HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Nothin' But a Good Time" - 11.30.09 - Nashville vs Calgary 7:00 CST

Old
12-01-2009, 10:03 AM
MemphisMTLfan

vCash: 500
Did anyone play well last night?

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post

Ellis had a solid warmup.

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 10:35 AM
hplovecraft

From a Calgary perspective, I thought Erat was Nashville's most noticeable player because of his speed. He was one of the few players on that side skating and he caused a few issues for Calgary's D. I thought Weber had a fairly weak game, and he was responsible for Dawes being wide open for two shots on Rinne on his goal. Weber just stood there behind him and didn't tie him up at all, and Dawes isn't the biggest guy around... Usually Arnott scores on the Flames, so I was happy to see him stay ineffective most of the game, as well. On Calgary's end, Bouwmeester had a weaker game than usual and had slightly fewer minutes as a result.

hplovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 11:25 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
I thought Erat was the only guy in our lineup that had ANY jump last night.

Wardo and Leggy both had decent games... I also thought Klein played ok. Hey, I even thought Suter did a good job against Iggy until the game got a bit out of hand.

But besides those, no.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
deleted

Erat needed more than "jump" to salvage that game for himself. He gave up the puck for a breakaway and had 0 shots.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 01:35 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post
Erat needed more than "jump" to salvage that game for himself. He gave up the puck for a breakaway and had 0 shots.
Ah i love comments like this... That is like saying, "Vince Young threw 1 INT and had 0 TD passes", but you failed to mention that he has 600 yards passing.

Btw, there was a reason why Erat was moved up to the top line in the game -- guess ya missed it.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 01:50 PM
OpenWheel

According to Hoag' blog, Erat had the lowest shot (on goal) totals allowed by the team while on ice, at three, and so many shots of any kind generated by the team that he had by far the highest Corsi number last night at 14. (21 sf, only 7 against) Yet Hoag bags on him for not carrying his offensive load this season. Which is mostly true, but he seems to be going more now.

If Trotz could decide who his offensive players are supposed to be it would help.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 02:13 PM
MemphisMTLfan

The attendance was TERRIBLE!

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Ah i love comments like this... That is like saying, "Vince Young threw 1 INT and had 0 TD passes", but you failed to mention that he has 600 yards passing.

Btw, there was a reason why Erat was moved up to the top line in the game -- guess ya missed it.
lol, you're reaching. Completely different sports, so the importance of a TD to a goal is very different as is passing yards to passing in hockey. All I'm pointing out is that people say Erat played well, while I think he was responsible for a horrible turnover and brought nothing offensively. Was he the worst on the ice? no. Was he the best on the ice? no. Did he earn his $5 mil? no.

BTW, the top line did just as bad with him up there.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:49 PM
jstreet

vCash: 1453
Quote:
The attendance was TERRIBLE!
and was fitting for that atrocity. I went down to see a hockey game and was starting to wonder if I had showed up on the wrong night or something. I sure didnt see any hockey, I dont know what that was.

When Erat and Tootoo are the only people you notice all night then something is strange.

The disappointing part was that no one looked like they were remotely interested in working, which is our hallmark. They should at least save that crap for the road so I dont have to shell out the money to see it.

Another reason Im down is that due to work and travel I all but missed the entire 7 game winning streak and I finally made it down to the arena in time to see the guys lay an egg.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:27 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
Something else that bothers me about Nashville (although not necessarily tonight). It's a pet project of mine that I'm still working on, but they have to have the absolute worst shot percentage (counting misses and blocks) as team in the League (again, I've yet to verify this). I don't know if it's the manta of throwing pucks on net causing this perception of mine, but that should be fixable without abandoning the mantra.
I believe this. Every player misses the net, with the amount of shots taken and all the bodies it's inevitable, but it seems the Preds do it a higher than average amount of time. At the games you can hear people yelling about it all the time.

I remember when Hartnell was here, he would skate down the left side, fire a shot from the top of the circle, and -BANG- hit the glass over the goalie. Every time.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
jstreet

I felt like there was an exceptional amount of missed shots in this game. We joked about it all 3rd period long.

You have to figure if you aim somewhere close to the middle of the net you have a good 2 feet to work with on either side of your target, so blowing it wide by an additional 3 feet just seems absurd.

I guess it easy to say so from my cheap seats, but it was quite ridiculous that night.

Old
12-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

To those wondering, we are tied for 6th in the league for total missed shots. But, we've played less games than most teams, so our average is probably closer to 4th.

Det, Car, Tor are all worse. Pit, Mtl, Sjs are right behind us.

Another interesting note, I think it would surprise people to know that we are a top 10 team in shots on goal.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Another interesting note, I think it would surprise people to know that we are a top 10 team in shots on goal.
actually that does suprise me indeed