HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chad Johnson wears #29

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
I can see this "Ocho" stuff is going to get really annoying, really fast.
Indeed. I feel like it can only stay fresh if used sparingly. Sadly I don't see that happening.

Old
12-04-2009, 01:57 PM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

If the crowd wants to have a little fun with a chant, don’t get bent out of shape…… A little PR for the NHL can’t hurt….. It will get its two minutes of play and fad away….. bare with it……. I would describe it more as pop culture……

They say there is no such thing as bad publicity…. But we should ask Avery about that.

Old
12-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
The same can be said of a lot of things around here lately.

Old
12-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
It already got annoying during the preseason.

Old
12-04-2009, 02:07 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Let's just say I've been in his presence several times and I'd have to say that he does and says things that most toddlers would understand not to do. I don't find anything hilarious about it. I wouldn't want to be compared to a *******.
Say all you want about him, if you'd of watched some of the interviews with him, he basically said that himself, Carson Palmer and their coach have the most pressure on them this year, and they need to step it up. Well, look whos undefeated in the division? Yep, the Bengals.

If we had a guy on the Rangers with 1/10th the personality of the real OchoCinco, maybe this team would have some heart and soul to it. I'm not saying hes single handedly responsible for turning the Bengals around (I'd have to say Cedric Benson's reemergence has helped them a lot too), but damn, at least he's found a way to balance acting like a jackass with working hard.

Watch Hard Knocks from last season too. When they were at Cowboys camp. TO may be a jackass but I'll be damned if I didn't see him working the hardest out of everyone else.

85 is a jackass, sure. But he damn well backs up his attitude with his play on the field.

Then, look at the Rangers and our high paid "stars"...

BTW, how were you "in his presence" a few times?

Old
12-04-2009, 02:09 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
If we had a guy on the Rangers with 1/10th the personality of the real OchoCinco, maybe this team would have some heart and soul to it. I'm not saying hes single handedly responsible for turning the Bengals around (I'd have to say Cedric Benson's reemergence has helped them a lot too), but damn, at least he's found a way to balance acting like a jackass with working hard.
Uhhh...

Old
12-04-2009, 02:23 PM
NYRangers84

I say drop the "Ocho Cinco" nickname because hockey>>>>>football

Old
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
lundqvistfan33

is there any recent interviews with this kid?

Old
12-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundqvistfan33 View Post
is there any recent interviews with this kid?
http://www.wlwt.com/sports/5444707/detail.html

Old
12-04-2009, 02:41 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Maybe you've got my post in mind, maybe you don't. Either way, let me just paint you a scenario. This nickname that I find incredibly annoying and stupid sticks, he becomes a popular player, maybe even a star, and gets chants. Or pictures and posters, then you're going to get fans with that name on their jerseys.

Sure, it's a highly unlikely scenario. But things of that nature have occurred in the past, and **** like that gets on my nerves. If you can brush stuff like that off, I envy you, but sometimes I just can't. Hockey is like a haven to me, one of the greatest things about it is that it is, in certain ways, the antithesis of everything that I dislike about some other sports. I like the sport of football, but the NFL really gets on my nerves, and some of it's biggest stars really annoy the **** out of me. The NFL is the biggest reason I barely watch ESPN, which I used to watch religiously as a kid.

I'm not saying the guys in the NHL are some sort of great guys, but most of the time, the biggest stars aren't complete jerks. That's all I'm getting at. I would be annoyed if I had to sit at the Garden and hear Ochocinco chants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The same can be said of a lot of things around here lately.
A whole lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
Say all you want about him, if you'd of watched some of the interviews with him, he basically said that himself, Carson Palmer and their coach have the most pressure on them this year, and they need to step it up. Well, look whos undefeated in the division? Yep, the Bengals.
I don't give a ****. I don't care how great of a player he is. My favorite hockey player was also a hard worker. He was also a really nice person. You can be a good player, and a nice person, not an annoying attention *****. I have more respect for the former.

Quote:
First of all, there is Avery. But Avery at least is funny. Second of all, I'm really glad there is no one like Chad Johnson on my favorite team, in terms of his personality. That already ruined the Knicks for me. Well, that and some horrendous managing.

Quote:
Watch Hard Knocks from last season too. When they were at Cowboys camp. TO may be a jackass but I'll be damned if I didn't see him working the hardest out of everyone else.

85 is a jackass, sure. But he damn well backs up his attitude with his play on the field.
Don't care. I know how hard T.O. works and I've seen Hard Knocks. I don't respect him as a person. I don't want to watch him or root for him.

Quote:
Then, look at the Rangers and our high paid "stars"...

BTW, how were you "in his presence" a few times?
Our high paid stars might not be good, but they don't annoy the **** out of me with anything but their play. Besides, their salaries aren't their fault. They're Sather's. I don't blame Redden/Drury/Gomez/Rozsival for being disappointing. There's nothing to be disappointed about. It was easy to see from the moment each came to be how each would become it's own disaster.

As for Johnson, it's nothing bad or secretive, but it's not my place to say.

Old
12-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Back From Cally

Quote:
cant be worse than all the peverly nonsense thats been on these boards for weeks now. and i dont get all the hate for the real ochocino. i think hes funny as hell to be honest

Old
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Maybe you've got my post in mind, maybe you don't. Either way, let me just paint you a scenario. This nickname that I find incredibly annoying and stupid sticks, he becomes a popular player, maybe even a star, and gets chants. Or pictures and posters, then you're going to get fans with that name on their jerseys.

Sure, it's a highly unlikely scenario. But things of that nature have occurred in the past, and **** like that gets on my nerves. If you can brush stuff like that off, I envy you, but sometimes I just can't. Hockey is like a haven to me, one of the greatest things about it is that it is, in certain ways, the antithesis of everything that I dislike about some other sports. I like the sport of football, but the NFL really gets on my nerves, and some of it's biggest stars really annoy the **** out of me. The NFL is the biggest reason I barely watch ESPN, which I used to watch religiously as a kid.

I'm not saying the guys in the NHL are some sort of great guys, but most of the time, the biggest stars aren't complete jerks. That's all I'm getting at. I would be annoyed if I had to sit at the Garden and hear Ochocinco chants.

A whole lot.

I don't give a ****. I don't care how great of a player he is. My favorite hockey player was also a hard worker. He was also a really nice person. You can be a good player, and a nice person, not an annoying attention *****. I have more respect for the former.

First of all, there is Avery. But Avery at least is funny. Second of all, I'm really glad there is no one like Chad Johnson on my favorite team, in terms of his personality. That already ruined the Knicks for me. Well, that and some horrendous managing.

Don't care. I know how hard T.O. works and I've seen Hard Knocks. I don't respect him as a person. I don't want to watch him or root for him.

Our high paid stars might not be good, but they don't annoy the **** out of me with anything but their play. Besides, their salaries aren't their fault. They're Sather's. I don't blame Redden/Drury/Gomez/Rozsival for being disappointing. There's nothing to be disappointed about. It was easy to see from the moment each came to be how each would become it's own disaster.

As for Johnson, it's nothing bad or secretive, but it's not my place to say.
Ahaha, thank you for that. I love how angry you get while completely overlooking most of the points i made with gems like "IZ DOENTZ GIVES A ****" "**** THIS GUY" "THEIS GUYEZ SUCKS".

I also love how you complain about 85 being an attention *****, yet completely overlook Avery's past behavior. You're telling me the sloppy seconds comment wasn't an attempt att being an attention *****? Gimmie a break dude. You've obviously got some real issues with said players, thats fine but dear god you need to calm down.

It's all a moot point because we're comparing apples to oranges, but at least 85 is paid to be a super star, performs to that level, and is a leader to his teammates. Unlike Mr. "I wont let it ruin my weekend" leader superstar Drury. But thats right, its not HIS fault for signing that contract, it's Sather's. Because Drury was walking down the sidewalk in midtown, tripped and accidentally signed a contract on the way down right? Drury, Redden, Roszivol and the likes are all HALF responsible for these contracts and in my book dont get a free pass because Sather is an idiot.

Old
12-04-2009, 03:41 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Uhhh...

I'm sorry, but Avery doesn't have that great of a personality (at least on camera). When he speaks I usually want to rip my ears off .

Last edited by WhipNash27: 12-04-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I'm sorry, but Avery doesn't have that great of a personality (at least on camera). When he speaks I usually want to rib my ears off .
Agreed, on that note:

Ocho wished us all a happy Black Friday last week.

Old
12-04-2009, 03:55 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I think the real chad ochocinco is funny and plus what has he ever done off the field to bother anyone?

Old
12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I'm sorry, but Avery doesn't have that great of a personality (at least on camera). When he speaks I usually want to rip my ears off .

Old
12-04-2009, 04:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
OK. We're done hear. Way OT. You the schedule is horrible.