HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#25: Canucks at Flyers - December 3, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
12-04-2009, 07:32 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfan795 View Post
Because they would not dare cut into Mika Pyorala's playing time, his sound defensive play is obviously more important to Stevens then actually being able to score a goal.
Or the kid cant play the pk and they dont want to burn him out at 20.... but thanks though

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:36 AM
flyfan795

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Or the kid cant play the pk and they dont want to burn him out at 20.... but thanks though
What the hell does the PK have with Pyorala leading all of the forwards in even strength ice time by a good 2 minutes?

flyfan795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Kid has shown the ability to put the puck in the net and is one of our most creative offensive players, yet he constantly plays 10-12 minutes a night, even when the team is mightily struggling to score. Its not enough.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
What the hell does the PK have with Pyorala leading all of the forwards in even strength ice time by a good 2 minutes?
sending a message?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:40 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Look at the past games for TOI for Mika. Maybe he was actually doing something out there. When I watched the first period he was all over the place. He even got 48 seconds on the pp cause they were doing that bad. Dont blame Mika. When a player can play both center and wing, they tend to get played alittle more then others (and who are defensively sound) Im glad they arent overplaying JVR. Maybe a minute or 2 more would be better but some here sound like they want him around 19-20 mins. Remember he will be playing twice as many games as he have last year. dont overburn the kid.

Old
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Kid has shown the ability to put the puck in the net and is one of our most creative offensive players, yet he constantly plays 10-12 minutes a night, even when the team is mightily struggling to score. Its not enough.
You add 2 mins of pk and an extra 30 seconds or so and JVR is at 16 mins (Or around there).

There has to be something going on because I highly doubt that Stevens is just not playing him, even for that retard thats just stupid.

Old
12-04-2009, 07:42 AM
flyfan795

Quote:
Look at the past games for TOI for Mika. Maybe he was actually doing something out there. When I watched the first period he was all over the place. He even got 48 seconds on the pp cause they were doing that bad. Dont blame Mika. When a player can play both center and wing, they tend to get played alittle more then others (and who are defensively sound) Im glad they arent overplaying JVR. Maybe a minute or 2 more would be better but some here sound like they want him around 19-20 mins. Remember he will be playing twice as many games as he have last year. dont overburn the kid.
Pyorala has done absolutly nothing. He is another clone of Kapanen, he skates real hard all over the place, yet never actually does anything usefull.

Old
12-04-2009, 07:44 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Pyorala has done absolutly nothing. He is another clone of Kapanen, he skates real hard all over the place, yet never actually does anything usefull.
Oh man, I have nothing more to talk to you if you hate on Sami. You dont know what role players are then.

Old
12-04-2009, 07:45 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
You add 2 mins of pk and an extra 30 seconds or so and JVR is at 16 mins (Or around there).

There has to be something going on because I highly doubt that Stevens is just not playing him, even for that retard thats just stupid.
Your math is awful because that would bring him to 14 minutes.

And why would you add 2 minutes of PK time? Who cares if he doesn't play PK, thats why he should be seeing 15 minutes instead of 18 or 19. He's been a good even strength player so use your roster to its full ability and get the kid on the ice. 15 minutes a night of mostly even strength and power play time is not going to kill the kid.

Old
12-04-2009, 07:46 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Oh man, I have nothing more to talk to you if you hate on Sami. You dont know what role players are then.
Role players don't lead your team in even strength TOI. He has a point there. The team can't buy a goal so this offensive hack is out there the most? Real brilliant John, Pyorala's 1 NHL goal is going to get us back on the scoring track

Old
12-04-2009, 07:47 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Role players don't lead your team in even strength TOI. He has a point there. The team can't buy a goal so this offensive hack is out there the most? Real brilliant John, Pyorala's 1 NHL goal is going to get us back on the scoring track
Maybe our allstar line of JVR-Carter-Briere could do something also?

Old
12-04-2009, 07:49 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Your math is awful because that would bring him to 14 minutes.

And why would you add 2 minutes of PK time? Who cares if he doesn't play PK, thats why he should be seeing 15 minutes instead of 18 or 19. He's been a good even strength player so use your roster to its full ability and get the kid on the ice. 15 minutes a night of mostly even strength and power play time is not going to kill the kid.
JVR's last few games

15:17
20:15
11:13
16:54
14:43

Around 16 yes....

Old
12-04-2009, 07:56 AM
JSTAFF

this game was the ultimate fail to be at. minus the dollar dogs.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:56 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Maybe our allstar line of JVR-Carter-Briere could do something also?
Right... well if you want to hang your hat on Pyorala breaking the scoreless streak then be my guest.

Quote:
JVR's last few games

15:17
20:15
16:54
14:43

Around 16 yes....
I'm complaining about games where he plays about 10-11 minutes of even strength ice time. Its not enough. Thats all.

Old
12-04-2009, 08:10 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Right... well if you want to hang your hat on Pyorala breaking the scoreless streak then be my guest.
I just think, like Rodu said, it has to be a message thing. I do agree that Mika cant score goals, but he does play hard. He would be more of a fit on a shutdown line. That being said, our other 7 allstar players arent doing that well either.

Quote:
I'm complaining about games where he plays about 10-11 minutes of even strength ice time. Its not enough. Thats all.
Which I do agree that he should play more. If he gets around 15 mins per game that would be fine. You dont want him having 19/20 or he will burn out. But as you can see at times he HAS played played more then 13 mins a game.

In 22 games 14 of them were above 13 mins of icetime. He also had his first game of 9 mins, and another game he got hurt of 6 mins.

I think in time he will slowly be getting more time

Old
12-04-2009, 08:37 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
this game was the ultimate fail to be at. minus the dollar dogs.
Idk man, those dollar dogs ****ed up my stomach. That hot dog eating contest almost made me puke just watching it.

Hartnell was a joke last night. he won puck battles along the boards, turned around and centered the puck to NO ONE in the slot. He was forcing plays that were not there. Turnover Hartnell = new nickname

The Flyers in some ways looked like they didnt care and in other ways were trying too hard and forcing bad plays. It was a disaster.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:45 AM
QuickDynamite

Can someone tell me what the announcer is saying when the Flyers go on the power play?

Its along the lines of "The Flyers are going on the _____ Power Playyyy!" everytime I hear it I can never understand what he's saying. My bro and I literally rewinded it about 4 times and could not figure it out. Its really annoying me.

QuickDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Clyde Donovan

The whole team has been turning the puck over way too many times, which is probably due to the lack of puck support. Come down the offensive boards, stop, and throw a no look pass into the slot which is easily handled by their defense. It's been frustrating to watch for the last couple weeks. Shouldn't they have some semblance of an attack into the zone?

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapel113x View Post
Can someone tell me what the announcer is saying when the Flyers go on the power play?

Its along the lines of "The Flyers are going on the _____ Power Playyyy!" everytime I hear it I can never understand what he's saying. My bro and I literally rewinded it about 4 times and could not figure it out. Its really annoying me.

Peco.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:00 AM
flyfan795

Quote:
I just think, like Rodu said, it has to be a message thing. I do agree that Mika cant score goals, but he does play hard. He would be more of a fit on a shutdown line. That being said, our other 7 allstar players arent doing that well either.
Carcillo, Laperriere and Asham have all been playing hard out there, if anyone should be getting the extra ice time it should be them. Atleast with them on the ice there is the possibility that they may score.

Old
12-04-2009, 09:34 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Wow, I'm glad I missed this one. Sounds like it was painful to watch.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!

This team totally lack energy, they look like a slow sissy team out there, Flyers toughness completely gone.

Where are our so called tough guys? Why do players like Giroux, Briere, Richards and Pronger have to fight? They shouldn't because they're not fighters and will lose anyway. Instead there's a risk of injury to key players, it's stupid.

But they feel like they have to do it because our so called tough guys are not doing their job, maybe except Lappy. They have to get physical and win battles and fights to create energy, right now our batteries are dead.

We'll see OKT and maybe Cote back in the lineup soon, keeping the real energy guys on the bench right now is ridiculous, and I hear lots of fans want them back. I wouldn't mind having Bartulis or Parent replaced, in fact most of their games have been losses anyway. The Flyers actually won games with our big energy guys in the lineup.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Cleary84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Wow, I'm glad I missed this one. Sounds like it was painful to watch.
Even more painful to actually attend the game. Sitting in those seats only getting up to watch two mediocre fights was extremely painful. Got to see Luongo though. That was a high point. Plus Canucks fans are pretty cool.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Cleary84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
This team totally lack energy, they look like a slow sissy team out there, Flyers toughness completely gone.

Where are our so called tough guys? Why do players like Giroux, Briere, Richards and Pronger have to fight? They shouldn't because they're not fighters and will lose anyway. Instead there's a risk of injury to key players, it's stupid.

But they feel like they have to do it because our so called tough guys are not doing their job, maybe except Lappy. They have to get physical and win battles and fights to create energy, right now our batteries are dead.

We'll see OKT and maybe Cote back in the lineup soon, keeping the real energy guys on the bench right now is ridiculous, and I hear lots of fans want them back. I wouldn't mind having Bartulis or Parent replaced, in fact most of their games have been losses anyway. The Flyers actually won games with our big energy guys in the lineup.
I think the 'Nucks were being smart and staying away from guys like Carcillo and Asham. They don't really have a heavyweight forward that will go toe-to-toe. They did a good job of taking out two of our best for 5 minutes each (Prongs and Richy). As well as 4 minutes for provoking Briere's brain fart of a penalty. It's sneaky hockey but it produces wins.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
I think the 'Nucks were being smart and staying away from guys like Carcillo and Asham. They don't really have a heavyweight forward that will go toe-to-toe. They did a good job of taking out two of our best for 5 minutes each (Prongs and Richy). As well as 4 minutes for provoking Briere's brain fart of a penalty. It's sneaky hockey but it produces wins.
Pardon me, but I don't think you know what you're talking about here. The Canucks have big fighters alright, guys like Rypien, Bieksa who beat the crap out of Richards, and not to mention Hordichuk who their coach didn't even bother to dress against the sissys from Philly.

Carcillo and Asham went hiding last night for some reason, probably because their tough guys are bigger, and should be handled by our two sitting in the press box.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote