HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#25: Canucks at Flyers - December 3, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Cleary84

vCash: 500
Didn't Hordichuk refuse to drop them with Richy? And I was at the game I saw after the whistles and saw much talking from Carcillo, I'm not there on the ice so I don't know what's going on.

I did forget about Rypien but Bieksa is a defenseman. I said forward.

Rypien isn't considered a heavyweight in my book, btw.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
No, he's not...but he's probably one of the top middleweights.

Guy throws bombs.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
This team totally lack energy, they look like a slow sissy team out there, Flyers toughness completely gone.

Where are our so called tough guys? Why do players like Giroux, Briere, Richards and Pronger have to fight? They shouldn't because they're not fighters and will lose anyway. Instead there's a risk of injury to key players, it's stupid.
Asham, Carcillo, Laperierre, Pronger, Richards, Hartnell...we had plenty of "team toughness" in the lineup. If you don't think so, then you have an incredibly skewed view of team construction in the modern NHL.

As to the bold...because they're leaders and they were attempting to make a statement. As to the claim that "they're not fighters and will lose anyway..." that is, to an extent, beside the point. However, it's also just simple ignorance, as both are quite capable of handling themselves without the gloves. For his size, Richards is a very good fighter.

Quote:
But they feel like they have to do it because our so called tough guys are not doing their job, maybe except Lappy. They have to get physical and win battles and fights to create energy, right now our batteries are dead.
Right now we're hitting posts and getting stonewalled by goalies. While I'm a harsh critic of this team under Stevens, they're absolutely snakebit at the moment.

Quote:
We'll see OKT and maybe Cote back in the lineup soon, keeping the real energy guys on the bench right now is ridiculous, and I hear lots of fans want them back.
Hope not, neither is a good enough hockey player to deserve a regular spot in the lineup over the guys that are in the lineup. Cote shouldn't even be on the Flyers roster at this point.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind having Bartulis or Parent replaced, in fact most of their games have been losses anyway. The Flyers actually won games with our big energy guys in the lineup.
SHOCKED. Absolutely SHOCKED that you feel that way.

I will give you this, at least you're blunt with your bias an lack of objectivity.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:09 AM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
I avoided posting in this thread last night because I was so pissed off...

I agree with a lot of what has already been said. There are some serious problems with this team. We can blame John Stevens all we want, but at some point the players need to begin to be held accountable. Here are a few of my thoughts:

I thought Boucher played well again. I'm glad to see he has turned it around after a tough pre-season. Still though, I think Emery needs to re-affirm his spot because the last thing this team needs now is a goalie controversy.

I liked that Richards decided to drop the gloves though I wish it wasn't wish Bieksa. This was the 2nd year in a row Bieksa tuned him up. I may be in the minority, but I don't think it's very energizing to the team when you get your butt kicked.

The Kalinski line was IMO our best line all night. Asham was by far are best forward and that is saying something.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:15 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelValParanormal View Post

I agree with a lot of what has already been said. There are some serious problems with this team. We can blame John Stevens all we want, but at some point the players need to begin to be held accountable. Here are a few of my thoughts:

I thought Boucher played well again. I'm glad to see he has turned it around after a tough pre-season. Still though, I think Emery needs to re-affirm his spot because the last thing this team needs now is a goalie controversy.

I liked that Richards decided to drop the gloves though I wish it wasn't wish Bieksa. This was the 2nd year in a row Bieksa tuned him up. I may be in the minority, but I don't think it's very energizing to the team when you get your butt kicked.

The Kalinski line was IMO our best line all night. Asham was by far are best forward and that is saying something.
I dont know if I'd go and claim this line the Kalinski line. He was dreadful the whole game and I'm one of his biggest supporters.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:15 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Asham, Carcillo, Laperierre, Pronger, Richards, Hartnell...we had plenty of "team toughness" in the lineup. If you don't think so, then you have an incredibly skewed view of team construction in the modern NHL.

As to the bold...because they're leaders and they were attempting to make a statement. As to the claim that "they're not fighters and will lose anyway..." that is, to an extent, beside the point. However, it's also just simple ignorance, as both are quite capable of handling themselves without the gloves. For his size, Richards is a very good fighter.
Pronger has demolished anyone he actually fought.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:16 AM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
I dont know if I'd go and claim this line the Kalinski line. He was dreadful the whole game and I'm one of his biggest supporters.
I didn't think he looked too bad. Either way, our 4th line was our top line.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Didn't Hordichuk refuse to drop them with Richy? And I was at the game I saw after the whistles and saw much talking from Carcillo, I'm not there on the ice so I don't know what's going on.

I did forget about Rypien but Bieksa is a defenseman. I said forward.

Hordichuk didn't dress.

Rick Rypien has already put a beating on Carcillo from his days in Phoenix. On the Canucks feed you could clearly see Rypien asking Asham if he wanted to go but the offer was refused.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:54 AM
dookie88

Quote:
For his size, Richards is a very good fighter.
No, he isn't.
It isn't about winning, when Richards drops the gloves.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
No, he isn't.
It isn't about winning, when Richards drops the gloves.
He absolutely is.

Ask Asham, who is one of the best middle-weights in the league and Richards has fought to fair fights. For 5'11" and 195 lbs, Richards is a very decent fighter given the fact that he almost always takes on guys bigger than him (as was the case last night). Wouldn't be shocked if those measurements were a bit stretched, too.

Doesn't mean you want, or should expect him to fight all that often. He's too valuable to the team, but to suggest that Richards has no business fighting and doesn't know what he's doing whilst in a fight is simple ignorance.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 01:49 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
He absolutely is.

Ask Asham, who is one of the best middle-weights in the league and Richards has fought to fair fights. For 5'11" and 195 lbs, Richards is a very decent fighter given the fact that he almost always takes on guys bigger than him (as was the case last night). Wouldn't be shocked if those measurements were a bit stretched, too.

Doesn't mean you want, or should expect him to fight all that often. He's too valuable to the team, but to suggest that Richards has no business fighting and doesn't know what he's doing whilst in a fight is simple ignorance.
I remember some of those Asham/Richards bouts. i think they fought a couple of times in Richards rookie season.
I have no problem with Richards fighting, hes the Captian and was looking to spark his team. It didnt work out last night but I want him doing that.
Whats Carter doing for Christ sakes other then floating around in space on the ice.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 01:58 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelValParanormal View Post

I completely agree the players need to be held accountable but whose job is that?

I agree with the rest of your post...

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
I remember some of those Asham/Richards bouts. i think they fought a couple of times in Richards rookie season.
I have no problem with Richards fighting, hes the Captian and was looking to spark his team. It didnt work out last night but I want him doing that.
Whats Carter doing for Christ sakes other then floating around in space on the ice.
I don't even know. Even the vancouver announcer guy noticed carter floating around, doing nothing

And nobody is ever in front of the net. Last night, the only 2 players I saw plant their ass in front of luongo was jvr and briere

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:12 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
I don't even know. Even the vancouver announcer guy noticed carter floating around, doing nothing

And nobody is ever in front of the net. Last night, the only 2 players I saw plant their ass in front of luongo was jvr and briere
I noticed Hartnell there as well.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:15 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post

Is Carter playing scared of getting hurt? Ever since that shoulder injury he hasnt been the same player.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

It says for practice today they are crashing the net... to be honest, even though they need to do that more, they need an extra motivator, especially Carter. Give them cake right before the game, that should give them enough enthusiasm and sugar to really get things going.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
You guys got Luongo'd, it happens frequently.
On behalf of canuck nation, i apoligize for this comment and pathetic attempt at trolling.

It was a decent game, I know it was not the best performance from your team, but i hope things go better for you guys the rest of the season. Good luck!

Callhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:52 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir604 View Post
On behalf of canuck nation, i apoligize for this comment and pathetic attempt at trolling.

It was a decent game, I know it was not the best performance from your team, but i hope things go better for you guys the rest of the season. Good luck!
Thanks, but trolling isn't bad when it's the truth. Luongo is and was outstanding. The Flyers didn't help their situation in the least. But what I wouldn't give to have a goalie of Luongo's caliber in Philadelphia....

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote