stay because i really like him but if he gets top dollar based on this season we have to let him go. Not now or at trade deadline but after our season is done and not for some draft pick that may never play in the league. Why move a performing player that helps you get into the playoffs for a draft pick that may never see NHL ice?

Losing players for nothing and getting into the playoffs is better than trading them to teams that are contending for picks. The contending team's picks are useless since they finish in the playoffs and you rarely get a good return.

My 2 cents!!

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 08:08 PM
  #67
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
According to Tony on the Team 990, there is a team out west interested in George Laraque! and another player currently on the roster.

According to Tony, Gainey was also offering the following players to the other 29 GM's in the league right after training camp:

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura
- Sergei Kostitsyn


If I were Gainey, I would love to see George traded to a team before or at the deadline so that we can bring up Neilson up (cheaper and a better fighter at this point in his career).

Also, I would think that Chipchura will be packaged with Halak and maybe another prospect or player only if we make the playoffs, if not, then they go for prospects and picks (1st and 2nd rounders).

The blind Italian chicken finally pecked a piece of corn, then crapped
out an Obvious Pellet.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 12:15 PM
  #68
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vards View Post
How does getting rid of Pleks solve the issues you are mentioning. You claim that guys such as Cammy, Gomez and Gionta will not get the Habs anywhere, so according to you, the Habs need to add better players. But how are they going to do that? Do they trade Pleks and use that salary cap room to sign a saviour? That makes no sense, as Pleks will most likely demand less money than an equivalent UFA would. What you fail to realize is that Pleks is not, and will not be, the reason for these salay cap issues you are talking about. Pleks will most likely be a cheaper piece than and equivalent UFA, so realistically, the smart thing to helps solve the issues you mention, would be to keep him.

The Habs don't appear to have a cheap amazing young player who Pleks would be taking a roster spot from, so how does it make sense to trade him? They certainly won't get a cheap amazing young player in return for a UFA-to-be-Pleks in a trade if they decide to trade him...

Your logic is flawed, and your pessimism is misdirected.
cant wait to have another soft over rated player like Tanguay , good luck when 5 mil
buys 50 points

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2009, 11:19 PM
  #69
chicosavard
 
chicosavard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bathurst, N.B.
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
And what make you think so?

chicosavard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:15 AM
  #70
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
According to Tony on the Team 990, there is a team out west interested in George Laraque! and another player currently on the roster.

According to Tony, Gainey was also offering the following players to the other 29 GM's in the league right after training camp:

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura
- Sergei Kostitsyn

If I were Gainey, I would love to see George traded to a team before or at the deadline so that we can bring up Neilson up (cheaper and a better fighter at this point in his career).

Also, I would think that Chipchura will be packaged with Halak and maybe another prospect or player only if we make the playoffs, if not, then they go for prospects and picks (1st and 2nd rounders).
So, going back to my original thread/post!

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura (mission accomplished)
- Sergei Kostitsyn


Who is next???

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:19 AM
  #71
Habs514
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
So, going back to my original thread/post!

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura (mission accomplished)
- Sergei Kostitsyn


Who is next???
Bob is on a mission!! Stewart (AHL)

Hopefully we can get some secondary scoring. The only team that might be getting rid of player due to cap restrictions would be Chicago.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:22 AM
  #72
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
What was the purpose of MAB on defense , give the job to Webber and see what he can do , ditto for Gill , surely you can find a $ 1 mil scrub cause thats all he is .
Sorry but I found this comment down right hilarious. What has MAB done? Be on pace for 30-40pt season while not being a huge minus? Sure he sucks defensively, but what exactly has Weber done? He's sucked all year, he has like 5 points in 20 games and Subban has like 11 in just 2 more games and he's a rookie AHLer.

Don't try to make it sound like we didn't need MAB, a guy who already found the back of the net many times, over a guy like Weber who has taken a step back in terms of his progression as a player. Sorry but it's just laughable. Play Weber when he's done nothing to merit being played when we have a guy at league minimum who is putting up like 0.4-0.5ppg as a d-man.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:25 AM
  #73
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
So, going back to my original thread/post!

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura (mission accomplished)
- Sergei Kostitsyn


Who is next???
You can cross Stewart off the list since nobody even wanted him for free (waivers)

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
  #74
Agalloch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lachute, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
So, going back to my original thread/post!

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura (mission accomplished)
- Sergei Kostitsyn


Who is next???

We have 26 players on the roster...

16 forwards

Gionta & Kostitsyn are injured so we have 14 forwards

8 def

Markov is injured so we have 7 defensemen

2 goalies

So we have 23 players until one of our injuries comes back... no need for other changes for some times now.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:29 AM
  #75
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
cant wait to have another soft over rated player like Tanguay , good luck when 5 mil
buys 50 points
Plek had what, a 69pt season, then one bad season, and now he's on pace for like an 80pt season. He had one bad season and now he's a 50 point guy? Sorry but what games have you been watching? Pleks has been arguably our best player and has been playing the Martin system almost to perfection, he's a perfect fit for the team, would come much cheaper then an equivalent 80pt playmaker, and is one of the players we developed from the ground up.

Even in his **** season he had 40pts and the way he played then and now is like night and day. Same with the season he had 69pts, it was like night and day. He had one bad season and to be quite frank its hard to blame him when the team was so bad, injuries plagued us and Carbonneau was our coach. I was one of the people who thought Plek would never return to form, but have you seen him play? He's the reason his line is good, when his line mates play well. He's clearly a developing gem, and will be a 70-80pt guy for years to come if healthy. Why would we trade a guy who is arguably an alright 1st line C, amazing 2nd line C, when that 1st line C we'd be getting to replace him would likely be unaffordable. It's either Plek or nobody. I'd rather Plek. We don't have enough wiggle room unless we deal core players for nothing and don't sign other key players. Plek would be our cheapest and best option, and with the way he's been playing, I wonder if people even watch the games or if they just go to the box score and determine that pleks is **** because of this or that reason. If you actually see him play, he's been stellar, more then stellar.

This coming from a person who wanted him gone after last season, because I hated the way he played, clearly he is a Martin kind of player, and even if Gainey is gone, I want Martin as the coach because I feel he's been the best coach we've had in years.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.