HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 28: Dec 3rd Blue Jackets vs Toronto: The Win in 60 Edition

Old
12-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post
Yup. Chicks dig the Federal Rules of Evidence.

Hey, everyone: Detroit lost to Toronto this year. That means it's ok for us to lose to them. It's just one game.
Let's see. Detroit lost to Toronto. We lost to Detroit. We beat St. Louis. St Louis beat Detroit.

Yeah I got nothing.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Playing like lightweights works so well for us, that... oh wait, it doesn't. We need someone that provides a spark. We have size, but no one is willing to use it.

No way would anyone consider us tough to play against.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Let's see. Detroit lost to Toronto. We lost to Detroit. We beat St. Louis. St Louis beat Detroit.

Yeah I got nothing.
Well, both Detroit and Anaheim lost to Toronto and each of them have won a Stanley Cup in the last 5 years, so we're bound to win one in the next five.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
megashock5

Send a message via AIM to megashock5
Wasn't Quenville available when we were looking for a coach, and we passed?

EDIT: Holy crap! Did Ken just say it was HIS responsibility?

megashock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:55 PM
ScreamingWild
Jobu Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post
Yup. Chicks dig the Federal Rules of Evidence.

Hey, everyone: Detroit lost to Toronto this year. That means it's ok for us to lose to them. It's just one game.
Well we all know that these early games don't reeeeeeeally matter. These are just for fun and all.

What? It's not early anymore? That's okay. I hear they're gonna have the world by the assss by the end of December.

ScreamingWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Well, both Detroit and Anaheim lost to Toronto and each of them have won a Stanley Cup in the last 5 years, so we're bound to win one in the next five.
Toronto has also lost to Calgary and Minnesota, both of whom we've won against. Thus we are to be Cup-less for the next, what, 40-some years.

Or something.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by megashock5 View Post

Isn't that the Seventh Seal hastening Armageddon?

Old
12-03-2009, 08:59 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingWild View Post
Well we all know that these early games don't reeeeeeeally matter. These are just for fun and all.

What? It's not early anymore? That's okay. I hear they're gonna have the world by the assss by the end of December.
Best start ever!

Besides, the Jackets save their best for after All-Star/Olympic break.

Old
12-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Why this game sucked.
-Mike Todd bringing up Tiger Woods (did you know he runs a Dairy Queen during the day? Link)
-Lots of Empty Seats. (13,825? )
-People wearing Penguins Jerseys despite the abscence of actual Penguins (hockey or real) from the game
-People wearing both Blue Jackets and Maple Leafs gear at the same time
-Someone wearing a Justin Pogge jersey (not making this up. I failed to get a shot of it)
-Blue Jackets fans who were dicks to other people
-Maple Leafs fans who brought a Nationalistic element to an area where there shouldn't be any.
-Puck-Rakers commentator who called everyone who leaves early a quitter.
-Strange goaltending decisions by Hitchcock
-Nash doing that whole "go after the smallest guy on the team" routine. (We ***** about Neal though)
-Mike Commodore sucking. I understand that he isn't up to speed physically, but that shouldn't effect his mental game. He's making mental mistakes that kill the team. He should be in Syracuse.)
-The 1st and 2nd lines going through the motion the entire 2nd half of the game. (A little pride please?)

12-03-2009, 09:40 PM
aRussian

You know, this may just be heat of the moment but I don't think this is a playoff team and I don't think it will this season. We lost to the Maple Leafs. We have been losing by incredible amounts of fail over the season.

And Hitch needs to modify his system for Stralman and Tyutin because a defensive system with them in the backend sure as hell won't work. Tyutin turnover=goal, Stralman turnover=goal. They aren't good o-dmen so they don't make up what they give up.

I gave up study time too going to this game, but what the fans pay doesn't matter I guess. Take your millions and go home Jackets. I want change.
*Stares over the edge of cliff*

aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Rimers stache

Back from the game, got some great shots, and I finally had the courage to ask Hitch a question and I had a tickle in my throat in the middle of it lol. But seriously, we made McDonald look like a god. I don't get pulling Mason after giving up four, and according to Hitch it was the D's fault, so why did he pull him?

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimers stache View Post
Back from the game, got some great shots, and I finally had the courage to ask Hitch a question and I had a tickle in my throat in the middle of it lol. But seriously, we made McDonald look like a god. I don't get pulling Mason after giving up four, and according to Hitch it was the D's fault, so why did he pull him?

What was your question and how did he answer it?

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
countthecashricknash

The only bit of hope I still have left is that we are 4 points ahead of where we were at this point last year. It really does seem that some kind of change to something needs to be made. Something just isn't right with this team.

countthecashricknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:14 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countthecashricknash View Post
The only bit of hope I still have left is that we are 4 points ahead of where we were at this point last year. It really does seem that some kind of change to something needs to be made. Something just isn't right with this team.
I agree, and I'm sure it's lack of leadership and lack of passion. They just seem very laid back, which honestly is the same personality as their captain. I think this team desperately needs a couple leaders with fire in their eyes. I think that was Manny and Peca last year. Someone needs to step up, get angry and kick some ass. Who???

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
What was your question and how did he answer it?
I asked about the shorthanded chances and at the end asked who the leaders were (personally I haven't seen any leadership)

Old
12-03-2009, 10:23 PM
countthecashricknash

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I agree, and I'm sure it's lack of leadership and lack of passion. They just seem very laid back, which honestly is the same personality as their captain. I think this team desperately needs a couple leaders with fire in their eyes. I think that was Manny and Peca last year. Someone needs to step up, get angry and kick some ass. Who???
I feel like during 5v5 play there is no passion AT ALL. I thought last year it was Commie and RJ who were the ones who supposedly brought the fire to the room so where are they at now? I'm just so sick of hearing "the players haven't fully bought in". Well guess what Hitch? THAT'S YOUR ****IN JOB!

I really think the problem is that we lost some "weighty" players from last year like Wade Dubielewicz and Chris Gratton.

countthecashricknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:27 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by megashock5 View Post

Wasn't Quenneville the head coach for the Avs at that point?

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by countthecashricknash View Post
I was curious to see what other differences there were:

2008/09: 28 games, 78 GF, 87 GA, 13 PPGF, 65 ESG
2009/10: 28 games, 87 GF, 102 GA, 27 PPGF, 60 ESG

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Quote:
and at the end asked who the leaders were (personally I haven't seen any leadership)
You're not the only one. Take away their stats and who is our "leader"?

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 10:57 PM
JDCox17

Very rough game. Never really felt like they had any chance at all to win. Maybe for the five minutes or whatever that it was 2-1, but even then, their play was just so uninspiring...

I've already decided I'm not going to the Avs game on Saturday, and I might even skip watching it on TV. (Probably by game time I'll relent on the latter. And they'll pull out a 4-3 win or something like that and I'll start to hope again.)

JDCox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 760
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Here's the problem the CBJ face with crap going on like this: I watched Bolt with my kids before bed time tonight and was looking forward to watching the third period. By the time I would've started watching the game, it was 5-1.

If they think I'm in for that, they're freaking crazy, and if they think I'll spend money to go to a game when the team's at home when I face that as a possibility, they're freaking crazy.

The next time I go to a game will be after the team has won 5 in a row or after Ken Hitchcock is fired.

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:21 PM
EdwardG
North!

Quote:
I asked about the shorthanded chances and at the end asked who the leaders were (personally I haven't seen any leadership)
What was his response? The lack of passion and leadership are pretty evident and have been all year. This team has lost a 1/4 of its games in beatdown fashion. They dutifully tell us they have to get better and then a few games later they go out and do it again.

EdwardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Here's the problem the CBJ face with crap going on like this: I watched Bolt with my kids before bed time tonight and was looking forward to watching the third period. By the time I would've started watching the game, it was 5-1.

If they think I'm in for that, they're freaking crazy, and if they think I'll spend money to go to a game when the team's at home when I face that as a possibility, they're freaking crazy.

The next time I go to a game will be after the team has won 5 in a row or after Ken Hitchcock is fired.
I was at the game and left at the end of the second period-first time this decade I've done that in Nationwide.. A freakin horrible display of NHL hockey. Even the Toronto team sucked, they simply sucked better.

One of the worst first two periods I've ever seen in CBJ hockey...

Last edited by Robert: 12-03-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
What was his response? The lack of passion and leadership are pretty evident and have been all year. This team has lost a 1/4 of its games in beatdown fashion. They dutifully tell us they have to get better and then a few games later they go out and do it again.
he looked me dead in the eye and said "you know who they are" and walked away from the podium. I wanted to be like, NO, I DON'T KNOW!

Old
12-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Rimers stache

Just posted 8 from tonight, to sad to post others http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutter_ape_photo/