HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sixers sign AI; Terms undisclosed.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:10 AM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLin View Post
No matter what we weren't as bad as our record. Anyway there are a few teams worse than us Nets, Knicks(Utah gets their pick), and Minnesota. And teams that would have been worse than this team at the end of the year anyway...1-2 western teams, Indiana, and Wiz or Charlotte. If Toronto doesnt learn how to defend, them too. This team always starts slow and gets better as the year goes on. And Popovich(San Antonio coach) says they are better than their record so the idea that they would sustain the 4th worst record over the season is a lil tough.
I WANT the Sixers to tank. In the NBA, the only way to be good is to get an absolute stud in the draft. The Sixers last stud? AI drafted 1 overall in '96.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
KevinLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I WANT the Sixers to tank. In the NBA, the only way to be good is to get an absolute stud in the draft. The Sixers last stud? AI drafted 1 overall in '96.
I hate tanking. They have pieces now and this team would look a lot better with Lou and Speights. But they don't have them. I think they will be 5-10 in the draft and I want either SG with a jumpshot and 3-pt range or a defensive 7-fter who isn't stupid. Favors is only 6'9. Wall the PG will be gone. Cole Aldrich is 6'11 and I'd consider him, but I am unsure. Feh, even tanking doesn't guarantee you draft a stud. I mean Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans look like the studs of last year and the went 10 and 3. So if we don't get #1 it isn't over we just have to draft the best player we can. And we've done that lately.

KevinLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLin View Post
I hate tanking. They have pieces now and this team would look a lot better with Lou and Speights. But they don't have them. I think they will be 5-10 in the draft and I want either SG with a jumpshot and 3-pt range or a defensive 7-fter who isn't stupid. Favors is only 6'9. Wall the PG will be gone. Cole Aldrich is 6'11 and I'd consider him, but I am unsure. Feh, even tanking doesn't guarantee you draft a stud. I mean Brandon Jennings and Tyreke Evans look like the studs of last year and the went 10 and 3. So if we don't get #1 it isn't over we just have to draft the best player we can. And we've done that lately.
Apparently.

5-10 in 15 games looks like the Sixers sure know what they are doing.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:51 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Apparently.

5-10 in 15 games looks like the Sixers sure know what they are doing.
Clearly you don't watch this team then. The players they've drafted recently are the only ones that show up. The problems are guys like Brand being a disappointment (though improving lately it seems), Dalembert, Willie Green, etc. Speights, Young, Williams, AI2, and to a lesser extent, Jure and Smith are the ones who are any good and they're all recent Sixers draftees.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:56 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Clearly you don't watch this team then. The players they've drafted recently are the only ones that show up. The problems are guys like Brand being a disappointment (though improving lately it seems), Dalembert, Willie Green, etc. Speights, Young, Williams, AI2, and to a lesser extent, Jure and Smith are the ones who are any good and they're all recent Sixers draftees.
The problem is not that the guys they are drafting are not good, it's just that a team of good players isn't a GREAT team, it's a good team. The Sixers will be average until they get that GREAT player, and it is NOT Elton Brand.

EDIT: Let's take a look at the GREAT teams.

Boston - KG, Pierce, Allen
Cleveland - Lebron, Shaq
Orlando - Dwight Howard
Lakers - Kobe

now look at the Sixers

Iggy, Brand

Yeah, that doesnt get it done.

Old
12-04-2009, 12:27 PM
KevinLin

Look we aren't going to win this year or next but Lou, Jrue, Young, and Speights have a ton of potential. We aren't winning right now because Lou and Speights are hurt. They were our 2 best players this year till they got hurt. Records are deceiving they don't show the growth of players. Last year OKC start like 8-24.

Old
12-04-2009, 12:30 PM
2Claude2Giroux

Quote:
Is he a Center like Dwight Howard? Cuz Howard is EXACTLY what this team needs. A defensive and offensive stud Center down low who dominates play.

Philadelphia Magi-ixers
He's more of a PF than a C honestly but he's built similar to Howard. He's been compared more to Amare because he's just an absolutely freakish athlete.

Even if we couldn't get him, we could try going after Cole Aldrich, of Kansas, who would be the center. He's a monster down under the basket.

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:12 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Hate to bump this up, but AI is starting tonight. You would think this game was a playoff game. Only game I will ever watch

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Iverson gets his first 2.

Last time I watched the start of a game was when Allen came back with the Nuggets. Ironic it's the same two teams.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Iguodala just nailed a full court heave, but it was way after the buzzer. Pretty awesome.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
CantSeeColors

Hell of an alley oop to Dalembert there. AI definitely has some gas left in the tank.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Opus

How's he playing?

I've always been a fan of Iverson.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 08:17 PM
KevinLin

He's a lil slow but he has been a decent distributor. He isn't the iverson we remember and he isn't getting the foul calls.

Also this team quit in the 4th quarter after leading for 3. The lack of a bench kills this team. Green and Kapono occasionally get hot and score, but they have 0 defense. Carney and Ivey play alright defense but have 0 offense. And Smith...smith is smith. Speights, Jrue, and Lou Williams will really help this team develop a rotation.

Old
12-07-2009, 08:27 PM
KevinLin

26 - 9 FTAs in favor of the nugs. That is a HUGE difference and what kept the sixers from pulling away. Also terrible 3 pt defense because Eddie Jordan is an idiot.

Old
12-07-2009, 10:35 PM
mm6492

Eddie Jordan blows, but mine as well tank the ****ing season. You can not win in basketball w/o a true star, and we need a player like John Wall.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:09 AM
KevinLin

In some ways this describes the sixers season...too late and it doesn't count.