HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hudler's Contract Status

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Jobu

vCash: 500
Hudler's Contract Status

I know that Hudler signed a 2-year deal last summer, but has there been any confirmation as to whether or not he has an out clause or can otherwise come back next year?

He seems to be doing quite well in the KHL.

Sorry if this has already been discussed... the search function here is horrible.

Old
12-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I think he has an out clause in his KHL contract to come back after one season.

Old
12-03-2009, 08:39 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

I did a Google search on it, and couldn't find anything other than the details everyone already knew.

That's what I thought I'd heard, and it looks like the Wings will need him next season...

Old
12-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Karamazov

I was under the impression that two years was written in stone - the contract was very heavily front-loaded. It'd be great news if he could come back, but I'm skeptical. The one year we need him...

Old
12-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Nordic*

Hudler is not the problem nor the solution.

Old
12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Hudler is not the problem nor the solution.
ANY production at this point would help solve the problem.

Old
12-04-2009, 03:35 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

He left for more money. Why would he come back for less next year?

Old
12-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
He won't. He's already won a cup in the NHL and now he has a chance to make enough money to get set for life. There's no reason for him to come back this year, next year, the year after if they're going to pay him the same or more.

Old
12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
He won't. He's already won a cup in the NHL and now he has a chance to make enough money to get set for life. There's no reason for him to come back this year, next year, the year after if they're going to pay him the same or more.
Which is why I'm worried he'll come back at like 35 or 40 years old, looking to collect on that two year contract the Wings are committed to.

Old
12-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
If Hudler waits that long there will also be a new CBA or two by then. With the near constant skirmishes with the KHL now, and GMs still complaining of being saddled with cumbersome contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if Hudler's contract won' be as guaranteed then as it is now.

Old
12-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
Which is why I'm worried he'll come back at like 35 or 40 years old, looking to collect on that two year contract the Wings are committed to.
By that time I'd bet a substantial amount that guaranteed contracts would be a thing of the past.

edit: Didn't read what Winger wrote!

Old
12-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Can he play goal ?

Old
12-04-2009, 11:46 PM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Llama View Post
ANY production at this point would help solve the problem.
second

Old
12-05-2009, 02:54 AM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Rabble rabble rabble...

Edit: Wow, wouldn't want anyone to think I'm getting "worked up" over something...

Last edited by RedMenace: 12-05-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old
12-05-2009, 09:53 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Because, you know, the KHL isn't where his heart is?*

Seriously, the guy wants to play in the NHL.* Just because he left one season for $5M tax-free dollars does NOT mean he is only in it for the money.*

If, in fact, there is an out-clause after his first KHL season, don't you think that might say a little something? I mean, why have an out-clause if you're just going to stay in the place you have an out-clause from?*

Perhaps I have a little too much faith in humanity -- I swear this board tests it every day -- but the possibility is there. Not a single ****ing one of us can say one way or the other that he will or won't come back.

Period.

End of story.

Unless, of course, you're Jiri Hudler.

* - Just a feeling, not trying to state "facts" where they don't exist.

Edit: Added a couple more *s to make sure that nobody confuses opinion with fact... which, of course, NEVER happens around here.
Nobody is saying he won't come back or that he wouldn't rather be playing in the NHL. FACT IS he left for more money and bigger role. No one here blames him for it. I would have done the same thing,but seriously if you get this worked up about it maybe you need to find something else to do than visit message boards.

Old
12-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Because, you know, the KHL isn't where his heart is?*

Seriously, the guy wants to play in the NHL.* Just because he left one season for $5M tax-free dollars does NOT mean he is only in it for the money.*

If, in fact, there is an out-clause after his first KHL season, don't you think that might say a little something? I mean, why have an out-clause if you're just going to stay in the place you have an out-clause from?*

Perhaps I have a little too much faith in humanity -- I swear this board tests it every day -- but the possibility is there. Not a single ****ing one of us can say one way or the other that he will or won't come back.

Period.

End of story.

Unless, of course, you're Jiri Hudler.

* - Just a feeling, not trying to state "facts" where they don't exist.

Edit: Added a couple more *s to make sure that nobody confuses opinion with fact... which, of course, NEVER happens around here.
I don't think on a message board it's necessary to qualify every post with 'I think'. You take what you know and make an informed opinion about it. Based on what's happened, I posted my opinion without qualifications.

Also, what out clause? I don't believe players who sign in the KHL get out clauses.

Old
12-05-2009, 12:11 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Nobody is saying he won't come back or that he wouldn't rather be playing in the NHL. FACT IS he left for more money and bigger role. No one here blames him for it. I would have done the same thing,but seriously if you get this worked up about it maybe you need to find something else to do than visit message boards.
You people and you're "getting worked up" shtick. If someone has an opinion about something that isn't popular and tries to defend their stance, they're "getting worked up" about something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton
I don't think on a message board it's necessary to qualify every post with 'I think'. You take what you know and make an informed opinion about it. Based on what's happened, I posted my opinion without qualifications.
Around here, if you don't qualify your statements as opinion, most people assume you're stating facts -- and if those opinions happen to differ, well you're wrong.

Quote:
Also, what out clause? I don't believe players who sign in the KHL get out clauses.
If that's the case, why wouldn't it have been simpler just to post that in the first place? Amazing how much **** can be avoided just by answering the question at hand...

Old
12-05-2009, 12:30 PM
solo16

Quote:

Around here, if you don't qualify your statements as opinion, most people assume you're stating facts -- and if those opinions happen to differ, well you're wrong.
Most people on this board are idiots. Most people in life are idiots. There are very few people who actually know what they are talking about let alone citing facts. No point playing the generalization game. If everyone jumped off the bridge does that mean you should too? I'm just saying...

Old
12-05-2009, 12:36 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Most people on this board are idiots. Most people in life are idiots. There are very few people who actually know what they are talking about let alone citing facts. No point playing the generalization game. If everyone jumped off the bridge does that mean you should too? I'm just saying...
Is it a small bridge? Is there candy at the bottom?

I really like chocolate...

Oh, and I only generalized as much as you did just now.

Closed Thread