HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Game 28: Dec 3rd Blue Jackets vs Toronto: The Win in 60 Edition

Old
12-03-2009, 11:48 PM
CrazyCanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
What was his response? The lack of passion and leadership are pretty evident and have been all year. This team has lost a 1/4 of its games in beatdown fashion. They dutifully tell us they have to get better and then a few games later they go out and do it again.
Looks like the BJ's have stopped playing since the 70 game mark of last season, and just dont have the passion or heart to make the plays nessesary to win. Nash has his contract, he can just sit and watch teh $$$ in his account and not woory...

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Looks like the BJ's have stopped playing since the 70 game mark of last season, and just dont have the passion or heart to make the plays nessesary to win. Nash has his contract, he can just sit and watch teh $$$ in his account and not woory...
I'm thinking Nash is having a career year, but even the best of the best player cannot be expected to coach the team...

As for the rest I agree.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:10 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
The next time I go to a game will be after the team has won 5 in a row or after Ken Hitchcock is fired.
one can't happen until the other does so I guess we'll be waiting for Howson to grow a pair before you'll be able to head back to the Nat.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:17 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimers stache View Post
he looked me dead in the eye and said "you know who they are" and walked away from the podium. I wanted to be like, NO, I DON'T KNOW!
That's EXACTLY the question I wanted to be asked and I would have asked the same. And like you, I also feel it's no evident who they are by their play this season.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
That's EXACTLY the question I wanted to be asked and I would have asked the same. And like you, I also feel it's no evident who they are by their play this season.
Yeah, I think he wanted to say, "you know who they ought to be". I don't necessarily agree with having rotating Assistant captains, if you can move those around you can move the C around too.

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I was at the game tonight and heard several fans refer to Nash's minus 11 +/-..., I said bunk to that.

I love your posts and media work RS but Rick Nash is not the problem this year.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Rimers stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I was at the game tonight and heard several fans refer to Nash's minus 11 +/-..., I said bunk to that.

I love your posts and media work RS but Rick Nash is not the problem this year.
Oh i love Rick Nash and think he is our best player, I'm just not sure he is the best leader, with that being said I don't know who is the leader. I don't have a problem with him being the captain at all.

Rimers stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:51 AM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

I really liked how Boll waited until after the final horn to confront someone, (oh, don't do anything with Orr when you're down 6-2 and the poor folks who paid good money to see the game could get SOME measure of entertainment out of it.) and hiding behind the linesman while doing it. Hope he picked up his spine from the locker room before he left the arena tonight.

Screw this crap. I want a real hockey team, dammit. What we've got is a bunch of lazy, blowout-prone, sackless ass-clowns.

There. I'd been saving that since the end of the game. I feel a little better now.

Last edited by The Four Seven: 12-04-2009 at 02:52 AM.
The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Hipster Letestu

I'm not a fan of the best player on the team is automatically the captain nonsense, and I don't know if that is the case here but I don't really see much on-ice leadership from Nasher. Maybe he's a clubhouse motivator or maybe he sucks as captain, I can't say. What I can say is he should be calling a players meeting and ripping some ass for these pathetic performances. If he does suck, he should be replaced by Umberger or Torres or someone that shows some heart on the ice. This is coming from someone who loves Nasher as a player.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 05:00 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I have a copy of Hitchcock's post game press conference tonight

"We're still learning how to win"

"We didn't let the puck do the work "

"We were tired from that long flight from Chicago 2 days ago"

"We were playing against a team that is from the 'Mecca of Hockey'"

"We got outworked"

"We don't start playing hard until after the new year".

"Our best players weren't our best players".

"We were intimidated by so many Leaf jerseys in the stands".

"The team wasn't ready to play."

"We gave up too many goals."

"Hey at least we got a power play goal"
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe72 View Post
I don't see anything on that list about not being heavy enough.
"Gritty" don't forget "Gritty"

Anybody else think Hitch's RARE intermission interview sounded like his post game conferences? I swear, he sounded like the game was over... which it was.

My take on the game:
The Jackets took FSOhio's "All Access" theme night a little too literally.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Handyy

Well that Toronto Maple Leafs at Columbus Turn Overs was painful to watch. I very rarely comment a game in a GDT, but that seriously made me mad. At one point Leafs TV announcers were laughing out loud when they showed Hitchcock and the expression in his face, probably after the Stralman goal. All I could do at home was . And not to their announcers, but I just had no words how badly this team played.

Handyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 06:30 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

As it is written in Sheakspeare: "Something is carious in the state of Denmark".

Last edited by mt-svk: 12-04-2009 at 06:37 AM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Bobcat110

Soooo glad I sold my tickets....Hope it was a Leafs fan, because no CBJ fan deserved that.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:32 AM
OnYourIgnoreList

For the first time ever, I'm actually finding it hard to root for or care about this CBJ team.

Sure, they were bad in the past, but they lacked enough skilled players to make you think they shouldn't be and they at least had some spark. The current version of the team just doesn't seem to care.

The odd thing, for me at least, is that as I go down the roster, I can't find a lot of single players I take issue with: Nash is playing hard (leadership questions aside), Voracek is money, Vermette is solid, Umberger is solid, the role players seem to know their place.

But somehow the sum is less than the total of the parts.

ETA:

You know who gets it?

"It's especially embarrassing to lose like this at home," winger R.J. Umberger said. "Last year, we fought hard and competed like crazy to be a competitive team, a playoff team. The respect we got from our fans was incredible. They really bought into us.

"I have to think that right now we're just letting them down. It's frustrating for them, for sure. They're paying good money at a tough time (economically) to come watch us, and there have been too many bad performances here at home."

RJ Umberger gets it, that's who.

Last edited by OnYourIgnoreList: 12-04-2009 at 07:40 AM.
OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Matt

I am not allowed to post any negative posts anymore.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:52 AM
LaCosta Nostra

I really, really miss Dorsett. At least he shows some fire and grit.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:57 AM
BluejacketNut

Original 6 Beat downs
Detroit Red Wings 9-1 Check
NY Rangers 7-4 Check
Montreal Canadians 5-3 Check (maybe not a beatdown, but loss none the less)
Toronto Maple Leafs 6-3 Check (it really wasnt that close)
Chicago Blackhawks 5 more chances to hold up their end
Boston Bruins Beat down yet to come

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:58 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Original 6 Beat downs
Detroit Red Wings 9-1 Check
NY Rangers 7-4 Check
Montreal Canadians 5-3 Check (maybe not a beatdown, but loss none the less)
Toronto Maple Leafs 6-3 Check (it really wasnt that close)
Chicago Blackhawks 5 more chances to hold up their end
Boston Bruins Beat down yet to come
So, the Habs were the only member of the Original Six who didn't score at least their namesake?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:20 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
So, the Habs were the only member of the Original Six who didn't score at least their namesake?
Yup, other then the Hawks, but give them time, theyre only getting started

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
I really, really miss Dorsett. At least he shows some fire and grit.
As odd as it may sound, I think Dorsett is the guy that the team misses most when he doesnt play. Not only by example, but vocally too.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:36 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
As odd as it may sound, I think Dorsett is the guy that the team misses most when he doesnt play. Not only by example, but vocally too.
I'm sorry but, we had a thread about how much they missed Hejda. We had plenty of posts around how much they missed Torres when he was out. We have a thread about how much they will miss Klesla, while in years past we had threads about how they should trade Klesla for a 10th round draft pick in a 6 round draft. Now we say it's Dorsett. Right now this team just plays without their brains engaged once per week. Last night, a week ago in New York, two weeks ago against the Red Wings they missed the contribution of the whole freakin team.

We can whine about how they need to adapt to the "new NHL". We can argue that they need to open it up and run 'n gun. With the team defense this team shows, if they "open it up" they will allow 10 goals per game. Can they score at least 11 with an open game????

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:39 AM
DangleOH91

dorsetts the heart and soul of this team

DangleOH91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:45 AM
aRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I'm sorry but, we had a thread about how much they missed Hejda. We had plenty of posts around how much they missed Torres when he was out. We have a thread about how much they will miss Klesla, while in years past we had threads about how they should trade Klesla for a 10th round draft pick in a 6 round draft. Now we say it's Dorsett. Right now this team just plays without their brains engaged once per week. Last night, a week ago in New York, two weeks ago against the Red Wings they missed the contribution of the whole freakin team.

We can whine about how they need to adapt to the "new NHL". We can argue that they need to open it up and run 'n gun. With the team defense this team shows, if they "open it up" they will allow 10 goals per game. Can they score at least 11 with an open game????
I like how you brought this up, cause it's the truth x10.
Besides, one man doesn't make a team and we really should be better no matter who we are missing. Hell, I would argue that this team has the talent to play through a Nash injury if they bothered themselves to try.

And I thought fish was brain food? With all that filet mignon (spelling?) they eat you would think that they would have a decent head on their shoulders

aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post

What I see from Dorsett when he plays, there is no quit. You can bring up all of the threads you want, I still see Dorsett as a guy the team will get motivated by. When he plays on the third line and lays a big hit or gets under the skin of someone, it goes a long way.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:07 AM
OnYourIgnoreList

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
What I see from Dorsett when he plays, there is no quit. You can bring up all of the threads you want, I still see Dorsett as a guy the team will get motivated by. When he plays on the third line and lays a big hit or gets under the skin of someone, it goes a long way.
Even if that's true, it amply illustrates the problem: one player should not be that important to a team's will/heart/desire/drive/whatever. To their actual ability to score, defend I can buy. But their ability to just give a basic crap? No, not acceptable.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote