HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

White back in Hamilton

Old
12-05-2009, 11:07 AM
CanadienErrant*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70315217

He is according to Gagnon.
Lines at practice this morning:

Cammalleri – Plekanec – Kostitsyn (a)

Pyatt – Gomez – D’Agostini

Pacioretty – Metropolit – Moen

Bergeron – Pouliot – Lapierre – Laraque
What a line !

hopefully, in a near future we gonna see a second line like this:

Pouliot-Gomez-S,Kost

or even better

Pouliot or S.K. -Gomez- Gionta

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:09 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Quote:
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70315217

He is according to Gagnon.
Lines at practice this morning:

Cammalleri – Plekanec – Kostitsyn (a)

Pyatt – Gomez – D’Agostini

Pacioretty – Metropolit – Moen

Bergeron – Pouliot – Lapierre – Laraque
i would switch pouliot with D'Agostini and keep Bergeron-Lapierre-Laraque they played well last night

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
What a line !
What a patchwork.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:14 AM
la25ecoupe

MAB wasn't that bad on offense.

I'd do:
Cammy - Gomez - Pouliot
SK - Plek - AK
Patches - Metro - Moen
MAB - Pyatt - Laraque

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

It's too bad but he showed he was able to play hard game after game,it's too bad we are stuck with Laraque,totally useless and no one wants to fight him anyways

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Miller Time

I'm glad the team kept him up for the celebration last night, caught a glimpse of him at one point and the smile was ear to ear...

i bet he goes back to Hamilton with even greater motivation to improve and earn himself a permanent spot with the team. He'll be back before the season ends...

as for lines for tomorrow's game, assuming S.Kost is back, this is what I'd like to see:

Cammy- Gomez-Metro
S.Kost- Pleks- A.Kost
Max Pac- Pouliot- Moen
D'ago- Pyatt- Bergeron

laraque and lapierre in the press box...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
A lot of people have Pouliot starting on the second/third line but I actually think it's a good idea to start him off on the fourth.

You sit Laraque and you ice the line of MAB-Lapierre-Pouliot. That way, we give him some ice time to start, let him build up some confidence and in return show the coach what he is capable of doing. If he is REALLY excelling during the game, bump him up a line.

But starting on the fourth to build him up is key here. Let's stop worrying about him being a star for now and work on getting him there step by step. You don't just leap up a 20ft ladder with one jump, you climb it step-by-step.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:42 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
A lot of people have Pouliot starting on the second/third line but I actually think it's a good idea to start him off on the fourth.

You sit Laraque and you ice the line of MAB-Lapierre-Pouliot. That way, we give him some ice time to start, let him build up some confidence and in return show the coach what he is capable of doing. If he is REALLY excelling during the game, bump him up a line.

But starting on the fourth to build him up is key here. Let's stop worrying about him being a star for now and work on getting him there step by step. You don't just leap up a 20ft ladder with one jump, you climb it step-by-step.
We just traded for a guy that was drafted 4th overall. Obviously he has talent. We need to make sure we give him a chance to prove a change of scenery was what the doctor ordered. If we play Pouliot 5 min a game on a 4th line we're pretty stupid. The guy needs to be given a real good chance to show what he can do, gain confidence and put it all together. Otherwise the Latendresse/Pouliot trade was just a dump, which is retarded.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
I'm glad the team kept him up for the celebration last night, caught a glimpse of him at one point and the smile was ear to ear...

i bet he goes back to Hamilton with even greater motivation to improve and earn himself a permanent spot with the team. He'll be back before the season ends...

as for lines for tomorrow's game, assuming S.Kost is back, this is what I'd like to see:

Cammy- Gomez-Metro
S.Kost- Pleks- A.Kost
Max Pac- Pouliot- Moen
D'ago- Pyatt- Bergeron

laraque and lapierre in the press box...
we not breaking the Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen line
thats our most consistent line

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 11:46 AM
BJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We just traded for a guy that was drafted 4th overall. Obviously he has talent. We need to make sure we give him a chance to prove a change of scenery was what the doctor ordered. If we play Pouliot 5 min a game on a 4th line we're pretty stupid. The guy needs to be given a real good chance to show what he can do, gain confidence and put it all together. Otherwise the Latendresse/Pouliot trade was just a dump, which is retarded.
This. It's not like the guy is 18 years old and playing his first NHL game. He either has the stuff to be a top 6 or he doesn't. We won't learn that if he sits on the fourth line.

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
i think its going to be a battle between lapierre and pyatt for the 4t line center spot and if lapierre doesnt wake up he might be the next out since pyatt has been great.
as for white id take him over laraque and dagostini forsure because he plays his role prefectly. but with all the defencmens back 1 forward spot will be for bergron wwho playyed great last night as a forward hitting everything and making some smart plays so theres no room for white for now
We have 22 guys on the active roster now, plus Gionta and Markov on IR.

If those two return and no one else is hurt, we have one too many players. This is the same position we were in at the beginning of the season when Sergei was sent down. I assume this time that while Patches and Sergei could still go down without clearing waivers, they will both be kept with the big club. Pyatt can still go down without clearing waivers or someone will have to be exposed, either Bergeron (one guy who wasn't here at season's start), or D'Agostini (too risky and I would not do), or Laraque or another D-man.

I would vote for McGillisizing Laraque if needed.

Gomez-Gionta-Pouliot
Plekanec-A.Kost-Cammalleri
Metropolit-Moen-Pacioretty
Lapierre-S.Kost-Bergeron
...Spares: d'Agostini, Pyatt

O'Byrne-Markov
Spacek-Hamrlik
Gorges-Gill
...Spare: Mara

Out since season's start:
Latendresse
Stewart
Chipchura
Laraque

In (new):
Pouliot
Bergeron
Sergei
Pyatt

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
YA he hasnt scored with us this year, maybe needs to find a knack down there. Not really worried that he wont be called up again.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Pyatt will be down soon too. Got a good taste, but numbers are numbers.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:03 PM
guest1467

White played well, and fought hard for his team. He will be back someday.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:15 PM
gusfring

White needs to work on his offensive game.

Why all the hate for Laraque? Did anyone notice Shawn Thornton last night? I didn't.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:10 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Pyatt is spot holding for Sergei K in practice.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:11 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post

Why all the hate for Laraque? Did anyone notice Shawn Thornton last night? I didn't.
Actually, I did, he forced Price to make a good save.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:16 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
I would've kept White over Pyatt personally, but that's OK. White showed some good things while up, he is probably first to be called up next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I would have rathered White over Pyatt to be honest.
I agree, maybe management prefers Pyatt as a possible centre than White.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Jigger77

White has been really good. Nice surprise there. Personally I thought Pyatt was more convincing with the puck. Just a matter of opinion though.

I also really like Laraque's presence in the lineup. I find we look a lot more confident with him there. I know I'm a rare minority with that opinion but I have a sneaking suspicion JM likes him being around too because as far as I know he has not been a healthy scratch yet. I'd like to know what our record is with him in the lineup. Only big question mark is will his back hold up.

Hopefully this means that Sergei is good to go and that maybe Pouliot is also getting close to a return.

Jigger77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post

Yeah I don't really get it either. He's effective. 10+ minutes and you don't really notice a 4th liner is good work in my books.

One thing I noticed about Laraque early on this year was the game we got absolutely blown away against Vancouver. 7-1 I believe.

Laraque played 10 minutes in that game and his +/- was zero. There is something I like about him being around.

Jigger77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I thought they would send Pyatt down over White, but either way I'm glad he's back in Hamilton, they need him and it was likely a great learning experirence for him as he showed he has really improved and has moved his way up the depth charts. Plus the Dogs have a shot at winning it all this year, they have the best goaltending duo in the AHL most likely, Darche is about to come back and Johansson shouldn't be too far behind, so getting White makes them that much better (it's Russell-Maxwell-White on a line today)

I was impressed with how he played, looking good for him, could turn into a nice pick for Timmins and a smart trade by Gainey to trade up to get him.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 05:10 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Darn...

We don't have enough of a physical presence on the ice and we send down one of the only willing bodies that dishes punishment and accepts punishment...

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
I would've kept White over Pyatt personally, but that's OK. White showed some good things while up, he is probably first to be called up next.
Its over, no one getting called up next

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I thought they would send Pyatt down over White, but either way I'm glad he's back in Hamilton, they need him and it was likely a great learning experirence for him as he showed he has really improved and has moved his way up the depth charts. Plus the Dogs have a shot at winning it all this year, they have the best goaltending duo in the AHL most likely, Darche is about to come back and Johansson shouldn't be too far behind, so getting White makes them that much better (it's Russell-Maxwell-White on a line today)

I was impressed with how he played, looking good for him, could turn into a nice pick for Timmins and a smart trade by Gainey to trade up to get him.
Agreed on all points, especially the bolded part. He must know that he did well for himself, probably learned a lot, and has a better idea of the things he needs to work on by the time (not if) he is called upon to play a full time role in the NHL. I hope the experience he takes down there makes Hamilton even tougher to play against as you also touched on.

And let's face it: the Habs should be better withOUT White in the lineup if everyone is healthy, so this is hopefully a sign that slowly the Habs are going to hit an upswing in the coming days/weeks/months.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

This is a tough call. I would imagine that laraque stays in the lineup considering the kind of team that is coming to town on monday. If skost is not ready, I could see pouliot drawing in.

OTOH, Martin may just opt to keep pouliot and pyatt waiting and stick with the same formula that got him the 5-1 victory.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote