HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Elbow pads for roller hockey

Old
12-05-2009, 01:07 PM
**** Farise

vCash: 500
Elbow pads for roller hockey

So last night in my game I got thrown off the rink and told to put on some elbow pads after the ref found out I wasn't wearing any. I never wear them for roller hockey, but apparently they're ******* about it in this new league I'm in. The ref said it's a 10 minute misconduct if you get caught w/out all the 'proper' equipment on, and was giving me a warning. I've been playing roller for over 10 years and never wore them, but don't wanna deal with 10 min misconducts.

So...anyone know of really light, like barely-there elbow pads for roller? Like something on a similar level with these roller hockey pants? http://www.rollerhockeymonkey.com/mi...le-dsx-sr.html

**** Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:12 PM
TheGooooch

I just got the smallest pads that I could find at a used sports store. I actually have a nice pair that I use for ice but they seem to slide a little bit so I use these small ones for everything. Not sure the name but I will let you know when I get back home later

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Gino 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE7 View Post
The ref said it's a 10 minute misconduct if you get caught w/out all the 'proper' equipment on, and was giving me a warning. I've been playing roller for over 10 years and never wore them, but don't wanna deal with 10 min misconducts.
Not sure what rules you play by, but there are no rules for USAH that require elbow pads, I can't believe roller is any different. Next time it comes up, ask the ref to show you where it states in the rules where elbow pads are required.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
**** Farise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
Not sure what rules you play by, but there are no rules for USAH that require elbow pads, I can't believe roller is any different. Next time it comes up, ask the ref to show you where it states in the rules where elbow pads are required.
I checked around on their website, and elbows are listed in their 'required equipment' section. So maybe it's not entirely by the ref manual, but house rules? But now that I've read the list, it also includes mouthpiece in required equipment....and I'm part of the maybe 10-15% of the entire league that wears a mouthpiece, what a ****en dbag.

Old
12-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Gino 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE7 View Post
I checked around on their website, and elbows are listed in their 'required equipment' section. So maybe it's not entirely by the ref manual, but house rules? But now that I've read the list, it also includes mouthpiece in required equipment....and I'm part of the maybe 10-15% of the entire league that wears a mouthpiece, what a ****en dbag.
Never knew refs enforced house rules.

Almost any of the major manufacturers have a line of minimal padding equipment. I have a set similar to these pads that I wear when I ref just for a little protection without being bulky.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Do you wear jersey shirts or regular jerseys, cuz I played the whole last season without elbow pads because I prefer it and knew if I got hurt it was my fault. Never got caught, then again we wore reg. jerseys?

How'd you get caught?

Also, do you know where I could find some fall/winter rollerhockey leagues? Thx.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:30 AM
**** Farise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Do you wear jersey shirts or regular jerseys, cuz I played the whole last season without elbow pads because I prefer it and knew if I got hurt it was my fault. Never got caught, then again we wore reg. jerseys?

How'd you get caught?

Also, do you know where I could find some fall/winter rollerhockey leagues? Thx.
Yea that's what I've been doing, just wearing a jersey with full sleeves and relying on being pretty big to make it seem like I have them. But off a faceoff the damn ref kept getting in my way to try to get into the corner, and when I brushed against his arm or something he noticed I wasn't wearing them.

If you're in NJ, ISCA in wallington plays basically year round (4 different seasons).