HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 27 | Blue Jackets @ Blackhawks | 8:00pm EST | 20 Cent Edition

Old
12-02-2009, 11:06 AM
anteater90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Then what should the benches reaction be when he gives up 3 goals on 4 shots in the SO, should they be pissed he's letting them in? Dont think I like it either if it was calling out the team, you can think it, but not good to display it
I had no problem last night. As someone who plays I can tell you nothing motivates a team like a pissed off goalie. I think this is a good thing in the long run.

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Ar-too

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Did wonders for Roman Čechmánek.

Ar-too is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 11:17 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater90 View Post
I had no problem last night. As someone who plays I can tell you nothing motivates a team like a pissed off goalie. I think this is a good thing in the long run.
As someone who plays as well, nothing pisses off a player like a pissed off sieve Get everything in order in your house before criticizing others

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 11:42 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Last night seemed to be the first time all season that last year's team showed up. They just need to build on this one and keep the ball rolling.

2 pts would have been nice, I'll take the 1.

I'm wondering if Boll and Blunden are stepping up since Murray (and Dorsett) will be coming back relatively soon and someone is going to be sitting. Stepping up is a good thing, just keep doing it.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
section 204

Personally thought that the temper tantrum was juvenile and unseemly, especially given thenumber of games that the Jackets have lost this season when Mason played poorly.

section 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Look unless someone asks Mason specifically, we don't really know what pisse him off. Maybe he just felt he should have had that last shot and knew it cost his team the extra point. Maybe it was just tension built up over an 1-round SO. Or maybe he was upset that his shooters couldn't beat the other guy.

If it was the last, then I have a problem with it. Regardless the reason, Nash should have been the first to find him in the locker room and tell him great job and we'll pick you up next time.

Old
12-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Boy how nice of a game that was to not have to listen to Davidge or Rimmer, how refreshing it was
I didn't care for Gare much but I really can't stand listening to Davidge. I thought I would like Davidge on T.V. but I was way wrong.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:21 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Look unless someone asks Mason specifically, we don't really know what pisse him off. Maybe he just felt he should have had that last shot and knew it cost his team the extra point. Maybe it was just tension built up over an 1-round SO. Or maybe he was upset that his shooters couldn't beat the other guy.

If it was the last, then I have a problem with it. Regardless the reason, Nash should have been the first to find him in the locker room and tell him great job and we'll pick you up next time.
Great post. I agree.
I have a love/hate relationship with his reaction, and probably still even if I knew why he did it.

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:21 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
I didn't care for Gare much but I really can't stand listening to Davidge. I thought I would like Davidge on T.V. but I was way wrong.
Agreed, he's better then Gare, not that thats saying much, but the constant bad cliche's and romanticizing things, gets annoying. When Raffi took the puck to the mouth he kept saying "wow, look how tough he is, he doesnt even want to leave the ice" uhh, he just got hit in the face with the puck, he probably doesnt want to move PERIOD!

Old
12-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Kev22

You guys could start a Davidge drinking game with the phrase "goal scorers goal." Guaranteed to leave every participant sloppy drunk.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
You guys could start a Davidge drinking game with the phrase "goal scorers goal." Guaranteed to leave every participant sloppy drunk.
i draw the line at having to drink when he says "let the puck do the work" I like drinking...but that's cause to go have a transplant stat

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Listening to the VS announcers was a nice change from the R&D show.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:14 PM
MattTheMask
Cbus for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Yup, it was a good sell.

And Duncan Keith is always, ALWAYS, going to be the dude that got ragdolled by Svitov to me. Always. He could cure cancer and win the Nobel Prize and all I'm going to think when I see him is "somebody's gotta get in there! Vandermeer's gotta get in there!"

There ya go

MattTheMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:16 PM
GoodVybes

Quote:
As someone who plays as well, nothing pisses off a player like a pissed off sieve Get everything in order in your house before criticizing others
Except, he was nto a sieve. Look at the back to back games. He lets in two goals monday night and three last night. Not a sieve. He stops some big name goal scorers in the shootout and the best his guys can muster is one goal. I hold to my belief that he was just pissed off. It wasn't a temper tantrum or whining. The team as a whole were to blame for the losing streak and for the shootout last night. I would bet money that when Hitch heard about it, he had a big ole grin.

Don't remember who it was, but somebody put their arm around Mason as he was coming onto the bench and did or said something. That was a sign of support, not disrespect.

GoodVybes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:18 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVybes View Post
Except, he was nto a sieve. Look at the back to back games. He lets in two goals monday night and three last night. Not a sieve. He stops some big name goal scorers in the shootout and the best his guys can muster is one goal. I hold to my belief that he was just pissed off. It wasn't a temper tantrum or whining. The team as a whole were to blame for the losing streak and for the shootout last night. I would bet money that when Hitch heard about it, he had a big ole grin.

Don't remember who it was, but somebody put their arm around Mason as he was coming onto the bench and did or said something. That was a sign of support, not disrespect.
Im referring more to the shoot outs, in which he has been terrible in this season.

I think it was Brassard that was trying to give some support

Old
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVybes View Post
Brassard and Boll both gave him a pat as he came off the ice.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Anybody else think Beninati and (to a greater extent) Reaugh were homering for the Hawks last night?

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Anybody else think Beninati and (to a greater extent) Reaugh were homering for the Hawks last night?
That has to be expected because Chicago is the "sexy" pick this year. Really, there young talent is the best in the league, but our talent is not far behind. This will be a good rivalry for many years to come. The only thing that bothered me about the crew last night was the analyst complaining that Brassard was not called for diving, otherwise I thought it was a good break from the norm.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Really, there young talent is the best in the league, but our talent is not far behind.
You really think that? I mean, I guess that could be true if Filatov actually lives up to his potential for our team, but if not, I don't think it's close. And are you counting Rick Nash as young talent? It could be close if you count him...

Ar-too is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 04:58 PM
99 CBJ

I think what Mason did shows his passion for winning and passion = heart. I would like to see more of this kind of heart out of the rest of the team. Hell I would like to see more of this kind of passion out of all Ohio teams. All of these excuses for losing are getting old throughout Ohio sports teams. The players need to get pissed more often and they would be better off. Just watch what happens when Nash gets pissed off, he is unstoppable, it doesn't happen enough in my opinion. Without it they look like they just take losing in stride and move on to the next excuse.

As for the Fox broadcast crew, just listening to them is reason to drink, it does not need to be specific phrases.

99 CBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Handyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Yeah, although it wasn't that bad. But I guess it's mostly because they know Chicago much better than Columbus because of their media coverage? Columbus isn't that media sexy...

But they said a lot of good things about Columbus too, was loads of fun to watch a game with them announcing it.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Before the game, I wasnt real confident about the outcome. To be tied going into the third and leading shortly into the third, I was thrilled. The shootout was a letdown, but I was happy for Mason that it went as long as it did.

I like the emotion Mase displayed. He wants to win.

This team is showing good signs in the last few games, lets see them build off of it.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 06:48 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post

There ya go
I miss Sveets, I dont care that he wasnt the most gifted offensive player, dude was a beast and we've never replaced that type of toughness with some sort of skill. I'd take Sveets any time over Boll or Dorsett,

Old
12-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Monk

Quote:
I miss Sveets, I dont care that he wasnt the most gifted offensive player, dude was a beast and we've never replaced that type of toughness with some sort of skill. I'd take Sveets any time over Boll or Dorsett,
Same, 100%.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote