HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hudler's Contract Status

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
  #1
Jobu
Registered User
 
Jobu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 500
Hudler's Contract Status

I know that Hudler signed a 2-year deal last summer, but has there been any confirmation as to whether or not he has an out clause or can otherwise come back next year?

He seems to be doing quite well in the KHL.

Sorry if this has already been discussed... the search function here is horrible.

Jobu is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 05:46 PM
  #2
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,174
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I think he has an out clause in his KHL contract to come back after one season.

Winger98 is offline  
Old
12-03-2009, 08:39 PM
  #3
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
I did a Google search on it, and couldn't find anything other than the details everyone already knew.

That's what I thought I'd heard, and it looks like the Wings will need him next season...

RedMenace is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 06:00 AM
  #4
Karamazov
Registered User
 
Karamazov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
I was under the impression that two years was written in stone - the contract was very heavily front-loaded. It'd be great news if he could come back, but I'm skeptical. The one year we need him...

Karamazov is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 07:16 AM
  #5
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
Hudler is not the problem nor the solution.

Nordic* is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
  #6
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Hudler is not the problem nor the solution.
ANY production at this point would help solve the problem.

RedMenace is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 03:35 PM
  #7
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
He left for more money. Why would he come back for less next year?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 03:40 PM
  #8
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 17,201
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
He left for more money. Why would he come back for less next year?
He won't. He's already won a cup in the NHL and now he has a chance to make enough money to get set for life. There's no reason for him to come back this year, next year, the year after if they're going to pay him the same or more.

Heaton is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
  #9
doublejack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
He won't. He's already won a cup in the NHL and now he has a chance to make enough money to get set for life. There's no reason for him to come back this year, next year, the year after if they're going to pay him the same or more.
Which is why I'm worried he'll come back at like 35 or 40 years old, looking to collect on that two year contract the Wings are committed to.

doublejack is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 04:06 PM
  #10
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,174
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
If Hudler waits that long there will also be a new CBA or two by then. With the near constant skirmishes with the KHL now, and GMs still complaining of being saddled with cumbersome contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if Hudler's contract won' be as guaranteed then as it is now.

Winger98 is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 04:10 PM
  #11
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 17,201
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
Which is why I'm worried he'll come back at like 35 or 40 years old, looking to collect on that two year contract the Wings are committed to.
By that time I'd bet a substantial amount that guaranteed contracts would be a thing of the past.

edit: Didn't read what Winger wrote!

Heaton is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 09:56 PM
  #12
Matt714*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Repentigny, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Can he play goal ?

Matt714* is offline  
Old
12-04-2009, 11:46 PM
  #13
backhander
Registered User
 
backhander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post
ANY production at this point would help solve the problem.
second

backhander is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 02:54 AM
  #14
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
He left for more money. Why would he come back for less next year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
He won't. He's already won a cup in the NHL and now he has a chance to make enough money to get set for life. There's no reason for him to come back this year, next year, the year after if they're going to pay him the same or more.
Rabble rabble rabble...

Edit: Wow, wouldn't want anyone to think I'm getting "worked up" over something...


Last edited by RedMenace: 12-05-2009 at 12:15 PM.
RedMenace is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 09:53 AM
  #15
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post
Because, you know, the KHL isn't where his heart is?*

Seriously, the guy wants to play in the NHL.* Just because he left one season for $5M tax-free dollars does NOT mean he is only in it for the money.*

If, in fact, there is an out-clause after his first KHL season, don't you think that might say a little something? I mean, why have an out-clause if you're just going to stay in the place you have an out-clause from?*

Perhaps I have a little too much faith in humanity -- I swear this board tests it every day -- but the possibility is there. Not a single ****ing one of us can say one way or the other that he will or won't come back.

Period.

End of story.

Unless, of course, you're Jiri Hudler.

* - Just a feeling, not trying to state "facts" where they don't exist.

Edit: Added a couple more *s to make sure that nobody confuses opinion with fact... which, of course, NEVER happens around here.
Nobody is saying he won't come back or that he wouldn't rather be playing in the NHL. FACT IS he left for more money and bigger role. No one here blames him for it. I would have done the same thing,but seriously if you get this worked up about it maybe you need to find something else to do than visit message boards.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 11:48 AM
  #16
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 17,201
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post
Because, you know, the KHL isn't where his heart is?*

Seriously, the guy wants to play in the NHL.* Just because he left one season for $5M tax-free dollars does NOT mean he is only in it for the money.*

If, in fact, there is an out-clause after his first KHL season, don't you think that might say a little something? I mean, why have an out-clause if you're just going to stay in the place you have an out-clause from?*

Perhaps I have a little too much faith in humanity -- I swear this board tests it every day -- but the possibility is there. Not a single ****ing one of us can say one way or the other that he will or won't come back.

Period.

End of story.

Unless, of course, you're Jiri Hudler.

* - Just a feeling, not trying to state "facts" where they don't exist.

Edit: Added a couple more *s to make sure that nobody confuses opinion with fact... which, of course, NEVER happens around here.
I don't think on a message board it's necessary to qualify every post with 'I think'. You take what you know and make an informed opinion about it. Based on what's happened, I posted my opinion without qualifications.

Also, what out clause? I don't believe players who sign in the KHL get out clauses.

Heaton is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:11 PM
  #17
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Nobody is saying he won't come back or that he wouldn't rather be playing in the NHL. FACT IS he left for more money and bigger role. No one here blames him for it. I would have done the same thing,but seriously if you get this worked up about it maybe you need to find something else to do than visit message boards.
You people and you're "getting worked up" shtick. If someone has an opinion about something that isn't popular and tries to defend their stance, they're "getting worked up" about something?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton
I don't think on a message board it's necessary to qualify every post with 'I think'. You take what you know and make an informed opinion about it. Based on what's happened, I posted my opinion without qualifications.
Around here, if you don't qualify your statements as opinion, most people assume you're stating facts -- and if those opinions happen to differ, well you're wrong.

Quote:
Also, what out clause? I don't believe players who sign in the KHL get out clauses.
If that's the case, why wouldn't it have been simpler just to post that in the first place? Amazing how much **** can be avoided just by answering the question at hand...

RedMenace is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:30 PM
  #18
solo16
Registered User
 
solo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 3,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post

Around here, if you don't qualify your statements as opinion, most people assume you're stating facts -- and if those opinions happen to differ, well you're wrong.
Most people on this board are idiots. Most people in life are idiots. There are very few people who actually know what they are talking about let alone citing facts. No point playing the generalization game. If everyone jumped off the bridge does that mean you should too? I'm just saying...

solo16 is offline  
Old
12-05-2009, 12:36 PM
  #19
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Most people on this board are idiots. Most people in life are idiots. There are very few people who actually know what they are talking about let alone citing facts. No point playing the generalization game. If everyone jumped off the bridge does that mean you should too? I'm just saying...
Is it a small bridge? Is there candy at the bottom?

I really like chocolate...

Oh, and I only generalized as much as you did just now.

RedMenace is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.