HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames @ Coyotes (12/03/09)

Old
12-04-2009, 05:13 PM
RR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Didn't someone say that Pyatt is known for becoming an animal once someone messes with him?! Not to long before that goal one of the Flames got into a little tiff with Pyatt after the whistle and it sure seem to flip a switch in him.
That was me, and that was the report from Nucks fans when we got Pyatt. I noticed that last night, too, right before his goal. Maybe we should have Biz run him every night in pre-game.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 05:40 PM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post

Very nice. Jokinen makes everything funnier.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Rbenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
Well, its my birthday... and since I am so important to the world, it seemed obvious that the NHL give me a present like this.

and in case it wasn't obvious,
lol....

Rbenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 07:25 PM
LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Now come to think of it, what is wrong with Tippet? How does he think Beodker is going to breakout? Not even Ovechkin would thrive in his first year only getting 8 minutes. Play the *** kid! He is one of the best skaters on the team! Let him have PP time! Its a total waste to give to freaking guys that dont deserve it! Just because he's 19. I like Tippet but not in this aspect. Total waste of talent. Anyone can see this. Obviously Tippet cant
That's probably a poor example because players like Ovechkin stand out and you absolutely notice them. That is part of Boedkers problem...he has tons of speed and potential but he's not using it properly, he's not aggressive enough and quite honestly I like that the young ones have to earn their right to play. Everyone has been on this Porter, Boedker bandwagon and personally I don't think they have been all that impressive. I do like Boed's and I think he will earn a spot back either through injury this year or just stepping it up for next year. I thought he had a decent game last night though.

I think Tippett wants a strong team and we all need to realize one thing....Tippett wants to and gets paid to win. So if he thinks that a young player is not going to get the final result then I trust him.

LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Hey anyone notice that the Saturday game isnt televised? Oh well I'm going to see the Flyers and Caps. Should be fun but no Ovie . I'm gonna take pictures in warmups and might make a few sigs with the pics. Oh and what do ya guys think about Lupul and Ryan? Anyone think we have the pieces to maybe get one if the Ducks are way out of it by the deadline?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:46 PM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Hey anyone notice that the Saturday game isnt televised? Oh well I'm going to see the Flyers and Caps. Should be fun but no Ovie . I'm gonna take pictures in warmups and might make a few sigs with the pics. Oh and what do ya guys think about Lupul and Ryan? Anyone think we have the pieces to maybe get one if the Ducks are way out of it by the deadline?
The game originally wasn't going to be televised by either team but there was a change and the game will be broadcast on Center Ice.

Even without Ovechkin the Caps are a fun team to watch plus you will get to see the new coaching era for the Flyers begin!

As for Ryan/Lupul: I think Ryan would be cost prohibitive in the event that he was even available. I'm not a fan of Lupul and a lot of the locker room interactions I've read doesn't make it seem like he'd be a really good fit for the locker room or overall chemistry.

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:49 PM
RR

Quote:
It's on Center Ice. Here's the link:

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=508616&navid=DL|PHX|home

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
That was me, and that was the report from Nucks fans when we got Pyatt. I noticed that last night, too, right before his goal. Maybe we should have Biz run him every night in pre-game.
The same with Jovo when he is healthy again. I don't mind Pyatt and Jovo being Biz's whipping boys as long as it gets results.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:23 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post
I think Tippett wants a strong team and we all need to realize one thing....Tippett wants to and gets paid to win. So if he thinks that a young player is not going to get the final result then I trust him.
That's pretty much how I feel. Tippett is not planning for next year, he wants to ice the best team he can to win now. And that's exactly what we need. If Boedker manages to be dangerous with his limited ice time, he'll get more of it. If not, he'll be back in SA.

As long as the team's in the top half of the conference, I'm not going to ***** about coaching.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:55 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
Are you saying Feb 9 is you b-day? Cause mine is too. I think I'm going to ask for the same thing for my-bay. Maybe that will it will be twice as likely to happen.
It's mine too. Maybe it'll be three times more likely.

I think we're on to something here.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Wow this made my night. I looked at it first and it wasnt televised...thankgod it is! Oh and I should be able to get back from the game if it ends relatively early to catch the last of the Yotes. But those Flyers/Caps games are redicolously fun to watch with all the scoring...thats why I got my tickets really early and good ones...13 rows off the ice...too bad it cost me around 400 for 3 tix.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Just looking back at Thrusday's night game, and I saw Boedker had 2 shots in 8 mins. Other players that had less or equal to shots but more ice time were....vandy, michalek, schlemko, upshall, hanzal, lombo, prucha, lepisto, lang, korpikoski, winnik, and fiddler. Thats basically the team there Tippett. Another reason to play the kid. The next lowest person was Prucha with 11:57 total. PLEASE PLAY HIM! He makes things happen!

Old
12-05-2009, 12:43 AM
yakko

I just finished watching the game. I had trouble staying awake through the entire thing. That is the kind of game the Coyotes want to be playing and the Flames played pretty much the same game. Both teams did a good job clogging things up and making it very difficult to do anything offensively. Both teams were passive offensively, waiting for the opposition to leave them an opening and try to take advantage before falling right back into a passive, defensive position. Both teams just about put me to sleep.

It's a shame Korpikoski looked so surprised when that move of his in the neutral zone worked. It was a beauty, but he couldn't do a damn thing coming out of it.

I did enjoy watching Hanzal playing the body early and often. He wasn't providing much offensively, then again nobody was, but he was playing hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60DegreesIsCold View Post
I want to know how the heck Pyatt can disappear for huge stretches of games and then score a goal that pretty? If he could play at that level all the time, he would be awesome.
He has decent hands for a big guy, but he has no quickness in his feet at all and is rather passive trying to get open. He got lucky that the puck popped to him behind most of the Flames which gave him a ton of time and space to make a play. He was just as invisible as ever before and after the goal. It was a nice outside-inside move, but there is no way he holds that puck long enough to get one on one that deep if not for a breakdown by the Flames on a fluke play. I'm glad he score, but that goal doesn't make me feel any better about Pyatt's play overall.

I'm really starting to think Pyatt just can't skate well enough to be effective at the NHL level. I'm not just talking about straight line speed here either. He lacks lateral quickness as well. He just looks like he is skating in sand all of the time.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
That's pretty much how I feel. Tippett is not planning for next year, he wants to ice the best team he can to win now. And that's exactly what we need. If Boedker manages to be dangerous with his limited ice time, he'll get more of it. If not, he'll be back in SA.

As long as the team's in the top half of the conference, I'm not going to ***** about coaching.
Agreed, especially since Peter L is in Philly now and here, otherwise who knows where our team would be if Tippett ended up in Philly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-05-2009, 08:18 AM
AzYotes18

I honestly believe our team would be where all the Coyotes haters said we would be...struggling to even have points for the 8 spot.

With Jovo and Sauer back in the lineup...(please god soon...) they are so solid, we are gonna have a rocking team towards the second part of the season.

Every decision DM has been a pretty good one, yah there was Hale..lol, but he's batting about 90%...Every time I question a choice DM has made, it always works out.

Bringing Tippett in was icing on the cake, THANK GOD we got him, and he's doing a great job, we have no reason to question what he is doing with the youngsters, we are playing good hockey, and getting the W's. That's all that matters at this point, for the state of the franchise (getting dramatic here)

AzYotes18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Except all the Coyote haters are saying we should be dead last in the NHL come season end.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-05-2009, 11:32 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzYotes18 View Post
With Jovo and Sauer back in the lineup...(please god soon...) they are so solid, we are gonna have a rocking team towards the second part of the season.
As far as I'm concerned - and don't quote it as a rumor, it's based on absolutely nothing - I've written Sauer off. Mysterious headaches keeping him away from the ice for months? Concussion or not, that just doesn't sound right.

I'm not keeping my hopes up. I sure wish the poor guy a speedy recovery, and I hope it's nothing life-threatening, but at this point I'm not epecting him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
Except all the Coyote haters are saying we should be dead last in the NHL come season end.
Posted via Mobile Device
...and they could still very well be right. Nothing's done yet. Come late March, if the Coyotes are still in the hunt, we can start getting giddy.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
krepitch
Coyote Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyregretzky View Post
The game originally wasn't going to be televised by either team but there was a change and the game will be broadcast on Center Ice.

Even without Ovechkin the Caps are a fun team to watch plus you will get to see the new coaching era for the Flyers begin!

As for Ryan/Lupul: I think Ryan would be cost prohibitive in the event that he was even available. I'm not a fan of Lupul and a lot of the locker room interactions I've read doesn't make it seem like he'd be a really good fit for the locker room or overall chemistry.
What was the reason for the late start tonight? I assumed it was for television purposes.

krepitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Coyotes/Flames Post game is up. http://coyotes.azvibe.com/2009/12/05...oyotes-hockey/

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
What was the reason for the late start tonight? I assumed it was for television purposes.
I thought it was because CBC had the game and then dropped it.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote