HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Officially last place in the Western Conference

Old
12-03-2009, 04:01 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
I don't think they ever have been.
Yeah but in fairness, the west is very tightly bunched to the point that the Oilers are what 7 points out of a playoff spot and 8 points out of 6th place so they are bad but this is not the low point in Oiler history.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 04:21 PM
FalconFan4life

Not to outdo the Oilers ,Springfield slipped to a tie for last place after yesterday's AHL games.Having said that, they are only 4 games out of 1st. place in their division,their slide started with callups of Ryan Potulny,Dean Arsene,Devan Dubnyk,Colin McDonald,and Ryan O'Marra.Difference between Edmonton & Springfield is that Springfield is in every one of their games and they play hard in every game they play especially at home where they have only 2 losses this season.

FalconFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Oiler Crude
3rd rate fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Yeah but in fairness, the west is very tightly bunched to the point that the Oilers are what 7 points out of a playoff spot and 8 points out of 6th place so they are bad but this is not the low point in Oiler history.
Nope, Olers need to "Turn up the good and turn down the suck".

Oiler Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 05:10 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
We'll like have a good sense of how this going to turn out after this current road trip.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Hunt4Oil

I've come to terms with it and I hope they go 0-5 on the rest of the trip. The only way this city is going to get a true Superstar to build around is by picking in the top 5, hopefully top 2.

Hunt4Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Stoneman89

I'm going to take this one step further, and say we should suck next year as well, and get another top 3 pick. Just to make sure we get this right.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
I'm going to take this one step further, and say we should suck next year as well, and get another top 3 pick. Just to make sure we get this right.
I take it you were listening to the Team around 3:00-3:50 today.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:10 PM
nafrelio

There's parity league wide - even at the bottom of the heap. The Oilers win one and climb 3-4 spots!

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafrelio View Post
There's parity league wide - even at the bottom of the heap. The Oilers win one and climb 3-4 spots!
Uh, no.

The teams they apparently leapfrogged didn't play and have games in hand.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
NMK

Its about being healthy for this team, not trades. Who could we trade right now anyway? We can't do a quantity for quality trade because we're so short right now as it is. The players who are injured won't be traded, and the ones who are healthy are generally performing as they should be. When your best forward and starting goalie are injured, and your best defenseman has missed half the season, plus all the other guys who've missed significant time this year already; Grebs, Pisani, Staios, JFJ, Brule, Comrie, etc... We're bound to be out of the playoffs. Worst case scenario, we end up with a solid pick in next year's draft to add to prospects Eberle and MPS. I still say this core has a solid shot of being a very good team if they can just stay healthy for a season.

NMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:43 PM
NMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconFan4life View Post
Not to outdo the Oilers ,Springfield slipped to a tie for last place after yesterday's AHL games.Having said that, they are only 4 games out of 1st. place in their division,their slide started with callups of Ryan Potulny,Dean Arsene,Devan Dubnyk,Colin McDonald,and Ryan O'Marra.Difference between Edmonton & Springfield is that Springfield is in every one of their games and they play hard in every game they play especially at home where they have only 2 losses this season.
With all of the injuries and the call-ups the Oilers have had to make, this is predictable as well. We have their top 4 or 5 players in the NHL right now.

NMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
FalconFan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMK View Post
With all of the injuries and the call-ups the Oilers have had to make, this is predictable as well. We have their top 4 or 5 players in the NHL right now.
My point exactly! With all that said,they are in every game to the end despite all the callups and a injury to a key player of their own = Chris Minard.

FalconFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote