HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players being offered around the league

Old
12-02-2009, 09:32 AM
LouisJCloutier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
So, going back to my original thread/post!

- Stewart
- Latendresse (mission accomplished)
- Chipchura (mission accomplished)
- Sergei Kostitsyn

Who is next???
Stewart is somewhat done since he cleared waivers. I don't see the point in trading Sergei right now just for the sake of it. But he could be part of something bigger, or maybe it's just another Grabovski case.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
We have 26 players on the roster...

16 forwards

Gionta & Kostitsyn are injured so we have 14 forwards

8 def

Markov is injured so we have 7 defensemen

2 goalies

So we have 23 players until one of our injuries comes back... no need for other changes for some times now.
So, when A.Kost comes back, Bob dump D'Ago somewhere

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
So, when A.Kost comes back, Bob dump D'Ago somewhere
or Laraque - which would actually be good asset management..

1. Mike Cammalleri
2. Tomas Plekanec
3. Brian Gionta
4. Scott Gomez
5. Andrei Kostitsyn
6. Glen Metropolit
7. Travis Moen

8. Sergei Kostitsyn
9. Maxim Lapierre
10. Benoit Pouliot
11. Ryan White
12. Tom Pyatt
13. Matt D'Agostini
14. Max Pacioretty

15. Georges Laraque

I only can find 15-forwards with Chipchura gone. We have had 19 forwards in total this year. Two (2) have been traded (Latendresse, Chipchura) and three (3) have been sent down (Desharnais, Stewart, Wyman). We have four (4) of whom are exempt from waivers (Pyatt, White, Pacioretty, Sergei). We've had one (1) player no suit up for us yet (Pouliot).

I split our forwards in three (3) groups above. The guys who will play no matter what, the guys who need to fight for their ice-time, and the useless.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 12-02-2009 at 09:51 AM.
One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
or Laraque - which would actually be good asset management..
I really hope they waive Laraque too. They should keep D'Agostini and White/Pyatt for spares.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Montréal would be lucky to get a Kris Draper, Winnipeg jets jersey for Stewart.

Any trades will make will just suck, or be really small ones where we just dwindle away our depth.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:51 AM
shutehinside

Marinaro just scored some major credibility points imo. 3 down, 1 to go!

I would imagine with the Habs trimming all the fat they will have the room to make a significant aquisition at or near the deadline should they be in a position to make a run by that time. I not, well he's endearing himself to the Molson's for cutting payroll. Hey a couple million here and there is nothing to turn your nose at.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 09:53 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Montréal would be lucky to get a Kris Draper, Winnipeg jets jersey for Stewart.

Any trades will make will just suck, or be really small ones where we just dwindle away our depth.
I agree with this. Trading away D'Agostini after moving Chipchura (different types of players, I know) is killing our depth. If we get in an injury situation again, I really don't want to see Mathieu Darche or Mike Glumac called up.

Chipchura, I can see the reason he had to go - we had 14 forwards who Gainey/Martin would rather have (listed in my post above). If they didn't want to send down White or Pyatt, they had to trade someone.

What a mess this would of kept us way from if we sent down Chipchura earlier this year and kept Sergei.

Old
12-02-2009, 09:55 AM
emb24*

the habs decide to trade or waive BGL, who i agree has been useless they better find someone to fight..we were banged around again last night. bring up neilson if need be, do something, moen isn't fighting. i think white could probably fight but not so well...

chip, stewart and laraque at times seem to be the only forwards who would fight

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:04 AM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
I agree with this. Trading away D'Agostini after moving Chipchura (different types of players, I know) is killing our depth. If we get in an injury situation again, I really don't want to see Mathieu Darche or Mike Glumac called up.

Chipchura, I can see the reason he had to go - we had 14 forwards who Gainey/Martin would rather have (listed in my post above). If they didn't want to send down White or Pyatt, they had to trade someone.

What a mess this would of kept us way from if we sent down Chipchura earlier this year and kept Sergei.
Would Segei have played as well though if we hadn't sent him down?

Chips got his chance but didn't take it, no time for being sentimental.

Am I the only one who thought Laraque beating on Orr might have given the team a lift last night?

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:13 AM
TheGoalJudge

I just find it funny how little of our prospects have turned out:

Higgins
McDonagh
Latendresse
Chipchura
Komisarek

...are all gone. Who else?

The only ones that have turned out are Plekanec and Price (and Halak). No one else is even good lol. And in classic fashion for a terrible team we wait until their absolute lowest points to get rid of them and get nothing in return.

TheGoalJudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:17 AM
kingdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post

Higgins
McDonagh
Latendresse
Chipchura
Komisarek

The only ones that have turned out are Plekanec and Price (and Halak). No one else is even good lol. And in classic fashion for a terrible team we wait until their absolute lowest points to get rid of them and get nothing in return.
Jozef Balej would like a word with you.

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
the habs decide to trade or waive BGL, who i agree has been useless they better find someone to fight..we were banged around again last night. bring up neilson if need be, do something, moen isn't fighting. i think white could probably fight but not so well...
Moen and White are the type of fighters that will stick up for a teammate...but not necessarily the guys that will go with another teams goon to shake things up.

If/when Laraque is dumped, yes i do agree that we need to go after a heavyweight...preferably one that will actually instigate the odd scuffle. Minnesota has Boogaard and Jon Scott, i would think we could pry one of them out of there for a pretty reasonable amount.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:

Higgins
McDonagh
Latendresse
Chipchura
Komisarek

So when were you planning on trading Komi? At the trade deadline when the team was trying to make the playoffs? We got Pouliot for Lats, not bad at all I would say. Sure, you could say that Higgins + McDonaugh could have gotten more than Gomez and his contract, but BG said there were no other Centers available.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
DeVries*

Now waive Laraque and move for a cheap, dirty player who doesn't skate with a fax in his jock strap. We need a guy that will scare the **** out of the opponent players, damn it.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
So when were you planning on trading Komi? At the trade deadline when the team was trying to make the playoffs? We got Pouliot for Lats, not bad at all I would say. Sure, you could say that Higgins + McDonaugh could have gotten more than Gomez and his contract, but BG said there were no other Centers available.
this was the trade: Acquired Scott Gomez, Tom Pyatt and Mike Busto from the New York Rangers for Chris Higgins, Ryan McDonagh, Pavel Valentenko and Doug Janik.

Valentenko took off for Russia probably never to be seen again. Doug Janik is a career AHLer. Chris Higgins still sucks. McDonagh is still in College and hasnt even taken charge of Gophers like he was expected to.

I dont know what Busto is gonna turn into but id say this trade turned out pretty good for the habs, no?

As for those advocating getting another tough guy, be aware that Neillson is NOT signed by the habs but by the bulldogs. He would have to be given a contract to play for us.

Before moving Leach and Chips, the habs were at the maximum of 50 contracts. Now they are are 48, which most likely will lead to someone else getting a contract, possibly Neillson.

Either way, it puts the habs in a more favourable position to get guys on the roster that will bring something.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
this was the trade: Acquired Scott Gomez, Tom Pyatt and Mike Busto from the New York Rangers for Chris Higgins, Ryan McDonagh, Pavel Valentenko and Doug Janik.

Valentenko took off for Russia probably never to be seen again. Doug Janik is a career AHLer. Chris Higgins still sucks. McDonagh is still in College and hasnt even taken charge of Gophers like he was expected to.

I dont know what Busto is gonna turn into but id say this trade turned out pretty good for the habs, no?

As for those advocating getting another tough guy, be aware that Neillson is NOT signed by the habs but by the bulldogs. He would have to be given a contract to play for us.

Before moving Leach and Chips, the habs were at the maximum of 50 contracts. Now they are are 48, which most likely will lead to someone else getting a contract, possibly Neillson.

Either way, it puts the habs in a more favourable position to get guys on the roster that will bring something.
Gophers is Minnesota and David Fischer. McDonagh plays for Wisconsin and has a lot more potential then Fischer. He could turn out to be a first paring defenseman.

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

Higgins
McDonagh
Latendresse
Chipchura
Komisarek

Those quys have done something. Komisarek might still be a very effective d-man and latendresse will continue to progress in Minny.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
I remember the Brad Richards rumors, I wish it would have come true because Brad Richards make a salary similar to Gomez but he is better.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:52 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
Gophers is Minnesota and David Fischer. McDonagh plays for Wisconsin and has a lot more potential then Fischer. He could turn out to be a first paring defenseman.
that's besides the point. eventually you gotta let go of this idea of "potential this and potential that" and get some results. McD wasnt gonna give us this when we needed it, so he was moved. Prospects get moved for bodies all the freakin' time. It's like it's a big deal when it happens here.

McDonaugh wouldnt be in the NHL even if he was still with the habs. Instead we have a very capable player named Pyatt playing for the habs right now and a 1st line center (despite those who are constantly complaining about his salary. Like as if it really matters what he makes in the grand scheme of things).

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:16 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by inBobwetrust View Post
Am I the only one who thought Laraque beating on Orr might have given the team a lift last night?
It would have given the team a huge lift.

But since Orr scored and probably isn't that stupid.. he'd just say "No thanks Georgie, I just scored - no reason to get beat up tonight when I'm on top of the world." and Georgie would have replied "dude, nice goal, so happy you finally got one for us fighters.. want to get some celery and broccoli after the game?"

Old
12-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
It would have given the team a huge lift.

But since Orr scored and probably isn't that stupid.. he'd just say "No thanks Georgie, I just scored - no reason to get beat up tonight when I'm on top of the world." and Georgie would have replied "dude, nice goal, so happy you finally got one for us fighters.. want to get some celery and broccoli after the game?"
The little chicken dance Komisarek did in front of Lapierres face didn't really help either,Lapierre never went near Komi the rest of the night

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
that's besides the point. eventually you gotta let go of this idea of "potential this and potential that" and get some results. McD wasnt gonna give us this when we needed it, so he was moved. Prospects get moved for bodies all the freakin' time. It's like it's a big deal when it happens here.

McDonaugh wouldnt be in the NHL even if he was still with the habs. Instead we have a very capable player named Pyatt playing for the habs right now and a 1st line center (despite those who are constantly complaining about his salary. Like as if it really matters what he makes in the grand scheme of things).
What do you mean "if it really matters?". Of course it matters. He's making double what he should make! We could get a solid second liner with the amount of money he's being overpaid by. If you add Gomez's overpayment and Hal Gill, that's like a $5M player.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:22 PM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Those quys have done something. Komisarek might still be a very effective d-man and latendresse will continue to progress in Minny.
If they ever do something relevant it will not be with us. These guys were all pretty high picks too.

Letting Komisarek go in free agency was.

If we knew we didn't want to keep him we could have dealt him a year earlier.

Old
12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Nidema

Quote:
If they ever do something relevant it will not be with us. These guys were all pretty high picks too.

Letting Komisarek go in free agency was.

If we knew we didn't want to keep him we could have dealt him a year earlier.
We wanted to keep him but couldn't. Hence all the booing last night.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
CanFan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I'd trade Laraque for a dollar like Draper was.
I always tought that Ray Sheppard was the one who was traded for a dollar.

LOL

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote