HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Campbell

Old
12-04-2009, 09:48 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhary9 View Post
Really this needed a thread after 10 pages of the same thing that you and one Hawks fan argued about. Plus tons of other posters giving there opinion. I am telling you right now that Hawksfan 2828 and the new flapjack guy will not stop so save yourself the time and just ignore him.

Does this really need to be discussed any further. Campbell is a good DMan who is over paid by about 2-2 1/2 mil per year. His contract will be extermely difficult to move. Can he be moved? Yes, stranger things have happened for sure. Will he be moved? Probably not with that contract and his NMC.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:05 AM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Exactly. Yooper come on I thought you were better than that. You knew what you were doing starting this thread and now HawksFan2828 has smelled blood and made his way over here.

Does this really need to be discussed any further. Campbell is a good DMan who is over paid by about 2-2 1/2 mil per year. His contract will be extermely difficult to move. Can he be moved? Yes, stranger things have happened for sure. Will he be moved? Probably not with that contract and his NMC.
The reason I started this was because I was tired of his Homer/Biased/Unreasonable opinion and wanted to see what people with no vested interest though.

He just has it in his mind that some team is going take him and return 0 salaries back to the Hawks and just eat his salary as a sympathy thing for the Hawks. Now his NMC/NTC clause makes it VERY hard to move him IMO because the teams he will probably list are already against the upper limit of the cap.

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:53 AM
smokes lets go

Quote:
As much as I would like to these guys are entitled to their opinions now matter how misguided they might be. It is up to us reasonable Hawk's fans to make sure we make enough good points to balance them out. No matter how difficult that might be. It also up to other fans to know that a couple of uniformed fans do not make up the whole fanbase.
now you know us us leaf fans feel.

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

A team that has aspirations in the short term, with expensive players already, and any manner of cap juggling of its own, will avoid that contract like the plague. Yet that one is an easy call.

It gets harder to decide Campbell's value for a team a little further away from competitiveness, which has cap space, the desire to spend money, and few big contracts on the books.

Personally, I imagine that he stays (and he's a quality player) and that the Hawks trade from among the secondary group of Sharp, Barker, Byfuglien, Versteeg.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 02:06 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Personally, I imagine that he stays (and he's a quality player) and that the Hawks trade from among the secondary group of Sharp, Barker, Byfuglien, Versteeg.
If I was a betting man I would put all my money on this.

Old
12-04-2009, 02:08 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tavares View Post
now you know us us leaf fans feel.
I know Leaf fan's and all the gripes all too well. My sister's boyfriend of 4 years and his whole family are Leaf's fans from Toronto. I think Leaf fan's hate their own fanbase more than any other fan base. Except for maybe the Habs that is.

Old
12-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I know that they will do everything possible to avoid trading Sharp, but that's the one contract that jumps out as a possible concessionary move where the cap is concerned, to free up the necessary room.

If they can get out of this summer with Sharp still on the books, a tip of the hat to the Hawks' brass. Because right now, he looks like the painful cap casualty to bringing in Hossa and having that contract space sunk in the core + Campbell.

They're still outstanding with Sharp moving on; really on another level in terms of depth if they can make it worth without trading Sharp.

I'd move heaven and earth to clear up the necessary room using Barker, Byfuglien and Versteeg as trade bait, though (and in that order).

Either way, the Hawks are coming out of this as an outstanding club.

Old
12-04-2009, 02:58 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'd move heaven and earth to clear up the necessary room using Barker, Byfuglien and Versteeg as trade bait, though (and in that order).
Great minds think alike.

Those are the exact guys I think need to go and I would go with that same order. Although there is a guy in this thread that thought the Hawks should keep Buff over Toews.

Old
12-04-2009, 03:07 PM
xicethug13x

Quote:
I know that they will do everything possible to avoid trading Sharp, but that's the one contract that jumps out as a possible concessionary move where the cap is concerned, to free up the necessary room.

If they can get out of this summer with Sharp still on the books, a tip of the hat to the Hawks' brass. Because right now, he looks like the painful cap casualty to bringing in Hossa and having that contract space sunk in the core + Campbell.

They're still outstanding with Sharp moving on; really on another level in terms of depth if they can make it worth without trading Sharp.

Either way, the Hawks are coming out of this as an outstanding club.
i agree with most of what you say except for the order in which you would move guys...personally i would moveversteeg first i think hes the most useless of our forwards then barker...and i would try my best to hang on the buff...he is the type of player that we need and without him we dont really have...and comeplayoff time he is a huge asset..where we could easily replace versteeg witha rookie for less than 1 mil...i dont think we could replace buff

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Horcoff + Gilbert For Campbell + Byfuglien

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 04:01 PM
HawksTillDeath

Quote:
Great minds think alike.

Those are the exact guys I think need to go and I would go with that same order. Although there is a guy in this thread that thought the Hawks should keep Buff over Toews.
completely agree

gone in this order:

Sopel
Huet (waiver or trade to gainey? / but really, this is a priority even if it does not happen, they have to try)
Byfuglien
Barker
Versteeg
Sharp

Sharp needs to stay

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
completely agree

gone in this order:

Sopel
Huet (waiver or trade to gainey? / but really, this is a priority even if it does not happen, they have to try)
Byfuglien
Barker
Versteeg
Sharp

Sharp needs to stay
Chicago is going to win a Cup without a goalie now?

Old
12-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Horcoff + Gilbert For Campbell + Byfuglien
Nice try. Campbell is overpaid but highly productive. Horcoff is overpaid, on terrible term, and ... well, he brings intangibles.