HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edm-Car

Old
12-01-2009, 04:58 PM
83oIlErSfAn

vCash: 500
Edm-Car

To Edmonton
Staal
Gleason

To Carolina
Horcoff
Visnovsky
Nilsson

83oIlErSfAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:07 PM
dmacin2*

I sure wish that you were the GM of the Carolina Hurricanes. I am sure though if you were you woudn't even think about making this trade.

Horcoff and Nilsson have negative trade value. Visnovsky isn't exactly what a team who is destined for a lottery pick needs.

Also for Carolina to trade Staal expect it to be a huge overpayment.

Something along the lines of Hemsky, Brule, Grebs Petry and a 1st.

Something the Oilers would not do.

The only packagae that Horc, Vis and Rowbear would get you is Huet and Campbell or 2 other incredibly bad contracts

dmacin2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:15 PM
tornado88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83oIlErSfAn View Post
To Edmonton
Staal
Gleason

To Carolina
Horcoff
Visnovsky
Nilsson
Please read what Jason Gregor had to say about this type of trade proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Gregor
If you read that Eric Staal is coming here, make sure you count to 50 and ask yourself, “Will I look like a complete fool if I even mention this?” If you reach 50 and still are tempted to bring it up, then be prepared to be mocked. Staal is not being traded.

tornado88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
mcote97

How about: Horcoff and our 1st rounder to NYI for Martin Biron? Condition is whenever dipietro is ready to go.

mcote97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Lt Screwloose

Great, another thread on getting Eric Staal...

Carolina IS NOT TRADING their young, all-star center!!!!
They are gonna re-build for the next couple of years, so they will trade their older players.........

That brings me to my second point, why on earth would they trade staal for aging players who are being payed big bucks and a soft, overpayed shrimp?
If Carolina were to trade Staal for some dumb reason, it would be for high picks and young talent

Lt Screwloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:24 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
To Edmonton
Staal
Gleason

To Carolina
Horcoff
Visnovsky
Nilsson

Try

Gagner, Gilbert, JFJ/2nd round pick for Staal.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:25 PM
oilmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcote97 View Post
How about: Horcoff and our 1st rounder to NYI for Martin Biron? Condition is whenever dipietro is ready to go.
better question is why?
we are looking like a lottery team, why would we do this?

oilmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:26 PM
n00b1AnPr1nc355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Screwloose View Post

They are gonna re-build for the next couple of years, so they will trade their older players.........

That brings me to my second point, why on earth would they trade staal for aging players who are being payed big bucks and a soft, overpayed shrimp?
If Carolina were to trade Staal for some dumb reason, it would be for high picks and young talent

nice more trade proposals. I say we just make this board the trade proposal board and forgt talkng about oilrs altogether.

trade proposal threads = lowest form of msg board banter, which is saying a lot.

n00b1AnPr1nc355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:26 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Screwloose View Post

Who knows, who knows...Don't forget this is Carolina and Staal is getting 8.2M per year. If they can get a blue chipper + a pair of young roster players, they might look hard into it...

Old
12-01-2009, 05:27 PM
ferbs61

Quote:
This is the worst proposal I've seen in a long time. Horcoff is so bad that we take a **** goalie in return and also trade away our first pick which will be in the top 3? Come on...

ferbs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:28 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmachine View Post
better question is why?
we are looking like a lottery team, why would we do this?
Yes, we should be adding picks if anything. Horcoff's here to stay and it's OK, I think. If the full out re-build is on the agenda, you do need a couple of vets and you also need to reach the cap floor.

Old
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Lt Screwloose

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Who knows, who knows...Don't forget this is Carolina and Staal is getting 8.2M per year. If they can get a blue chipper + a pair of young roster players, they might look hard into it...
sure, but they certaintly wont want 30+ players (age-wise)

Oilers would have to start with
Gilbert, Gagner 1st

I say pass

Lt Screwloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
mcote97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferbs61 View Post
This is the worst proposal I've seen in a long time. Horcoff is so bad that we take a **** goalie in return and also trade away our first pick which will be in the top 3? Come on...
The way I look at it is 5 years with the guy. No matter what we are not going to contend for 3-5 years the way things are going so the picks will be there I also didn't specify year of pick if hall is the guy then give them our 2011 pick. People on here have to stop thinking we are a move away from being a contender. We should have tanked 2 years ago and gone after Stamkos, but the team thought it would be a great idea to go on a too late run without horcoff giving us the 14th pick and no playoffs. Yes the pick is the all mighty Eberle but I don't think he could save this team! And for Biron, look at it as a cap dump!

mcote97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Stoneman89

Apparantly some people think every other teams GM's are complete retards.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 05:52 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
To Edmonton
Staal
Gleason

To Carolina
Horcoff
Visnovsky
Nilsson

LawnDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 07:42 PM
camboy

I'd love for the Oilers to aquire Staal, but that proposal is not even close. If Staal was available(which I doubt), it would take at least our 2010 1st rounder, and a couple of our better players and/or prospects.

I did see this quote today debunking the recent internet rumours about Staal.

from Lyle Richardson of The Hockey News:

"Ignore the silly Internet rumors claiming Rutherford could ship franchise player Eric Staal to Edmonton. Staal is the last player the Hurricanes will move. If they did want to, it would have to be by his request, which he hasn’t made and isn’t expected to."

camboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 07:55 PM
billranford30

Carolina would have absolutely no reason to trade Staal, unless they were looking to dump his salary.

To then turn around and trade him for two big contracts and an overpaid depth player would neutralize the salary dump. Which leaves you with a hockey trade. Evaluated as a hockey trade, would you trade a first line center (franchise center in the eyes of some) at age 25 for a 30+ second liner, a 30+ second-tier offensive defenseman, and a soft depth player? And then throw in a useful defenseman for good measure?

No.

billranford30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Seanzie888

Quote:
How did you post that?

I can't even get through the proposal with a straight face!

Seriously though, our 1st rounder is worth more than Biron and Horcoff combined...which isn't saying much. If we give up our first you better believe it'll be for a real player, not a 1A tender which we don't need. Khabibulin will return soon enough, don't get ancy. Besides, its not like we need him right now. Not even Luongo could keep us from sinking into oblivion.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 03:42 AM
hemskysuncle

on the other hand, Whitney could be considered on the block, or at least available. With Hemsky gone, acquiring Whitney could make things a bit more interesting around here, especially if Comrie comes back well, we could have two castoffs bring the Oilers back to respectability

Whitney for Nilsson and Nash?

hemskysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 04:44 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacin2 View Post
I sure wish that you were the GM of the Carolina Hurricanes. I am sure though if you were you woudn't even think about making this trade.

Horcoff and Nilsson have negative trade value. Visnovsky isn't exactly what a team who is destined for a lottery pick needs.

Also for Carolina to trade Staal expect it to be a huge overpayment.

Something along the lines of Hemsky, Brule, Grebs Petry and a 1st.

Something the Oilers would not do.

The only packagae that Horc, Vis and Rowbear would get you is Huet and Campbell or 2 other incredibly bad contracts

I think to get staal it would cost one of the young studs like gagner, cogliano or eberle and I don't see the canes taken on horcoff contract he is untradable

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
JustinCider

If the Oilers really wanted to make a play for staal, the deal would have to be something like...

Hemsky
Grebs
Eberle

and this is if Hemsky was healthy. It's a lot to give up, but in my mind, that's what it would take.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
If the Oilers really wanted to make a play for staal, the deal would have to be something like...

Hemsky
Grebs
Eberle

and this is if Hemsky was healthy. It's a lot to give up, but in my mind, that's what it would take.
Switch Eberle with Cornet then I would consider it

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote