HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

"We Gonna Run This Town Tonight" Preds @ Hawks December 4th 2009 7:30 pm

Old
12-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

vCash: 500
So, uh, thanks for the 2 points, now get your ***** out of that building before Chicago pressures us to turn them over.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:11 PM
OpenWheel

We'll see. Good points.

I panned them early, (after saying I liked the lines but changing my mind early lol) but they did the job. I liked it at first mainly because I hated when Tootoo was tried with Legwand... But you are right, they seemed to mesh. I've not been a big Goc fan but if I'm honest I have to admit he's a decent player. And I've never been a big Tootoo fan other then as an agitator but maybe he has improved offensively or at least deserves the chance to play on a line with some skill.

It'll be awesome if that line continues to contribute goals. I feel confident Trotz is going to leave the lines this way for at least awhile.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 12-04-2009 at 10:17 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:17 PM
crimsonking

Good game tonight guys. It was a well deserved victory for you, and Ellis played extremely well.

crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:19 PM
OpenWheel

Thanks. Your team is very tough offensively. They kept coming. Good defensively too, but we got the breaks when we needed them.

Old
12-04-2009, 10:29 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Thanks. Your team is very tough offensively. They kept coming. Good defensively too, but we got the breaks when we needed them.
Thanks. You never know with any team in our division. Let's hope you can keep it up, and stay ahead of the Wings.

OT - Strange question, but were you the guy I noticed last year sporting a DP01 in your avatar?

Old
12-04-2009, 10:48 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonking View Post
OT - Strange question, but were you the guy I noticed last year sporting a DP01 in your avatar?
No. Before the reunification I guess you could say I was more of an IRL guy. The DP01 seemed like a pretty good race car though. But it wasn't me.

Old
12-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Federko

side note: I had no idea Terry Crisp was the commentater on FSN SOUTH ...He's a legend up here after he coached the '89 Calgary Flames to the stanley cup over those annoying habs... I wondered what happened to him. He calls a pretty good game..his partner in crime messes up A LOT tho.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 10:53 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
No. Before the reunification I guess you could say I was more of an IRL guy. The DP01 seemed like a pretty good race car though. But it wasn't me.
Ahh, ok. Was someone else then. I was on the other side before the mergification, but as evidenced by being a Hawk fan for the last 10 years of mediocrity I chose poorly.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:02 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonking View Post
Ahh, ok. Was someone else then. I was on the other side before the mergification, but as evidenced by being a Hawk fan for the last 10 years of mediocrity I chose poorly.
Hey, it's still good. For awhile there was twice as much racing. Just need to rebuild it all now...

Supposedly the IRL's new design to be announced soon is fairly radical. I'll believe that only when I see it though. I'm hoping for less grip, more horsepower.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:04 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Hey, it's still good. For awhile there was twice as much racing. Just need to rebuild it all now...

Supposedly the IRL's new design to be announced soon is fairly radical. I'll believe that only when I see it though. I'm hoping for less grip, more horsepower.
The term "radical" scares me, but you're right I've heard it could be different. I just hope the new design will bring back turbo. They desperately need it.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalist Infidel View Post
4-1 Hawks

Hossa with 2

Kane

Madden

Predators get a goal off a Hawk defenseman stick
Wow, congrats...great call!

Oh...wait...well...at least you got the score right!

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:06 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
side note: I had no idea Terry Crisp was the commentater on FSN SOUTH ...He's a legend up here after he coached the '89 Calgary Flames to the stanley cup over those annoying habs... I wondered what happened to him. He calls a pretty good game..his partner in crime messes up A LOT tho.
I would have said the reverse, I was more of a fan of Pete Weber than Crispy. I like Crispy but sometimes he would talk only in cliches. I like them both though, and this year and last it does seem as if Weber makes more mistakes than he used to. And Crisp has the background to know what he's talking about.

I've heard other announcers and I think ours are in the middle of the pack and I feel ok about that. They root for the home team without the over the top blind homerism I've heard when I watch feeds from some other arenas.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Man alive, how many times is Hamhuis going to have to get burned trying to play the puck before he catches on? When I saw it was going to be one on one with Toews and Hamhuis, I thought to myself, "Pleeeease be ready for it, Ellie"

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:27 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
So, uh, thanks for the 2 points, now get your ***** out of that building before Chicago pressures us to turn them over.
that is hilarious!

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Federko

Quote:
I would have said the reverse, I was more of a fan of Pete Weber than Crispy. I like Crispy but sometimes he would talk only in cliches. I like them both though, and this year and last it does seem as if Weber makes more mistakes than he used to. And Crisp has the background to know what he's talking about.

I've heard other announcers and I think ours are in the middle of the pack and I feel ok about that. They root for the home team without the over the top blind homerism I've heard when I watch feeds from some other arenas.
I really liked Crisp tonight. He was all like "The Preds have to look out for the Hawks breakout pass. Don't let them do it. JUST STEP INFRONT OF THEM..." - hahaha Yeah Crisp! I think he continued on about how important it was for the Preds to break the Hawk's cycle rythem/speed, etc. and yes..they do route for the home team!

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:26 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
What's up with Legwand? I don't know what the numbers ended but last game at one point he was 3-9 or something on faceoffs. So far he's 2 and 6 in this game.
I felt compelled to check. 2 and 11 this game and 3 and 10 last game. 5 draw wins, 21 draw losses in two games.

Time to put in some extra work Leggy. I think they're on to you.

Old
12-05-2009, 12:42 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I don't know how they pulled that off, but I'll take it!

That was an awful end of the second and third period. Couldn't clear, kept turning the puck over just inside the blue line. Chicago just kept coming and coming. Thankfully they missed some wide open shots.

Hamhuis got beat for the Hawks goal, then redeems himself by getting the first goal.

3rd line was the best line all night. Had lots of chances, 2 goals.

The way they were playing I thought we would be lucky with a point, but then Tootoo with the nice quick shot. I thought the Preds would let up like they always do after they score and let Chicago get a goal in the next 30 seconds. But it was Ward that got the goal and put it away for good!

Ellis made some big saves. There was probably no stopping that Toews shot, stupid highlight reel goal.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Hamhuis does overcommit with his stick because he is so good at poke-checking.

How crazy is this team? Wow. We play Chicago better than anyone in the league, bar none.

12-05-2009, 10:21 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
But it was Ward that got the goal and put it away for good!
Got to give some credit for Legwand stealing the puck and setting Ward up!

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote