HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players being offered around the league

Old
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
If they ever do something relevant it will not be with us. These guys were all pretty high picks too.

Letting Komisarek go in free agency was.

If we knew we didn't want to keep him we could have dealt him a year earlier.
Wow, this right here needs to be saved for all to see, Komisarek said after 07-08 he wanted to stay and you don't deal a piece like Komo if your team is considered a Stanley cup contender.

PEOPLE need to get their heads out of their ***** and just step back and evaluate the situation carefully

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanFan05 View Post
I always tought that Ray Sheppard was the one who was traded for a dollar.

LOL
Are you kidding? I would pay for teams to take laraque off us....

edit* sorry this was in reference to an earlier poster saying they would trade laraque for a dollar

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
Wow, this right here needs to be saved for all to see, Komisarek said after 07-08 he wanted to stay and you don't deal a piece like Komo if your team is considered a Stanley cup contender.

PEOPLE need to get their heads out of their ***** and just step back and evaluate the situation carefully
You sure about that?

Komi says I wanna stay

Bob considers Mike an important piece to the Habs

Then why the hell didn't he sign him during the season instead of waiting?

He did the same with Souray,Streit and others,if you consider a player important to you're team going forward,then lock him up and stop waiting cause you are gonna end up losing them all

Savard wanted to stay in Boston,he said it earlier this year,GM got on the phone and made sure he got a deal deal cause he knows come June,it's too late and the player will test the FA for the most money possible.

Problem is (IMO anyways) I'm not so sure Gainey knows in what direction he is going

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 01:59 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
You sure about that?

Komi says I wanna stay

He did the same with Souray,Streit and others,if you consider a player important to you're team going forward,then lock him up and stop waiting cause you are gonna end up losing them all

Savard wanted to stay in Boston,he said it earlier this year,GM got on the phone and made sure he got a deal deal cause he knows come June,it's too late and the player will test the FA for the most money possible.

Problem is (IMO anyways) I'm not so sure Gainey knows in what direction he is going
I'm not defending the Gainey strategy of signing players because frankly I think it is stupid,

but you cannot tell me, that anyone thinking of trading Komo last year in say September wouldn't have been ridiculed senseless. We were making a run at the cup and the organization thought he would resign and he didn't. Is it Bobs fault, maybe, it's debatable both ways. But at the same time we cannot just go back and magically say yeah we should have traded Komo, Koivu, and Kovalev, just because it makes sense now, because it sure as **** didn't make sense then.

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:16 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
You sure about that?

Komi says I wanna stay

you should know that Komi didnt want to stay. He had already made up his mind. The habs saw him as a future captain and didnt expect him to leave at all. But he did (for a variety of reasons, probably none that you're thinking though). The guy didnt give a damn about the team anymore. Now it would of been nice for the brass to know this in advance instead of it being a big surprise but what you gonna do.

anyways, trading a pending UFA like Komi wouldnt of fetched us all that much, and you know it. The guy was beyond horrible last season and the only team that was interested in his service at his price tag was the Leafs (dont forget that Komi was also known as the biggest ass kisser in the locker room and was pretty much hated by the whole team save for 2 guys).

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
I'm not defending the Gainey strategy of signing players because frankly I think it is stupid,

but you cannot tell me, that anyone thinking of trading Komo last year in say September wouldn't have been ridiculed senseless. We were making a run at the cup and the organization thought he would resign and he didn't. Is it Bobs fault, maybe, it's debatable both ways. But at the same time we cannot just go back and magically say yeah we should have traded Komo, Koivu, and Kovalev, just because it makes sense now, because it sure as **** didn't make sense then.
But again you need to identify your important players like he did with Komisarek saying he was priority,what priority he waited until late June to try and work out a deal.Earlier in the year Komisarek was hurt and missed a bunch of games, I'm sure there was time to work out a deal.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:25 PM
OneCupTwoFour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
you should know that Komi didnt want to stay. He had already made up his mind. The habs saw him as a future captain and didnt expect him to leave at all. But he did (for a variety of reasons, probably none that you're thinking though). The guy didnt give a damn about the team anymore. Now it would of been nice for the brass to know this in advance instead of it being a big surprise but what you gonna do.

anyways, trading a pending UFA like Komi wouldnt of fetched us all that much, and you know it. The guy was beyond horrible last season and the only team that was interested in his service at his price tag was the Leafs (dont forget that Komi was also known as the biggest ass kisser in the locker room and was pretty much hated by the whole team save for 2 guys).
Really? I must have missed this when this news came out? Was it over the summer? Did he actually say some of this or is it media speculation?

I'm not being sarcastic and I'm asking honestly because the way you wrote that it sounds like it's common knowledge (and I must have missed it)...

Any more info I'd appreciate it...

OneCupTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:26 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Sergei's name on that list has been scratched out and replaced with D'Agostinis.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sergei's name on that list has been scratched out and replaced with D'Agostinis.
Change of hearth?

A couple of months ago i was an incompetent idiot for not liking or wanting D'Agostini in the line-up....

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Change of hearth?

A couple of months ago i was an incompetent idiot for not liking or wanting D'Agostini in the line-up....
Couple months ago we didn't have Cammy and Gionta.

Old
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM
JackZap

any chance we can package Gainey for a 3rd rounder?

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Couple months ago we didn't have Cammy and Gionta.
If i'm correct that's still 6 more wingers to go, no....

Anyways, what doesyour line-up look like now?

Old
12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:

So then why didn't we re-sign him then? Don't tell me because he wanted to leave.

Edit: Nevermind, you already did.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
If i'm correct that's still 6 more wingers to go, no....

Anyways, what doesyour line-up look like now?
Cammy-Pleks-Andrei
Sergei-Gomez-Gionta
Patches-Metro-Moen
White-Lapierre-Pyatt.

Markov-O'Byrne
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges-Mara

Price
Halak

Old
12-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Cammy-Pleks-Andrei
Sergei-Gomez-Gionta
Patches-Metro-Moen
White-Lapierre-Pyatt.

Markov-O'Byrne
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gorges-Mara

Price
Halak
not a fan of Pouliot? that LW spot on the Gomez line is screaming for him imo.

Old
12-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Thorn

Quote:
But again you need to identify your important players like he did with Komisarek saying he was priority,what priority he waited until late June to try and work out a deal.Earlier in the year Komisarek was hurt and missed a bunch of games, I'm sure there was time to work out a deal.
For all we know an extension was attempted. Maybe after coaching Gainey noticed things he didn't from a GM's pov. I just don't think it is as black and white as people say (of course the possibility exists).

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote