HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What I'd like to see the Oilers do...

Old
12-02-2009, 12:45 AM
braino

vCash: 500
What I'd like to see the Oilers do...

I am a huge Oiler fan and I know the Oilers lack that sandpaper...some of the smaller guys really try to play tough but this happens in short spurts. The Oilers really need some guys with size/wingspan and some more grit with their top 2 lines. Here's what I suggest they look at.

1. Start with a small deal. 7th dman in Boston Johnny Boychuk is 6'2 225 and was named the AHL MVP dman last year. He provides offense and grit where I compare him to a Bieksa type. To see Strudwick play every night is painful and I think if the Oilers can deal Liam Reddox and some sort of pick like a 3rd rounder he'd be a good addition. Might come cheaper cause he's a 7th dman.

2. We need to keep Hemsky & S.Gagner in my opinion. It is time to look at acquiring more size for O'Sullivan, Nilsson or Comrie. Teams would like O'Sullivan the most I think therefore could we possibly steal Patrik Berglund (C) 6'4 210 from the Blues since he has been in the doghouse all year on the 4th line? What about O'Sullivan for Berglund straight up? Berglund would be Paajarvi's future center.

3. A team like Carolina may want to shake things up. The Canes are known to be a very slow team this year and maybe Robert Nilsson going to Carolina might be an option. This is more of a $$ thing and we simply take a pick back. 2nd or 3rd.

4. Sign Chris Simon out of Russia somehow. This may sound crazy but the guy always proved he could play and he's be excellent on the 4th line LW. I might be stretching this ask but he can still play.

Oilers future
S.Gagner - Penner - Hemsky
P.Berglund - Paajarvi-Svensson - Eberle
Horcoff - Jacques - Brule ...the checking line
Cogliano - Simon/Moreau - Stortini
Ry.Stone, Potulny as extra's

Grebeshkov - Souray
Visnovsky - Gilbert
Smid - Boychuk
Staios (eventually let him walk)

braino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:44 AM
winfive

I would go a bit further.I would trade Penner to Boston for Ryder (salary dump),Toronto's 1st.('10),Toronto's 2 nd.('10).Trade Souray to Phoenix for Vandermeer & their 1st.('10).Khabybulin to Detroit for Osgood plus another salary dump player & their 1st.('10).Carolina would then be offered Gilbert,Cogliano plus the Phoenix 1st.('10) & Toronto's 2nd.('10) for Eric Staal.3 first rounders in '10 (Oilers,Toronto's & Detroit's).

Jacque Staal Hemsky
Paavari Gagner Eberle
Potulny Horcoff Stortini
Brule Hall/Seguin Stone

Visnovski Smid
Staios Chorney
Vandermeer Plante/Petry

DesLaurier
Dubnyk

Move O'Sullivan,Ryder,Moreau,Nilsson if the rookies stay.

winfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:47 AM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winfive View Post
I would go a bit further.I would trade Penner to Boston for Ryder (salary dump),Toronto's 1st.('10),Toronto's 2 nd.('10).Trade Souray to Phoenix for Vandermeer & their 1st.('10).Khabybulin to Detroit for Osgood plus another salary dump player & their 1st.('10).Carolina would then be offered Gilbert,Cogliano plus the Phoenix 1st.('10) & Toronto's 2nd.('10) for Eric Staal.3 first rounders in '10 (Oilers,Toronto's & Detroit's).

Jacque Staal Hemsky
Paavari Gagner Eberle
Potulny Horcoff Stortini
Brule Hall/Seguin Stone

Visnovski Smid
Staios Chorney
Vandermeer Plante/Petry

DesLaurier
Dubnyk

Wow...

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:53 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

I would just get a beer and hope for the best, this team is saddled with many bad contracts.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:

Jacque Staal Hemsky
Paavari Gagner Eberle
Potulny Horcoff Stortini
Brule Hall/Seguin Stone

Visnovski Smid
Staios Chorney
Vandermeer Plante/Petry

DesLaurier
Dubnyk

and with this team we will be getting a top 2 pick in 2011 and possibly2012

one of the worst set of Dmen and even worse set of goalies

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:18 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
I like watching this board when they hit the self destruct bottom

it is like watching Kirk and the boys stuck in some time warp paradox on the enterprise

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:47 AM
n00b1AnPr1nc355

Quote:

Jacque Staal Hemsky
Paavari Gagner Eberle
Potulny Horcoff Stortini
Brule Hall/Seguin Stone

Visnovski Smid
Staios Chorney
Vandermeer Plante/Petry

DesLaurier
Dubnyk

Maybe we could even send that 2nd round toronto pick to Pittsburgh for crosby and malkin. The pick alone probably wouldn't be enough so maybe throw in nilsson too, just to make the cap issues work and let Pittsburgh feel like they are getting a player back.

Do you think LA and ATL would be interested in a three-way? We send strudwick and stortini out, and receive kopitar and kovalchuk in return. Strudwicks usefulness as a forward or defence would be enticing for anyteam while stortini can grow a beard quicker than anyone - something a team like LA would die for.

Last edited by n00b1AnPr1nc355: 12-02-2009 at 11:19 AM.
n00b1AnPr1nc355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Little Fury

Quote:

Jacque Staal Hemsky
Paavari Gagner Eberle
Potulny Horcoff Stortini
Brule Hall/Seguin Stone

Visnovski Smid
Staios Chorney
Vandermeer Plante/Petry

DesLaurier
Dubnyk

Little Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fury View Post
Give me a hit mofo.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
nullterm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
I would just get a beer and hope for the best, this team is saddled with many bad contracts.
Make it whiskey and that's probably the most realistic and sensible thing.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote