HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers claim Christensen/Valiquette waived (UPDATE: Clears waivers)

Old
12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
You have no idea what it take to win hockey games...if u don't like checking and fighting in hockey...watch figure skating
And you have no idea to whom you are talking. If you think a talentless immobile dman is the answer you should watch the ECHL.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Where did you hear brash is hurt ?
Gross.

http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
So Erik Christensen's presence will all of a sudden transform Boyle into Joel Otto?
Probably not, but Sather or someone must think that Christensen's 41% FO percentage will scare Boyle into winning a faceoff!

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
D713B

Quote:
This is a year over due. Steve is a dear friend and really nice guy. He has been way to inconsistent to be in the NHL. Steve battles personal issues like a severe lack of personal confidence that he sees a shrink for and this public knowledge so please don't get upset been in the papers . The Leafs will 100% grab him he will never make it back to the Rangers. Torts finally makes a move and the funny part it is once again a guy that is a leader in the locker room. Why waive Steve when Voros is the worst player on the team. Valli is a locker room leader. He speaks fluent Russian and he and his wife are the ones that set up the team parties and functions, I know I hate Torts and this is a good team move but stinks he is such a great guy
This move could be Sather for all we know. There have been rumblings of the players not being happy with some of Tortorella's decisions but ultimately all personnel moves are up to Glen. With details limited at the moment it's hard to place blame on anyone. It appears to be a "conditioning stint", according to John, aimed at getting Vally back on track and boosting his confidence so, after all, he may not be going anywhere.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:33 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Sorry, it is direct towards Fitzy or whatever his name is.

I guess Mike Rupp was a dumb signing by the Penguins and I remember reading when we were trying to sign Chris Neil how everyone was against it.

I love watching Brooks Orpik and Bill Guerin smacking Gabby around and not one guy come to his aid...

But we don't need tough guys...that is not winning hockey.
But the 6'7 Boyle, Voros, Brashear are the definition of TOUGH, no?

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orr Nightmare

So why did the Sharks claim him...let me guess..they have no idea what their doing.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
showjaxx

vCash: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
or maybe Jesus will step down from heaven and play centerman for Gabby and Vinny

I'm pretty sure Jesus already plays on that line. Maybe Sather calls up Judas from hell to stand next to Henke all game.

showjaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

I guess Mike Rupp was a dumb signing by the Penguins and I remember reading when we were trying to sign Chris Neil how everyone was against it.

I love watching Brooks Orpik and Bill Guerin smacking Gabby around and not one guy come to his aid...

The thought thats Chris Neil and Orpik could be on the Rangers right now is irksome.... agreed

They are the dimension this team misses

12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
RegalRangers

Real sad to see such a great guy on the way out. Great mask too. I hope he's still Spiderman wherever he ends up. Thanks for all the Philly wins Valli.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:

Hey kid I love your posts and thinking but pick your wars on here. 70% of this board has no clue about tough hockey and sticking up for teammates . The guys that do you will see it quickly. We are soft and Torts is soft team coach end of story.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers84

YES!!! Chad Johnson is going to be lights out, mark my words.

NYRangers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
The thought thats Chris Neil and Orpik could be on the Rangers right now is irksome.... agreed

They are the dimension this team misses
Yep. Missing dimension to this team.

Old
12-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Orr Nightmare

Poeman,

Not by my standards.

I would classify Brashear as being tough before he came here...not he is old and fragile...maybe it was the Belak punch that ended it for him

I knew Boyle was soft...just watch his fights from last year.

Voros...do i really need to comment on him.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:35 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:

Fitzy played the game at a higher level than pretty much everyone on this site. I think he knows a thing or two about hockey but thats JMO.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Better then the crap we have now...at least he would defend our goalie and gabby...or is that not important...
You're absolutely right. Almost every player Sather gets is of the same pushover mold. I'm not sure what it is going to take for him to realize this is no longer 1985 and you need to pay a tough physical game from big players combined with your skilled players to win in this league.

Our centers are all soft and play a soft style game. Dubi is the only one who hits and he's not of the frame to intimidate anyone.

Our wingers are mostly the same in that they are gritty and have some balls (Avery, Cally) are all heart but very small.

Even our defense with the exception of maybe Staal and Girardi may as well all be wingers. MDZ and Gilroy should be the only puck rushing, offensive minded D men we have on this team. We need bangers on the back line. We need bangers on the wing. We need a banger to watch over Gabby.

We haven't played the Flyers yet but you can bet they will throw us around like rag dolls.

ORR has every right to be frustrated. If you aren't frustrated with Sather's yearly cream puff pickups then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not calling for a goon squad but when the Mike Rupps of the world score a hatty on you, it's because you are getting pushed around.

Sather thinks a team of four small "creative" lines with one fighter and four small "creative" defenseman will win in this leage and he's dead wrong. Why do you think Torts keeps moving Brashear up? He the only one with size that uses it and he doesn't even do it well.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
King of cool
The winning hat

Quotes from Torts after practice.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...notes-1.811976

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Quote:
This is a year over due. Steve is a dear friend and really nice guy. He has been way to inconsistent to be in the NHL. Steve battles personal issues like a severe lack of personal confidence that he sees a shrink for and this public knowledge so please don't get upset been in the papers . The Leafs will 100% grab him he will never make it back to the Rangers. Torts finally makes a move and the funny part it is once again a guy that is a leader in the locker room. Why waive Steve when Voros is the worst player on the team. Valli is a locker room leader. He speaks fluent Russian and he and his wife are the ones that set up the team parties and functions, I know I hate Torts and this is a good team move but stinks he is such a great guy
If Valli gets claimed, blame Sather, not Torts.

They weren't able to send him down for a conditioning stint because Valli's contract stays on the cap and it would have put them over.

I understand you hate Torts but this mistake is due to Sather's cap mismanagement.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pwoz

We should've kept Reitz.

pwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:38 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Fitzy played the game at a higher level than pretty much everyone on this site. I think he knows a thing or two about hockey but thats JMO.
Most of us know a thing or two about hockey. That doesn't make him right and everyone else wrong because he's played a bunch.

Trottier player at a higher level than 'Fitzy'. How did his ideas pan out?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
We should've kept Reitz.

didnt he get beat up by Zherdev in Russia? Like we need that?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:39 PM
NYR Viper

Per Blue Notes:

Torts says the Ranger scouts have had their eyes on him for a while and have wanted to get him here for a while. it is basically a second chance for him here. He also says that once Dubi returns some decisions will have to be made but that is a little ways off.

Brashear is injured but it is unknown how long he will be out at this time.

Sounds like threats for the players who arent producing to pick it up.

Old
12-02-2009, 12:40 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
didnt he get beat up by Zherdev in Russia? Like we need that?
lol true.

This team just needs someone to protect their teammates.. I thought that was Brashear's whole career... well that and taking dumb penalties.. but we have Boyle and Voros for that!

pwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
lol true.

This team just needs someone to protect their teammates.. I thought that was Brashear's whole career... well that and taking dumb penalties.. but we have Boyle and Voros for that!
There is a reason why Sather and Torts pushed hard to get Chis Neil in NY this offseason. They saw that this team was a bit soft and needed that edge. Unfortunately they werent able to address it.

Old
NYRangers84

This just might be that one move needed to get this team going... granted we aren't going to become cup contenders instantly but at least it might make us play like a competitive team.

NYRangers84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Most of us know a thing or two about hockey. That doesn't make him right and everyone else wrong because he's played a bunch.

Trottier player at a higher level than 'Fitzy'. How did his ideas pan out?
Where the hell did I say that he was right and everyone else was wrong? I was just pointing out that the dude isn't some moron who doesn't understand the game as Orr Nighmare was insinuating.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote